R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

@ Dorian, At this point we have the Matrix tires and there sealed foil bag. I don't know if you have cracked open a bag of them yet but they almost feel moist to the touch. So if they doubled the thickness of the bag could they ship them internationally and not have to worry about the goop leaking out?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm not happy about it. Guys need to get that extra .4 with their driving. Im not a fan of super soft tires or any additives.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just let people do it and be done with all the speculations and finger pointing.
It will be the same fast guys on the top of the list anyway....
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
Just let people do it and be done with all the speculations and finger pointing.
this is true. it will just cost us more time and money and thing will still be the same .
FORT MYERS R/C CAR CLUB MEMBER 1983-2017--FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1988-2017
jrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
+1
Old 08-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
@ Dorian, At this point we have the Matrix tires and there sealed foil bag. I don't know if you have cracked open a bag of them yet but they almost feel moist to the touch. So if they doubled the thickness of the bag could they ship them internationally and not have to worry about the goop leaking out?
Haven't used Matrix tires since last season so I cannot comment on how they feel. I'm not just saying that because I'm a GQ guy but honestly haven't run them in a while.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
I'm not happy about it. Guys need to get that extra .4 with their driving. Im not a fan of super soft tires or any additives.
I didn't like super soft tires either, but at least everyone can get them and you know what you're up against. They also have an advantage/disadvantage which forces you into another strategy for pit stops in long mains.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
this is true. it will just cost us more time and money and thing will still be the same .

I'd rather sauce my tires than what is needed for all the controled events.
I know I personally true a couple sets prior to flying or going into events. This wouldn't be allowed on events that do tire impound.... These impounds add more work during the races not only for the organizers but also for the racers.... After all that work there will still be finger pointing.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

As our hobby evolves there is always going to be a way of enhancing performance. I am all for it...
Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #25
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Explain why people need that 0.4 sec faster laptime against the people who do not sauce, must they stay ahead of those who do not sauce?
Let me remind you that saucing tires is forbidden in most Europian countries and EFRA races and there is a 5 year ban on it. Why do toplevel drivers risk such a ban to get those 0.4sec faster laptimes? Even Patrick Schafer from Shepherd has forbidden his drivers to use tire sauce with also a high punishing on it.

OK in the US saucing is your right and I think with some parking lot tracks it can be helpfull, in Europe we call that cheating because it is not alowed and so the main question you can ask is if Collari is a winner or a cheater with the last EC. (as all drivers reaching the higher finals)

Will the fast guys be on top without it? If so, why saucing risking a ban and loosing your sponsors ?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #26
Tech Elite

there's no penalty to use it, so we have this debate. some people will still risk it even if it was banned. not to mention, there's no good way to detect it at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Explain why people need that 0.4 sec faster laptime against the people who do not sauce, must they stay ahead of those who do not sauce?
Let me remind you that saucing tires is forbidden in most Europian countries and EFRA races and there is a 5 year ban on it. Why do toplevel drivers risk such a ban to get those 0.4sec faster laptimes? Even Patrick Schafer from Shepherd has forbidden his drivers to use tire sauce with also a high punishing on it.

OK in the US saucing is your right and I think with some parking lot tracks it can be helpfull, in Europe we call that cheating because it is not alowed and so the main question you can ask is if Collari is a winner or a cheater with the last EC. (as all drivers reaching the higher finals)

Will the fast guys be on top without it? If so, why saucing risking a ban and loosing your sponsors ?
Old 08-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
there's no penalty to use it, so we have this debate. some people will still risk it even if it was banned. not to mention, there's no good way to detect it at the track.
Fine with me but his statement was that drivers need that 0.4 second, Why?

To give you another example of what can happen., try electric TC racing. Have you seen the viarity of sauses some drivers can have? Not to mention they can mix them or create different layers on the tire to get the best results and even then it can be they do not have the right sause and get the other brand.
Is this the way to race? (beside if it can or can not be detected)

By the way, the electronic sniffer is set to the chemicals the EFRA would expect, if the non-detected chemicals are known it is just reprogramming the sniffer....
Old 08-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #28
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Fine with me but his statement was that drivers need that 0.4 second, Why?
To win. Why else would we do anything? If I'm .2 off the pace and sauce could give me .4, saucing will win the race for me. And if this is a big race, will mean money in my pocket.

Seriously, you don't know why anyone would want to go faster?
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #29
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
By the way, the electronic sniffer is set to the chemicals the EFRA would expect, if the non-detected chemicals are known it is just reprogramming the sniffer....
Sorry, but it's not that simple. Rubber is full of all sorts of chemicals. As those chemicals evaporate, the coefficient of friction drops. Soaking the tire in those same solvents can bring some of that grip back. A sniffer set to detect those chemicals will go off from an un-soaked fresh tire.

Foam adds another problem. Most anything applied to it effects the pores of the foam and improves grip. So can you set the sniffer to smell water? How about soap?

Or better yet, can you set it for castor oil? It works great as a sauce and the car and track are covered in it. If the sniffer can detect it, will my tires be legal before I run them but illegal after a few laps on the track?
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Why make an issue of it I don't see any top drivers on here debating could any regular driver keep up even if the top drivers didn't saute. Their tires i think not if its a club race and they run sedan & on saute'd tires chances are their motor isn't legal either just put em. On the grill onions please
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote