R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #61
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post

Either they change to a controlled tire or allow tire additive, with the current rules I won't attend an EC anymore, complete waste of a lot of money for a private driver.
I agree except how would a control tire fix anything? Either you get all your tires ahead of time so you could still sauce them, or they are impounded and you have all the same problems.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I agree except how would a control tire fix anything? Either you get all your tires ahead of time so you could still sauce them, or they are impounded and you have all the same problems.
The controlled tire wouldn't be my first choice since it also gives a lot of problems. If it's a Matrix based tire all the drivers using a Enneti based tire would have a hugh disadvantage and vice versa.

With the current tire impound and checking for additives there is still a possibility that someone is using a kind of additive which can't be detected.
There are a lot more smart guys trying to cheat than there are smart guys who are trying to catch the cheaters.

If you have a controlled tire which is already pre-trued and only handed out in the pits there is a very small chance someone is using additive. If this is organized well and there is no idiotic marshall who decides you can't have your tires I think it's an ok solution.

But personally I would like the efra to allow the additive since I think it will give the least amount of issues.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
I couldn't distinguish between stratus 3.0 and 3.1 many years ago.
Ironically, the new P37 is another revamp of the Stratus, though I actually kind of like that, it's still a nice looking body...
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
The controlled tire wouldn't be my first choice since it also gives a lot of problems. If it's a Matrix based tire all the drivers using a Enneti based tire would have a hugh disadvantage and vice versa.

With the current tire impound and checking for additives there is still a possibility that someone is using a kind of additive which can't be detected.
There are a lot more smart guys trying to cheat than there are smart guys who are trying to catch the cheaters.

If you have a controlled tire which is already pre-trued and only handed out in the pits there is a very small chance someone is using additive. If this is organized well and there is no idiotic marshall who decides you can't have your tires I think it's an ok solution.

But personally I would like the efra to allow the additive since I think it will give the least amount of issues.
You've got a point. If the ERFA is going to attack this they need to put a stiff penalty on anyone caught using tire additives. Just like steroids. MLB (Major league baseball) hands out a 50 game suspension on the first offense. It's better to deter the use rather than police it. But all of the major blocks have to be on the same page and enforce the rule with same penalty. And have balls to enforce it no matter what. No warnings.

Pass you soon...
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good luck trying to beat a spectrometer, it's not going to happen if it's set up right.

As for use of a control tyre, well any tyre they would use would be nominated ages in advance, hence people should have plenty of setup time with it, so I'm not sure where the disadvantage would be in that, overall I'm for any method that keeps the sauce purely for use on my hot chips...
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #66
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
But now the tires were handed out, and because I was too late for the warmup they decided I couldn't have my tires.
So they disallowed me to run my last qualification round where the conditions were very good, a lot of drivers improved their time.
Afterwards I received an apology from one of the efra officials that this never should've happened but they wouldn't let me run in a different heat so I could still have my fourth qualification.
Without the tire impound this would have never happened.
It also happened to a friend of mine at the 1/8th B european championship, they just idn't find his tires... I think any way it's a good way of processing. Clubs just need to get used to this organisation.
I'm sure that this already happened when we had radio impound.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #67
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:
I have already seen a trick
All impounded tires are in a nice bag, take the same bag with saused tires and switch after you picked up the tires
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #68
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

And why did you did not make a complain to that driver?

Such rules can only be waterproof if drivers do help.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #69
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
I have already seen a trick
All impounded tires are in a nice bag, take the same bag with saused tires and switch after you picked up the tires
You clearly wasn't at the track, at Ettlingen this wasn't possible.
They gave you the tires and watched the mechanic putting those tires on the car. After that they checked the pit bag for any tires.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #70
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
And have balls to enforce it no matter what. No warnings.
So I only have to do my best to get some sauce on my rivals there tyres and get them banned for some years!...

I already tries to mess up Pietsch his transmitter, but that didn't work....
Old 08-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #71
Tech Elite

They should only make up rules that can be enforced!
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #72
Tech Regular

What do you guys think off Dario with his KM racing H-K1, it`s proven to be a real "Pure Free Fighting Machine"..!!
If he didn`t had the small receiver problems he was for sure driving for third place.
rbakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #73
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbakker View Post
What do you guys think off Dario with his KM racing H-K1, it`s proven to be a real "Pure Free Fighting Machine"..!!
If he didn`t had the small receiver problems he was for sure driving for third place.
Yeah it was a good run but he has won with a TM before. I'd like to see what he could do with a Capricorn TC.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #74
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Yeah it was a good run but he has won with a TM before. I'd like to see what he could do with a Capricorn TC.
Or a Shepherd V10
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:25 AM   #75
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i can't see efra allowing a one tyre policy for big events. There is massive competition between the tyre brands, and allowing only one brand would mean a drop in sales for the other brands a few months prior to an event, so a manufacturer who is not the event sanction provider would not like this.

Also as M7H said, the current system is open to people sabotaging others, ie passing a brush or a finger with additive or someones tyres, or dropping additive on a bench, or floor or god knows what to contaminate a racers tyres. We know people cheat because someone sabotaged Robert P's radio...so yeah, we have idiots out there prepared to do bad things.

it's probably cheaper for a privateer (as DSmotorsports said) to allow compound. I mean, what's the big deal? you put it on and race. it's $20 worth, as opposed to the headache of having to pre cut tyres hours in advance and spend extra cutting more tyres than needed so they can get tested (cutting 6 tyres instead of 4 sounds like a pain in the arse to me).

if compound was allowed then a racer can prep tyres in advance days or weeks prior if they so wish, or at the least bake the compound in at the track with tyre warmers.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote