R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-25-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Arrow Fw-05t

What's the difference between the FW-05T compared to the R and S? It's all getting a little complicated now.
MrDurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:38 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Looks like it will be in a Ready-Set, it also looks like it will be the choice of car for the KWC. I'm not running KWC if the cheap Perfex-radio must be run
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:22 PM   #3
Tech Master

The FW05S is the Kyosho Cup car, although the FW05T could probably be used if they allow the GX15 motor.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:06 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

In the Swedish KWC you MUST use FW05T Readyset. Pretty sneaky. But it was the same when it should be Dubai but it were in Beijing, the Swedish rules just let you use 2-speed and Kyosho V Tires that year. When we went to China (No option regulations, it was a must that parts were kyosho tho) we had to buy options for hundreds of $$ just to be competetive...
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:12 AM   #5
Tech Master

The British series has been scrapped due to lack of interest.
It simply got too expensive to run in the Kyosho Cup, yet the two National open 200mm classes are booming and is only a third of the cost.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:20 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Tie Rods

Hey Guys

Does anyone know of the model numbers etc to for all the tie rods of the FW05T to be made adjustable???? Also what are the plastic drive shafts like?

BB
Old 09-05-2005, 06:46 AM   #7
Tech Master

FW05T can be upgraded to the following:
FW05T+
FW05S
FW05S-JP
FW05R
FW05R (full option)
FW05RR
so it will depend on how far you want to upgrade.

I'm currently running FW05RR with FW05S/T chassis and a 3racing radio tray.
Plastic drive shafts do the job, but the upgrade options with free up the drive train for more performance.
I would recommend replacing the kit Cast Steel Diff Bevel Gear Rings with the option Machined Steel items, the option items greatly free up the drivetrain and hardly ever wear (unlike the kit ones)
Old 01-13-2007, 11:59 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Default Fw05t+

Hi Guys

I ran my FW05T+ for its first race meeting today and had a ball with it. Kyosho are on a winner with this car for those that want to go racing without spending a heap of $$$'s

However, at the 5 minute mark during the final i had the throttle servo die on me... It has been buzzing since i got the car, but thought nothing of it... Is this a common problem for this car and throttle servo's? Thought maybe it is heat related with it sitting so close the the engine etc????

Is the servo horn for a Futaba servo? They look like Futaba 3003's, but it has Kyosho all over it

Look forward to hearing from you soon
BB
Old 01-14-2007, 01:34 AM   #9
Tech Master

Kyosho is KO
And yes the throttle servo is a common fault
You need to lift the servo about 1mm, mount it extra on rubber mounts and not have it screwed down too tight.
I lost 3 servo's until I made this mod.
The fault is both heat and vibration related, and is the only major fault of the FW05 range.
I still think the FW05 is the best car for racing on rubber tyres.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:35 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
Kyosho is KO
And yes the throttle servo is a common fault
You need to lift the servo about 1mm, mount it extra on rubber mounts and not have it screwed down too tight.
I lost 3 servo's until I made this mod.
The fault is both heat and vibration related, and is the only major fault of the FW05 range.
I still think the FW05 is the best car for racing on rubber tyres.
NiMo:

Thanks... ill look into it

BB
Old 01-14-2007, 05:12 AM   #11
Tech Adept

bundy bear did you get your part numbers for the tie rods? here is a link to the kyosho manuals T plus has adjustable rods.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/instructionmanuals.asp

Plastic drives are great, raced over a year and no wear or breakages.
If you dont have alloy shocks on your T, I upgraded mine to the Vone rrr alloys and they are awesome and are like night and day compared to the stock.
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc
bundy bear did you get your part numbers for the tie rods? here is a link to the kyosho manuals T plus has adjustable rods.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/instructionmanuals.asp

Plastic drives are great, raced over a year and no wear or breakages.
If you dont have alloy shocks on your T, I upgraded mine to the Vone rrr alloys and they are awesome and are like night and day compared to the stock.
StevenC:

I got the 'Plus' version which came with the tie rods, alloy threaded shocks, and universals in the front. Goes really well, but with the front spool i am loosing out to some of the other guys in the tight stuff. Any ideas were i might locate the diff internals locally in Brissy?

Thanks,
BB
Old 01-15-2007, 04:14 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
StevenC:

I got the 'Plus' version which came with the tie rods, alloy threaded shocks, and universals in the front. Goes really well, but with the front spool i am loosing out to some of the other guys in the tight stuff. Any ideas were i might locate the diff internals locally in Brissy?

Thanks,
BB
Glad you got the plus version for the money it has some good optionals included over the standard T version.
Re Brisbane and Kyosho parts in Brisbane if you are desperate and dont buy O/S OZRC in Geebung might be able to get you the parts but I generally buy all my parts from RC Champ in Japan they are simply the best.

You in Brisbane or up in Bundy? If you are desperate I might have some used internals for my rear diff (gears only), I replaced my rear with a TCD (kyosho LSD) I have a new regular diff made up for my front for spare but I wont be parting with it, I am heading down for the summernats so might have to change my front if the locked diff gives me to much trouble around that track.
Let me know how you go, Re Rc Champ they are great for prices and fast shipping. They are a rctech sponsor and you need to email them what parts you are after here is a link

http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/Champ_Inte...onal_index.htm
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:10 AM   #14
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
StevenC:

Thanks,
BB
I've seen the diff gears at Mt. Gravatt Mr Toys, also Hobbyrama have them, they probably have the bevel shafts as well. The gears are the same as the V1R's, thats all you need as you can use the out drives that are already in the diff. But rc-champ will be heaps cheaper but you'll have to wait for them, and they dont seem to be replying to emails at the moment.

Kyosho V One RRR Evo
Novarossi Plus 12-3SCT
pramac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:03 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc
Glad you got the plus version for the money it has some good optionals included over the standard T version.
Re Brisbane and Kyosho parts in Brisbane if you are desperate and dont buy O/S OZRC in Geebung might be able to get you the parts but I generally buy all my parts from RC Champ in Japan they are simply the best.

You in Brisbane or up in Bundy? If you are desperate I might have some used internals for my rear diff (gears only), I replaced my rear with a TCD (kyosho LSD) I have a new regular diff made up for my front for spare but I wont be parting with it, I am heading down for the summernats so might have to change my front if the locked diff gives me to much trouble around that track.
Let me know how you go, Re Rc Champ they are great for prices and fast shipping. They are a rctech sponsor and you need to email them what parts you are after here is a link

http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/Champ_Inte...onal_index.htm
Stevenc:

I live in Brissy

I will look into the diff thing, more then likely the internals of my TM G4S diff will work as well...

BB