Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #1066
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Hellion
I'm going to say this one more time. If you feel you have a defective tank send it back!! The tank and cap was available a long time ago and is not required. Generally there is no tank issue. Let me say it again, generally there is no tank issue. Let me say this again if you feel you have a defective tank send it back!!

Your servo's croaking has nothing to do with us.
Comparing a vac formed body to the engineering in an RC car ain't apples to apples. Its like me calling you and bitching my cylinder head is rubbing on the roof of your body so your body must be defective because the roof line is not high enough. you have no control of what engine I put in my car.

If your disc rubs your engine case fix it, I know you can handle it. The disc has been exactly the same for 5 years!!!!! I have run every Novarossi and Serio with 18/50 pinion and spur combo and it does not rub. Now I have no idea what is in your car for an engine it could be any one of 40 new ones released by numerous manufacturers in the last 5 years. If they designed their case so it hits our disc I cannot control that!!! If its a nova or serio I can show you ten cars that don't rub so it is something else causing it to be jacked up. (Trim the fin so it clears) I know you're more intelligent than that though your last three posts are starting to put that into question.

Is the car perfect no!!! so let me pose this question. would you rather us hold back the update parts and market it as a new car for 400 dollars each year so then you could purchase another 400 dollar kit for spares like everyone else does or would you like us to make a competitive kit available thats optionable for 200/260. given that you could have 4 new kits for the price of our competitors 2 and know that next year you won't be sitting on an obsolete car worth 150 bucks and 400 dollars of spare stuff you could use to wipe your ass with.

The serpent 710 has disposable rear pod plastic and I have had many a serpent tank that leaked at the cap. Don't worry they'll sell you a new model next year.
The MTX3 as good as it is had leaky fuel caps in the beginning and the front axles fell out. don't worry a new model's comming

Remember the Veteq

Show me a perfect car and I'll give you a Nickel. as a friend of mine says (Bitch up or Man up its your choice)

All that said sorry you had a bad track day we all do at times.

PS you were never accused of lying I just said we had not seen it. What I'm accusing you of is being to damn lazy to pick up the phone and call RD and tell them you have a defective part. I spose its easier to piss and moan about it here.

Wow, thats a good answer ...

Im from Chile, Southamerica, so i have to deal (as a 5 years RC car pilot) with ordering from USA or Europe parts for my RC stuff and waiting for 15/30 days to the packages arrive to my house, and PATTIENCE and WORK its all that this hobby demand from us. Its just plain illogical to think on buying a kit that does not need nothing of your work in order pass over issues/problems ...

Until 1 month or so i was runing my Yokomo GT4W2L and i can tell you this car can be as competitive as any other but wow how much work i have been puting on this chassis over the years ... now im training with my Team Magic G4 EVO and its a fantastic car !! ... i know that will have issues to solve, but nothing that a couple of minutes or hours of workshop and posting problems here cant resolve ...

In my whole country there are 3 of this kits and NOT SINGLE ONE have any issue related with fuel leakage ... the only problem till now are the fragility of the front universals and "for me" the reduced space to put the receiver (MY PROBLEM cause im a big hands guy who its terrible working with small spaces and wires) ...

well ... just my opinion, i think this thread on the last days have been acumulating a lot of adrenaline because of NOTHING ... there not a single PERFECT RC KIT IN THE WORLD !!! ... as Motorman says, maybe for a "perfect" mongoose you would have to wait a couple of years and finally will get a 400/500 dollar kit that its "perfect" but then you will say "but its outdated regarding the new technologies" ... so .. the history begins again ...

sorry about my bad english ... if someone speak spanish or portuguese here, i will re-write this stuff hehehehehe cya !!!

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #1067
Tech Master

Danny:The point is if I buy a car that has some problems I will fix them myself.

problem solved.

PS you should really wear a helmet more often.
all done talking about how to help you
Old 08-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #1068
Tech Elite

Motorman,

I have a friend looking for a new engine (he is going with me to the Southamerican Championship in Argentina in October this year) and, even when i run an STS "AFM" Modified and my friend knows the engine, he want information about various engines in order to make a good choice ...

Now, i would like to get information for him about the Richey Racing Engines that RDLogics sell/uses ... can you send me info about them ? ... the engine will be mounted on a TM G4 EVO

Thanks a lot in advance ...

Old 08-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #1069
Tech Fanatic

Default You bet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Danny:The point is if I buy a car that has some problems I will fix them myself.

problem solved.

PS you should really wear a helmet more often.
all done talking about how to help you
Yea my problem is solved! But what about the other people that have leaking gastanks? Are you going to tell them the same thing? some how telling them about how your team drivers tanks anen't leaking might fall a little short but you do what you think is best By the way you are right about no one makes a perfect car myself included but you have a great start on a car that has a lot of potential. Cars can be fixed custumer relations are a little tougher to repair! All this B.S put aside I wish you the best of luck
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:28 PM   #1070
Tech Regular

Default Fuel Tanks

I'm surprised to hear of leaking gas tanks, it seems like I have heard of it before with the Serpents, Tc3's etc.....

The best cure that I have found, (and I do it with all of my tanks) is to take a soldering iron and go around the seam of the tank as if I were created a "Weld" and I have yet to have any problems.

Unless the leak is somewhere else this had cured any doubts in my mind that the tank is sealed.

Scott
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:08 PM   #1071
Tech Regular

Default Car issues.....

If I feel I have a defective part I will call the importer,distributor or hobby shop I bought it from. Most times the company says send it back. Hellion have you called RD Logics yet? I've run the car now for four months and am still running the same tank. I did however look very closely at the cap and made sure the seals and gaskets were prorperly located, and the lid closed properly. I also attached fuel line to the pressure and fuel nipples and put the tank under water to make sure there were no leaks by blowing into the pressure line and holding the fuel outlet closed. This was before I even put the tank in the car. Why?? I've had leaky tanks from other car companies.
Sometimes just readjusting the seals is all that it needs. One thing to avoid!! Is this fuel strap attached to the tank lid and run back and attached to the rear shock tower!! HHHmmm.... people are gonna say why?? The angle at which the strap pulls back on the cap places alot of stress on the cap and hinge. It sometimes will also not allow the lid to close properly. Many will say well......I haven't had a problem ........The answer is yet!!!
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:07 AM   #1072
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

It was the Team Magic kit i bought from the-border, at the time it came with the alloy steering block an the orginal centax clutch before they changed it.

BB
Hmm.. was it the K1410 K-factory hard coated 30mm push type clutch set?

cos i recently just got a TM G4 E class which came wif this, and im afraid of killing the new engine that im planning to install...
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:27 AM   #1073
Tech Fanatic

Default a gift

I whiped this up tonight .I'm racing Sunday and don't want to deal with this leaking thing. Annnnyway this is what I came up with . The aluminum piece is bigger and does a better job of sealing the seal evenley the side that goes towards the seal is inlayed so it presses the seal down a little when shut it actually formes a bit of a vacuum fit. It's a tight snug fit but opens easily and does such a good job if you look at the picture there is no spring holding it down (for the picture only) I'll put the spring back in it ! Man Im good and humble too I dont plan on copyrighting this one so Team magic has my permission to use it .I'll even send them my engineering copy if they want.
Attached Thumbnails
RDLogics Mongoose-imga6419.psd.jpg   RDLogics Mongoose-imga6432.psd.jpg   RDLogics Mongoose-imga6425.jpg  
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:54 AM   #1074
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
Hmm.. was it the K1410 K-factory hard coated 30mm push type clutch set?

cos i recently just got a TM G4 E class which came wif this, and im afraid of killing the new engine that im planning to install...
Dragon: Yes it was the K1410... I gave up in the end as no mater what i did i could not run for a full 5 minute race. In the end K1410-2 was released as an update to fix the issue. But i believe there has been issue with the flywheel,
check the beginning of this thread for more info

BB
Old 08-04-2005, 03:00 AM   #1075
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Sttering Rack #K1480!

Whats the verdict on the steering rack? I know the EPA has to be reduced by a lot so it does't hit the belt, but it is a solution that i can run with an compete with a MTX3 etc. I run on a tight concrete track, so i need to be able to turn. Or should i just wait an go out an buy a MTX4?

BB
Old 08-04-2005, 06:15 AM   #1076
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Just dremel down the part of the rack (and nut) that hits the belt, works great on mine.
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:02 AM   #1077
Tech Elite

Quote:
Dragon: Yes it was the K1410... I gave up in the end as no mater what i did i could not run for a full 5 minute race. In the end K1410-2 was released as an update to fix the issue. But i believe there has been issue with the flywheel,

BB

My kit came with the 1410 clutch and im not having any problems, but i mounted my centax with just a little little play on the bell (less than the amount that the instructions says) ... and the centax its working flawless ...

cya !

Old 08-04-2005, 10:47 AM   #1078
Tech Regular

Quote:

BB
will try to read tru everything...

Last edited by Dragon; 08-04-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #1079
Tech Regular

MY god that was a long read... think i got enough info to proceed...

However, how do i tell if my clutch is engaging too early or too late?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #1080
wad
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
MY god that was a long read... think i got enough info to proceed...

However, how do i tell if my clutch is engaging too early or too late?
Just listen to your engine, if the engine sounds heavy on the bottom, it is engaging to early(too loose). But if it sound like getting lots of rpm's and the car moves slowly, then it is engaging to late (too tight)