R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2004, 03:32 PM   #1
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default BRCA 2005 1/10th classes

Hi

Just got the word for 1/10th rules for UK next year.

the 235 class will remain the same
the 200mm rubber will remain the same
the foam class is now FULL efra rules so 16% fuel 3 port engines and saloon shells.

So that means no 5 ports and no Lola shells! Of the 300 drivers who competed last year only 50 turned up so it was the ones who bothered to turn up go the vote.

I wasnt one of them so I cant complain but i thought the BRCA represented ALL drivers and not the ones who turn up to meetings therfore voting in new rules that affects all drivers at meetings is undemocratic.

ALL drivers should be given the oppotunity to vote on things that affect them. There are a number of ways this could have been organised given a bit of thought. "Well you should have got off your arse and came to the meeting then!" I'm sure somebody will tell me. What about making the proposals public well before the meeting and be given a method of voting if we cant make the meeting.

Any comments?

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:16 PM   #2
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10
Default

Should help with the euros being held in UK in 2005.

We run EFRA rules at Irish Championship level, and i've made the A final with a 3-port at BRCA Foam Aldershot.

I know the cost of the change over with be hard to get used to but at the end of day 95% of people running at BRCA level will have a new engine for 2005 anyway.

Just my thoughts

Mark Gilliland
Xraykool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:29 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Is there an Oulaw class in Europe or Ireland? At least give the choice to the drivers!

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:21 PM   #4
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Ooophs, Onkel Sow will be hopping mad ! I don't think he has any 3 port engines.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:33 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ooophs, Onkel Sow will be hopping mad ! I don't think he has any 3 port engines.
You really think that old fox Sow would be out foxed? You need to check that ring of yours again, D
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:10 AM   #6
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
You really think that old fox Sow would be out foxed? You need to check that ring of yours again, D
Oopphs, I take it back ! I should know that old fox better. My RING is on loan.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:21 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ooophs, Onkel Sow will be hopping mad ! I don't think he has any 3 port engines.
Not really D. I've bought 2 new 3-port engines anyway in prep for going to a certain race across the pond. This was also done as a gamble because there is always the potential that work commitments will clash with that race. So now that the BRCA is going the EFRA way I could use the 3-port for that too.

I might be speculating but there might be other races organised around 5-ports. Seeing that this hobby has to fit around work, I'll race anything and anywhere I can.

By the way D, and others who race 5-ports, I'm sure you can now buy 5-ports cheap from UK based shops who now find that their market has been shut down overnight by this ruling.

Oh! Nearly forgot, I have a brand new 5-port Nova Max and a brand new OS 5-port too. Anyone wants to buy them?
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:24 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Xraykool
Should help with the euros being held in UK in 2005.

We run EFRA rules at Irish Championship level, and i've made the A final with a 3-port at BRCA Foam Aldershot.

I know the cost of the change over with be hard to get used to but at the end of day 95% of people running at BRCA level will have a new engine for 2005 anyway.

Just my thoughts

Mark Gilliland
Doesn't help at all. Apparently only 25 slots are available and there's already a queue of 100!

I assume that the 25 is already filled with sponsored drivers. The rule is that you must have done 6 nationals so sponsored drivers have not only done that but they're also probably the top 25 in terms of ranking.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:25 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
You really think that old fox Sow would be out foxed? You need to check that ring of yours again, D
Yeah, you tell him Mark!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:25 AM   #10
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Oopphs, I take it back ! I should know that old fox better. My RING is on loan.
Did you loan it to Brett down over at New Zealand? He was looking for it the other day.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:34 AM   #11
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10
Default

Sow&Steady,

Better get yourself an irish passport!!!
Xraykool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:36 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Xraykool
Sow&Steady,

Better get yourself an irish passport!!!
Not a bad idea ... got any slots left? where do I apply for an Irish passport?
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:37 AM   #13
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10
Default

Like the Irish Football team, if uve every drank a pint of guinness your in!!
Xraykool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #14
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Xraykool
Like the Irish Football team, if uve every drank a pint of guinness your in!!


OK, I've downed a few guiness in my lifetime but I'm willing to prove it if I can join the Irish Euro team!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:25 AM   #15
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default Re: BRCA 2005 1/10th classes

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Hi

Just got the word for 1/10th rules for UK next year.

the 235 class will remain the same
the 200mm rubber will remain the same
the foam class is now FULL efra rules so 16% fuel 3 port engines and saloon shells.

So that means no 5 ports and no Lola shells! Of the 300 drivers who competed last year only 50 turned up so it was the ones who bothered to turn up go the vote.

I wasnt one of them so I cant complain but i thought the BRCA represented ALL drivers and not the ones who turn up to meetings therfore voting in new rules that affects all drivers at meetings is undemocratic.

ALL drivers should be given the oppotunity to vote on things that affect them. There are a number of ways this could have been organised given a bit of thought. "Well you should have got off your arse and came to the meeting then!" I'm sure somebody will tell me. What about making the proposals public well before the meeting and be given a method of voting if we cant make the meeting.

Any comments?

Cheers
Just thought I'd check on this 300 figure, and this is how it breaks down:

IC Scale Rubber 200mm:
134 drivers entered of which 59 done half or more of the rounds.

IC Scale Foam 200mm:
120 drivers entered of which 57 done half or more of the rounds.

IC-10 235mm:
48 entered of which 28 done half or more of the rounds.

So in reality, 120 drivers are affected by the changes, not 300.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10th Nitro classes that are raced Jspec Designs Nitro On-Road 3 01-24-2008 11:18 PM
anyone else baffeld by finding the rules to the differnt classes for brca!!! kwik-kid Rookie Zone 4 11-12-2007 01:25 AM
were's the 1/10th 4wd nitro classes b-man777 Electric Off-Road 8 07-31-2006 10:50 AM
(PLUS) Elite 1/10 Gas RC Challenge 2005 (Dengkil) 10th Apr. 2005 hobbizone Malaysian R/C Racers 451 04-14-2005 10:19 PM
Pro 3 wins 1/10th BRCA National Rd 1 @ Stafford (UK) prodriver Electric On-Road 1 04-28-2003 03:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:38 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net