R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho DRX

Hi,

Wondering if you can help with a few problems im having with my Kyosho DRX car. Im new to nitro cars and have just bought this car from new on the web.

Im having trouble getting the vehicle to idle correctly and I've been altering the high and low speed needles etc... once i can get it idle, as soon as i give the vehicle some gas it wont move and ends up stalling after about 5-10 seconds. I've emptied the carb and there is no blocks in the lines etc...

any tips and info on how to get this car to run perfect would be appreciated!! (im still to break the engine too)

Thanks!!
rodgers87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers87 View Post
Hi,

Wondering if you can help with a few problems im having with my Kyosho DRX car. Im new to nitro cars and have just bought this car from new on the web.

Im having trouble getting the vehicle to idle correctly and I've been altering the high and low speed needles etc... once i can get it idle, as soon as i give the vehicle some gas it wont move and ends up stalling after about 5-10 seconds. I've emptied the carb and there is no blocks in the lines etc...

any tips and info on how to get this car to run perfect would be appreciated!! (im still to break the engine too)

Thanks!!
I would suggest you to set both needles to factory default (refer to DRX manual) and try again. If the engine stalls during acceleration. Your low speed needle is probably too rich. Try leaning it up a little (i.e. turning clockwise direction). 1/8 turn at a time until you get consistent acceleration.
jds5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds5150 View Post
I would suggest you to set both needles to factory default (refer to DRX manual) and try again. If the engine stalls during acceleration. Your low speed needle is probably too rich. Try leaning it up a little (i.e. turning clockwise direction). 1/8 turn at a time until you get consistent acceleration.
I've gone back to the start and ended up draining the fuel and setting it up accordingly to the book and now im unable to start the thing now. im off to a model shop now to get the staff to look at it and give me some tips

thanks
rodgers87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Did you finish breaking in the engine? I can't tell what your last comment within the parenthesis means.
R&TRacer is offline   Reply With Quote