R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Angry Sick of no onroad tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok let me beat this one into the freaking ground. First none of you probably know me and it's not like I'm famous but I'm just a regular guy who loves the hell out of nitro on-road and loves to race in professionally styled races or just for fun. Unfortunately, ( and the recession is no excuse), everywhere you look there isn't anymore tracks!!! You have to be either sponsored, have some rich parents who willed you their money or gave you their credit card, or some retired guy who has nothing better to do with his/her time. I'd like to put myself towards the end except I'm a disabled vet and fighting for benefits. At any rate, There are like 8 off road tracks to 1 on-road. That is an Fn problem in my book. Now you are all probably asking me well why haven't you tried to do something about it. Well i did try. And I got the same BS results as any of you who tried got. I went to the city and tried to convince our lovely city that such a track would be profitable and good for the community. Well first this was all done by letter since the board "forgot" about my meeting with them so here I am today. ROAR is cool and all that is fine but what happened to the people who used to ban together and find old parking lots and repave them, build a stand and make a raceway? Have those days ended? It's easy to go to Toledo if you live an hour away and play all day on that wonderful track but if you live in the middle of Georgia then you are F'd! Everyone should be able to enjoy on-road racing. ROAR and all those big wigs make enuff money where there should be more tracks. Period! But ok there's not so let's make our own. Unite with people around you or towns next over and lets get stuff moving again all across America. This is horse%$&@! There's no reason why I have 3 grand in cars and cant use em. Thanks for listening.
lonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

whats this "on road racing" you speak of?....LOL, i live in michigan and know how ya feel, i would like to try it! have raced everything else. well.....like they say...." you build it....they will come!"
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

we are kinda the same up here in the great white north. on the west coast here land is the limiting factory. who is gonna be willing to give us an acre to build a track when the average house price is 600k? i dunno about your area but land isnt cheap.
really need hobby shop support for a perm facility.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great rant!!

Everyone Unite! lol
bdbachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
we are kinda the same up here in the great white north. on the west coast here land is the limiting factory. who is gonna be willing to give us an acre to build a track when the average house price is 600k? i dunno about your area but land isnt cheap.
really need hobby shop support for a perm facility.

Not for on-road nitro. Find a church, Home Depot, Lowes, with a nice parking lot, make some relationships, throw down a track and go racing. Problem is it sounds like your by yourself, right? You need to find at least 3 other people..
bdbachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

our club has been racing the same parking lot for many many years. but its a pia having to prep, setup, spray ect every sunday morning and tear down every evening.
though we are lucky we are able to rent the lot from the municipality at all.

would be nice to have a perm facility for sure but wont happen until one of us wins the loto ha.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Here in SoCal we only have one track. Its a non-permanent parking lot track that happens only twice a month on weekends at a large transit center's auxiliary parking lot. Its not great but its all we have.

However it would be nice if there was a facility like Mike's Hobby Shop in Houston TX.
http://www.mikes-hobbyshop.com/category_s/1.htm

This is definitely a world class facility.

In Kommiefornia where real estate is high and all sorts of BS laws exist to limit or even strangle aspiring businesses, its no wonder why we don't have a facility such as the one in Houston. However, in GA, I don't see why it would be a problem. Be glad you live outside the Kalifornia Curtain and live in a "free" state.
Attached Thumbnails
Sick of no onroad tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-mikeshobbies.jpg  

Last edited by YR4Dude; 09-25-2011 at 12:42 AM.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

VERY NICE^^^
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Default ON A ROCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PACIFIC

yeah i feel you. we lost our track about a 2years ago. and it really sucks i keep hearing rumors about a new track and it never pans out. at least yall can plan a road trip and drive to a track. try livin on a rock in the middle of the pacific ocean
RUNNINONMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IF YOU LIVE IN GEORGIA COME RACE DOWN HERE IN FLORIDA WE GOT MAD TRACKS TO RACE ON ALL YEAR LONG!!!!!!!!
Q-B0R0 B0MBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah, I feel ya............the only problem is.......of course, attendence. Leisure hours has a great nitro onroad track, but other than big races....the turnout isn't there...and its a world class facility like Mike's. Nitro onroad may be the most expensive genre of rc so it's not as popular as other classes...Like u said, u have 3k in your cars....I raced it one year and love it and I have someone tryin to talk me into 1/8 onroad....its just sooooo expensive to run.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-B0R0 B0MBER View Post
IF YOU LIVE IN GEORGIA COME RACE DOWN HERE IN FLORIDA WE GOT MAD TRACKS TO RACE ON ALL YEAR LONG!!!!!!!!
can you pm me a list of infomation on track & location in FL if possible my 966 need some action thanks
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

to the person who posted the picture,
please resixe the picture. i found it near
impossible to read this thread because the
pic mucked up the format of the page.

to the original poster, you need to start your own
track. get people togehter at a car park and
start a small gathering. Once it has a regular
amount of people and there is enough eager people
then you can start a club. Publicise the club here on rc
tech and get people to come. start a big event,
ie "grand opening race" or something like that,
do a BBQ, have some music going and make a
fun event out of your first big club day.

90% of clubs start like this. It takes a lot of
effort to start a club. if you expect the councils
in your area to help you forget it. you and like
minded people need to put the hard work in
otherwise you will never have a track.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote