R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-29-2002, 09:31 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson
Default best body for nitro touring(not lola)?

whats the best nitro touring body? i know there are bodies out there that that not are legal, which is okay for my track, and i think i could get away with running a lola, but i dont want to run one since they are less forgiving if you hit a board, also i dont like the way they look.

anyway... i was looking at the new proline opel DTM car, which seemed to be pretty good, looks to have low drag, alot of front downforce, and a semi adjustable rear wing. although has anyone run one or could comment on them? i was also looking at the saleen s7, but since its a HPI body its not really meant for racing. and i dont want a stratus, i have to run one when i run carpet and i am sick of it.
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 09:35 AM   #2
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: best body for nitro touring(not lola)?

Quote:
Originally posted by stormperson
whats the best nitro touring body? i know there are bodies out there that that not are legal, which is okay for my track, and i think i could get away with running a lola, but i dont want to run one since they are less forgiving if you hit a board, also i dont like the way they look.

anyway... i was looking at the new proline opel DTM car, which seemed to be pretty good, looks to have low drag, alot of front downforce, and a semi adjustable rear wing. although has anyone run one or could comment on them? i was also looking at the saleen s7, but since its a HPI body its not really meant for racing. and i dont want a stratus, i have to run one when i run carpet and i am sick of it.
If you dont want Stratus then try HPI MB CLK GTR, I have been using the GTR body for a long time and it is very good, front and rear traction is great! steering respond is very sharp too!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 11:38 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Default bodies

Protoform's Alfa Romeo 156 looks promising, I went to pick one up but my LHS didn't have it
So I settled on a Toyota Supra body instead until they get it in
ReflexNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 01:09 PM   #4
Tech Master

Protoform, andys,trinity Stratus or Protoform,HPI, alfa 156.

Stratus is the most neutral, the new trinity stratus is suppose to have slightly more high speed steering.

The 156 is low drag and has lots of steering.

I sure wish the 300M was a roar legal body as I would be running one of those. However if your parking lot racing try one of those.
sleek low and neutral handling.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:44 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to DvSRaceR

you should steer more towards real racing bodies.. not what you like. think real life..but im not sure what your track says is legal.. if ROAR is not a issue just get what you like!! but i would sway more toward--bmw--opel--hondas-- they have the best body designs and wings for racing just like real life.
DvSRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 09:49 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default Protoform Vectra

try it, you'll love it.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 06:25 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Ahh, so the 156 is like an Accord? My Rs4 needs a little more hi-spd steering, I was running a newer Eclipse, and was thinking of going to the Accord, But I "like" the 156 better.
When the S7 comes in I kinda like that too. Havent run the 67 Vette (just for show) or the 68 Camaro , at least the Camaro has a rear "spoiler") , darn. I have painted too many "Pretty" bodies. Hmmm, time to stop buying bodies and save up for some of Dennis's fine work. Yeah, Ok.
Foger Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 09:22 AM   #8
Tech Initiate

Default you know what would be cool?

an Infiniti Q45 body, the latest body-style
that would be interesting to see on a track...
ReflexNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 04:55 PM   #9
Tech Regular

protoform stratus is good but the trinity stratus bodies are better
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 05:34 AM   #10
Tech Initiate

i was told the protoform accord is good!!

is the hpi silvia/200sx and good in peformance?
tamiya451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 06:17 AM   #11
Tech Regular

HPI bodies are not intended for the racer they are ment for showing they tent to be week in high stress areas. if you have a hpi stratus body just watch how much the rear folds at speed from the stress placed on it from the rear wings wind restance and downforce causing unpedictable handling at high speed and that can be very bad at the end of the straight. WACK OUCH! as the driver says justing the boards making sure that they are tight lol
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 06:01 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have one of the new Protoform Opel Astra bodies on my car now and I love it. When I first painted and mounted it, the wing hardware made the wing stick way up in the air, almost higher than the roof of the car. I was in a hurry so I went ahead and tried it that way. Got tons of down force in the rear. My car was a lot easier to drive. The only drawback is that if you roll the car over (nobody does that, right?) it is easier to damage the wing. But other than that it fits well, and loks good.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:33 AM   #13
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to stormperson

how has the body held up so far? since that was near the top of my list. does it handle better then the stratus?
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 09:25 PM   #14
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

I love BMW M3, and I think it looks good on my MTX-2. Just fool myself as though I were driving a BMW M3 at Crystal Park. Cool! In my humble opinion, any body would do. It's all up to you. It's the hobbies, so pick the one you like--not because people have them. That's my philosophy, though.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 01:02 AM   #15
Tech Rookie

I also have the Opel Astra DTM body. It has huge down force with the high wing on it. I cut it down half the size and there is not much difference. If you want to see my body you can check it out at www.kthobbies.com. Scroll down on the left and click "picture contest". Mine is the red, purple, and chrome colored opel. In this pic the wing is at its highest.
Flame Retardent is offline   Reply With Quote