R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-27-2004, 08:54 AM   #16
Tech Master

Default Re: AAAAH LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by TurboLancer
Does anyone want to buy two cars lol...Just playing. Ok what I mean in turn over is that is turns over for a second then shuts off. I love Nitro, and so on I must gooo!!! HHAHA
when you turn over your car upside down... in NORMAL situation... your engine can go on for half a minute without dying. because there are still fuel in the fuel line and this fuel will keep feeding the carb and the glow plug with fuel.

in your case... i assume that your fuel line have problem... check your tank.... check your fuel line, your tank for air leakage or fuel leakage.... remember if you turn over your car... your engine still can run for about 30secs or more.....

mop

Last edited by mop_iko; 10-27-2004 at 09:11 PM.
mop_iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:46 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Default Oh cool

Oh cool Thats cool to know....I think i worded my post incorrectly.I just mean starting it up. It turns over for a second then shuts off. Thatsmy bad...I should have worded it better.

Thanks
TurboLancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:31 PM   #18
Tech Master

Default found this OLD THREAD

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...highlight=test

just to share with you ... hopefully you can get the engine started... use this PINCH TEST to gauge your good LEAN-RICH MIXTURE.......

mop
Old 10-27-2004, 10:35 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

TurboLance, can you describe how you run in the engine? Did yo have an air filter on all the time?

Looks like you may have damaged your engine, what does the coil of the blown plugs look like?

Is the whole coil still intact or is it all melted away?

If it is the latter, I'm afraid your engine is gone.
SDK Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:51 PM   #20
Tech Adept

First thing is first. Charge your starter battery.

2nd replace the glow plug and put a new one in.
3rd prime the engine but only to where the fuel is just at the carb intake. dont pump fuel into the engine it will flood it.
4th turn it over with it on a block with the wheels of the ground. If it turns over and starts leave the glow plug ignitor on it for a second rev the car up a little with the car off the ground and then take the ignitor off. If the car loads up and stalls you can have 1 or 2 problems. 1st problem is that your carb barrel/idle is not open enough. clean the carb filter area with some compressed air, take off the air filter and look inside the carb. with the throtle closed you should have about 1-2mm of a gap. if it is less use the idler screw to open it up a bit more. 2nd problem is that your low end needle is too rich. lean it 5 minutes clockwise and repeat.

also read all these article that people have linked as they will explain things more clearly than i can. also once it is running and you have set the carb as per the instructions/articles you have to remember that you will need to refintune the carb everytime you go out.

I am a little confused though because you say you have a cen and hpi rs43? Are you having problems with both cars? what car is having problems?

goodluck
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:23 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Default break in

I started it up and let it idle for three tanks and then did three tanks of just very low speeds around in a circle. I havent ran it with out a filter, and the plug doesnt really look like its blown....it just doesnt glow bright enough or at all. I have off tomorrow so I will be on here very early reading all these links so i can try again later that day. My Cen Cts-4 isnt having problems. That lil Devil flies. But he too eats up plugs, but also is running good temp.

Thanks again,
Old 10-28-2004, 07:30 AM   #22
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You still shouldn't be eating up plugs....
Old 10-28-2004, 08:03 AM   #23
Tech Master

Default Re: break in

Quote:
I started it up and let it idle for three tanks and then did three tanks of just very low speeds around in a circle. I havent ran it with out a filter, and the plug doesnt really look like its blown....it just doesnt glow bright enough or at all. I have off tomorrow so I will be on here very early reading all these links so i can try again later that day. My Cen Cts-4 isnt having problems. That lil Devil flies. But he too eats up plugs, but also is running good temp.

Thanks again,
you did a good job on the BREAK IN PROCESS....
after the break in did you LEAN the fuel mixture a little bit every 5 min interval? this LEANING PROCESS will make your engine more responsive and giving you more punch each time you LEAN it 5 minutes turn.

BUT... if your plug seems doenst glow or glow really low.... 2 things are possible problems..... 1st it is YOUR GLOW IGNITOR... please FULLY CHARGE it... or change a new glow ignitor with a fully charged battery. it happened to me. i couldnt start my engine for weeks... just because a faulty GLOW IGNITOR.... trust me. change the glow ignitor (or maybe the charger of the glow ignitor)...
second is maybe you are using faulty glow plug (which is VERY VERY impossible if you ALWAYS change your glow plug). it cant be ALL the glow plug you have used are faulty... i am really sure your GLOW IGNITOR if the culprit.

glow ignitor should give a BRIGHT GLOW to the plug.

mop
Old 10-28-2004, 02:41 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Default You guys rock

Thanks again you have been really helpful. I actually use a dinky ignitor so now While I wait for my top of the line Rechargable ignitor comes i can read up on all this mombo jumbo. I cant wait till I get it flying again.

Anymore helpful info please send to [email protected]
Old 10-28-2004, 06:52 PM   #25
Tech Master

Default Re: You guys rock

Quote:
Thanks again you have been really helpful. I actually use a dinky ignitor so now While I wait for my top of the line Rechargable ignitor comes i can read up on all this mombo jumbo. I cant wait till I get it flying again.

Anymore helpful info please send to [email protected]
phew....

pls let us know the updates when you get that baby running... dont leave us hanging loose... LOL...

mop
Old 10-28-2004, 07:01 PM   #26
Tech Adept

yeah if i do....I am searching for an ignitor now...any tips on good rechargables? I hope its the ignitor cause lol it just aint starting up. I have new plugs, new fuel lines....all screws are tight, from what I can tell no air leaks, and I have set it back to factory setting. I wont leave you hanging, Ill be on tomorrow after I take it to the fair grounds. I am taking my CEN out there to release ALOT of built up stress from this car and my job... I plan on spitting gravel 70 MPH accross the lot.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:47 PM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
I plan on spitting gravel 70 MPH accross the lot.
THATS THE SPIRIT!!!!

hehehe....

GO GET THEM!!!!! BURN SOME FOAM!!!! or u use rubber tyre?)

mop
Old 10-29-2004, 05:22 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Default Tell me something

Im in the process of fixing air leaks, tell me what and where the pinch bolt is, And it says high and low speed needles, I didnt know I had two lol Do they mean the idle screw and the throttle screw? Also Front bearing? Is that around the gear for the trans? Any Ideas where I can get RTV?

Dante`
Old 10-29-2004, 10:33 AM   #29
Tech Master

Default Re: Tell me something

Quote:
Im in the process of fixing air leaks, tell me what and where the pinch bolt is, And it says high and low speed needles, I didnt know I had two lol Do they mean the idle screw and the throttle screw? Also Front bearing? Is that around the gear for the trans? Any Ideas where I can get RTV?

Dante`
FIX YOUR AIR LEAK .... again for reading

HIGH SPEED NEEDLE -
WHY is it called HIGH END NEEDLE? because the needle controls the amount of fuel coming into the carb during HIGH SPEED.

LOW SPEED NEEDLE -
location: i have seen 2 location from my reading... after examining both location... actually it is the same function... the first LOW SPEEN needle is at the FRONT of the 'accordian' that controls the carburator slide. and second location of the LOW SPEED needle is (usually RTR engine DONT HAVE THIS) at opposite of the 'accordian' carb slider.....
WHY is it called LOW SPEED NEEDLE? because the needle controls amount of fuel entering the carb during engine IDLING...(or during very LOW SPEED)....

so... if you hear your engine taking so much time to give that PUNCH you need after you apply the throttle from stop position, it means that your LOW SPEED needle giving TOO MUCH fuel thus the TOO MUCH fuel takes sometimes to burn and giving slower engine response.... you need to experiment this TUNING effect SLOWLY... do the tuning of the needle slowly (remember the 5 minutes turn method)... you will feel the different with each turn.

ABOUT the PINCH BOLT... i dunno.. maybe you use diferent term from me. need somebody to help on that one!

ABOUT FRONT BEARING... emmmm.... ask somebody... coz i dont understand what is that thing.

ABOUT RTV? shucks... i dunno dude... what is RTV anyway?

HELP!

mop
Old 10-29-2004, 06:51 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Rtv is a sealant. It comes in a bunch of different types for different applications. the one you want is the copper color high temp rtv. the front bearing is the bearing on the very front of your engine. It may leak a little bit which is normal but if it really leaks alot you may need to change it. (I really doubt your front bearing is a problem though)

please tell us what engine you are using as they are all different and if we know it will be much easier to help.

rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote