Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Mugen MRX4-X Brushless 1/8 On Road Conversion ??? >

Mugen MRX4-X Brushless 1/8 On Road Conversion ???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX4-X Brushless 1/8 On Road Conversion ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Mugen MRX4-X Brushless 1/8 On Road Conversion ???

Mugen MRX4-X Brushless 1/8 On Road Conversion ? when and where did this start and most of all WHY ??? This ebay ad says that the electric motor has way more power and faster then a nitro WOW is this true ? I think most 1/8 scale racing would agree with me on this is most of the fun is the smell and sound of a nitro in the morning.

Ebay ad >>> http://cgi.ebay.com/Mugen-MRX4-X-Bru...item43a1884074
Old 09-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigC2007
Mugen MRX4-X Brushless 1/8 On Road Conversion ? when and where did this start and most of all WHY ??? This ebay ad says that the electric motor has way more power and faster then a nitro WOW is this true ? I think most 1/8 scale racing would agree with me on this is most of the fun is the smell and sound of a nitro in the morning.

Just his opinion & who knows there has been other brands doing the same but it has not taken off strongly
Old 09-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Just his opinion & who knows there has been other brands doing the same but it has not taken off strongly
I see but man that is what 1/8 scale racing is all about if the sound,speed and smell. LOL
Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

I see but man that is what 1/8 scale racing is all about if the sound,speed and smell. LOL
+1 I saw a kyosho that was converted & it was really fast but not having the sound of RPM's riping thru the pipe is priceless for some but not for others
Give me decibels & fumes
Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GMartinez
+1 I saw a kyosho that was converted & it was really fast but not having the sound of RPM's riping thru the pipe is priceless for some but not for others
Give me decibels & fumes
decibels & fumes sounds good to me.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Actually, a Serpent 950/960 was one of the first ones that someone converted to electric and it was suppose to be stupid fast. Others independently have made attempts as converting a Mugen MRX4 to electric but with no feedback. Motonica actually have three 1/8th scale electric cars in their product line.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
Actually, a Serpent 950/960 was one of the first ones that someone converted to electric and it was suppose to be stupid fast. Others independently have made attempts as converting a Mugen MRX4 to electric but with no feedback. Motonica actually have three 1/8th scale electric cars in their product line.
Wow motonica has 3.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default MRX4X

Wow motonica has 3.
Clinton, How the hell is ya?
There was a guy who came out to the track about a year ago with an Evolva converted to electric that was stupid fast. Actually amazingly fast.
But the problem was it was so light on the front end, that 1/2 down the back straight the front end would start to float so bad he had almost no steering at all so he had to keep backing off of the throttle.
The car had a real bad push in the corners becuase there was no weight on the front. If he could have fiqured some way to control the front end it might have been a great car. There is an Evolva conversion for sale on Flea-Bay right now that looks like that may be the same one<not sure though>.
Of course he had short run times due to the batteries, maybe 5 to 6 min. so the car would not work for anything other than short mains like the electric sedans, or something just to play with.
When he put the car down on the track, everyone else pulled off so he could try and dial it in some
But it was kinda funny to watch an 1/8th scale on-road car running with no noise, or exhaust coming from the car
Old 09-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brc358
Clinton, How the hell is ya?
There was a guy who came out to the track about a year ago with an Evolva converted to electric that was stupid fast. Actually amazingly fast.
But the problem was it was so light on the front end, that 1/2 down the back straight the front end would start to float so bad he had almost no steering at all so he had to keep backing off of the throttle.
The car had a real bad push in the corners becuase there was no weight on the front. If he could have fiqured some way to control the front end it might have been a great car. There is an Evolva conversion for sale on Flea-Bay right now that looks like that may be the same one<not sure though>.
Of course he had short run times due to the batteries, maybe 5 to 6 min. so the car would not work for anything other than short mains like the electric sedans, or something just to play with.
When he put the car down on the track, everyone else pulled off so he could try and dial it in some
But it was kinda funny to watch an 1/8th scale on-road car running with no noise, or exhaust coming from the car
Hey there is he is, how are you Bro and I bet that thing was crazy fast. I seen electrics that where insane to watch. And did you get my PM ?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Sounds yes....but speed no. Brushless competes with nitro across the board. Don't mean to start a war here...LOL...
Old 09-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vstrok
Sounds yes....but speed no. Brushless competes with nitro across the board. Don't mean to start a war here...LOL...
Awww my brotha, you sure about that ?
Old 09-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JLock
the 1st 1 I've seen in the U.S. was 2 years ago @ the Toledo track I believe kimbrow drove it & it was a Kyosho the serpent might of been overseas
Old 09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default MRX4X

Hey there is he is, how are you Bro and I bet that thing was crazy fast. I seen electrics that where insane to watch. And did you get my PM ?
Got your PM and repsonding back to you. Did you get the PM back.

As far as electric compared to nitro, I am a nitro guy all the way.
But there would be no contest between the electric conversions and the nitro 1/8th scale. His problem was the car was so light he could not handle it.
The power was instant. Extremly fast. I run Colaris, Novarossi, Picos, and his car would have left mine in the dust if he could have been able to control the car.
I had at that time 4 or 5 1/8th scale cars and really condsidered converting one of mine to electric, but when I watched his car and how unstable it was, I just thought it was not worth the time and money to have a car that was that difficult to drive.
If someone could come up a design that would work, I would do it just for the fun of it, but then again, you can only run 5 to 6 min tops so long mains would be out of the question.
Even the Ofna DM1 with the electric conversions are insanely fast.
Power wise, I dont see that there is even a contest between a high end 21 on-road engine, and an 1/8th scale converted to electric.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brc358
Got your PM and repsonding back to you. Did you get the PM back.

As far as electric compared to nitro, I am a nitro guy all the way.
But there would be no contest between the electric conversions and the nitro 1/8th scale. His problem was the car was so light he could not handle it.
The power was instant. Extremly fast. I run Colaris, Novarossi, Picos, and his car would have left mine in the dust if he could have been able to control the car.
I had at that time 4 or 5 1/8th scale cars and really condsidered converting one of mine to electric, but when I watched his car and how unstable it was, I just thought it was not worth the time and money to have a car that was that difficult to drive.
If someone could come up a design that would work, I would do it just for the fun of it, but then again, you can only run 5 to 6 min tops so long mains would be out of the question.
Even the Ofna DM1 with the electric conversions are insanely fast.
Power wise, I dont see that there is even a contest between a high end 21 on-road engine, and an 1/8th scale converted to electric.
No PM from you as of yet and wow Bill that is saying something and its not all about speed but how your car handles is what wins races. I would like to see a electric go up agaist a "2010" FLASH .21 SPECIAL 9 port with 2.9HP and 46,300 Max RPM's or a JP GIMAR Racing Mig21 R09.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default MRX4X

No PM from you as of yet and wow Bill that is saying something and its not all about speed but how your car handles is what wins races. I would like to see a electric go up agaist a "2010" FLASH .21 SPECIAL 9 port with 2.9HP and 46,300 Max RPM's or a JP GIMAR Racing Mig21 R09.
Clinton, sent you another PM.
As much as I hate to think of it, I am afraid it is only a matter of time before we see the 1/8th electric on-road cars being a big part of the on-road scene.
With the costs of fuel going up, noise restrictions every where we look, tracks closing down due to operating costs, if the on-road is to sustain itself, it will most likely have to conform to what is acceptable. Electric would be able to run indoor tracks, less complaints from noise, costs. These are only a few of the factors. I would hate to think we would loose nitro on-road altogether, but I really think its only a matter of time.
To me the sound of the engines, smell of the nitro fumes, working on clutches, pit stops, this is all a part of racing. These would be no longer part of racing if electric did start to take over 1/8th scale on-road

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.