R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Serpent Impact m2 help please (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/534572-serpent-impact-m2-help-please.html)

PsycoB4 07-21-2011 07:34 AM

Serpent Impact m2 help please

Engine would like to know what you recommend, and what you prefer for this little car. Will be bashn and some racing down the line. What do you think??

atsnaps 07-21-2011 10:19 PM

Big block 15 is hard to come by as they are not produced anymore. There are a couple on ebay a few months ago but I just checked and they are gone- Novarossi tx15 big block.
For fun, I have the mounts from serpent that allowed to install a small block(.12 to .15 mill). Some fellow racers and I tried different motors such as os 18tz and traxxas 3.3 for fun.
Glad you are still racing this class as this one was one of my favorites. Its dead here on the west coast.

A

PsycoB4 07-22-2011 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by atsnaps (Post 9423418)
Big block 15 is hard to come by as they are not produced anymore. There are a couple on ebay a few months ago but I just checked and they are gone- Novarossi tx15 big block.
For fun, I have the mounts from serpent that allowed to install a small block(.12 to .15 mill). Some fellow racers and I tried different motors such as os 18tz and traxxas 3.3 for fun.
Glad you are still racing this class as this one was one of my favorites. Its dead here on the west coast.

A

So what do you recommend I do or what not? I have a .12 sg shaft engine but didnt fit cuz of the Mounts. Let me know what my options are thank you very much

I love my serpent super fast and handles like a beast.

avs 07-22-2011 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by PsycoB4 (Post 9424008)
So what do you recommend I do or what not? I have a .12 sg shaft engine but didnt fit cuz of the Mounts. Let me know what my options are thank you very much

I love my serpent super fast and handles like a beast.

i am surprised you can get tires for it. as far as 15's you might check ebay for absolute hobbyz has a RB spec motor listed. he has a 5port novarossi too. (the spec motors were 3 port, and 'outlaw' class used 5+ ports turbo head)

http://cgi.ebay.com/RB-Concept-X15-E...item53e71249f5

i think i had this motor before the class died, it was very smooth and easy to tune.

PsycoB4 07-22-2011 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by avs (Post 9424220)
i am surprised you can get tires for it. as far as 15's you might check ebay for absolute hobbyz has a RB spec motor listed. he has a 5port novarossi too. (the spec motors were 3 port, and 'outlaw' class used 5+ ports turbo head)

http://cgi.ebay.com/RB-Concept-X15-E...item53e71249f5

i think i had this motor before the class died, it was very smooth and easy to tune.

Not really lookn to put a High Price engine on her, Just wanna bash her around for now.

Just tryn to figure out what I should look for :D

Geezatec 07-22-2011 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by atsnaps (Post 9423418)

A

Sure enough, .15 class has been dropped , And hard to find now-a-days. You can try .12 engine, but you have to find motor mount for it. They're larger with the Impact. Maybe a OS 18 TZ will fit, or go to your LHS. The TZ has the correct length of drive shaft. You probably invest on start box, cuz it doesnt have room for a pull start or roto. Bashing, drop a .21 with some some fabrication. Its a hobby!!!

Other thing like the other gentleman said, Tires!!! If you can find them. If your really into that model and have a Truer and remount doughnuts, you can double it up w/frt doughnuts.

PsycoB4 07-24-2011 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Geezatec (Post 9424648)
Sure enough, .15 class has been dropped , And hard to find now-a-days. You can try .12 engine, but you have to find motor mount for it. They're larger with the Impact. Maybe a OS 18 TZ will fit, or go to your LHS. The TZ has the correct length of drive shaft. You probably invest on start box, cuz it doesnt have room for a pull start or roto. Bashing, drop a .21 with some some fabrication. Its a hobby!!!

Other thing like the other gentleman said, Tires!!! If you can find them. If your really into that model and have a Truer and remount doughnuts, you can double it up w/frt doughnuts.

well no sir I donthave a truer, I have a pair of brand new tires for her right now in package still.... Just wanna have some fun

looking to see what SG shaft driven engines fit.

ado141 11-02-2011 06:39 PM

serpent impact m2

i have a semi complete serpent impact m2 4wd car minus the pipe and the clutch but still have the rb 15 7 port engine in very good condition

Grenade10 11-07-2011 03:35 PM

Just found this thread, and do not know if you still are looking for info, but you can go several ways with this car.

1st - the big block 15's are out there that you can get

2nd - There were mounts made that put the small block in the car, this could be a .12, .15 or the .18. the TZ .18 in this car will make it scream.

3rd - and probably the best for just playing, drop in an off road .21 as the case is the same as the big block .15. Easy engines to find, and cost is good. Just get the correct SG crank, which just about all engines have at this time.

Tires are harder to come by but if you need let me know, as I have quite a stock pile. Plus ton's of parts.