R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2005, 01:25 AM   #1051
Tech Master
 
Z00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

It's funny how people can read the same post differently. I'll let motorman respond, but please don't question the customer service ethic of Dennis or RD. I have found them to be nothing short of spectacular in the way they handle the service side of themselves and the business.

We've got a few Mongoose's running here in Australia, and no tank leak issues.

Cheers,

Mike.
__________________
My blog: http://mikesrc.wordpress.com
XRAY XB4
## NOSRAM ## XRAY ## KO ##
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:27 AM   #1052
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=HELLION]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Hellion I havent seen any fuel tank leaks on any of the team cars cept the one we broke when hitting a wall. LOL The carbon braces are nice but not required. if the disc is rubbing the engine then you need to reorient the carb slightly. Heck even my serpent used to almost rub the carb. If you had a legitimate defective part did you try sending it back??? oh yea no other manufacturer does that so why would you think of it.FIRST of allWe all must have made it up about the gastanks leaking ! Is that what you are saying? I build high performance RC bodies and parts for a living I have one of the biggest RC testing grounds in the states and If I saw someone in a forum like this one having problems with one of my products you can damn well bet that I would address the problems he was having ! Am I to understand that if I send that steering mess (DEFECTIVE DESIGN) back they will replace it with one that works ???? You want me to name a manufacturer ? I can name a few INCLUDING myself That take care of costumers not acuse them of lieing . My Serpent allmost rubs the carb too So What? If it does not make contact there is no issue. It is only a issue when it does make contact. Both Mongooses I have do rub and it's not the carb it's the front crank case! Real nice P.R Motorman

This is not a sledge' I am just adding my two cents worth... I orginally bought a G4 mid last year before RDLogics had anything to do with the car. I had hoped seeing the car had been out for a few years the issues had been addressed, i had nothing but troubles with the steering system (orginal), brakes that worked for half a lap an then did nothing, and a clutch that slipped to the S**thouse. Low and behold i ditched the car to a friend prior to Christmas.

Since then he has installed the new clutch, new steering system an finally the new racing brake pads an brake disc. I have driven the car since an it is a pleasure to drive an will be competitive in the right hands. Mr Richey & RDLogics have taken on a big task to bring the G4 up to the level it should be at to compete against the likes of Kyosho, Serpent & Mugen. The car has issues, let them get to it an sort it out

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:29 AM   #1053
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default What?

[QUOTE=HELLION]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Hellion I havent seen any fuel tank leaks on any of the team cars cept the one we broke when hitting a wall. LOL The carbon braces are nice but not required. if the disc is rubbing the engine then you need to reorient the carb slightly. Heck even my serpent used to almost rub the carb. If you had a legitimate defective part did you try sending it back??? oh yea no other manufacturer does that so why would you think of it.FIRST of allWe all must have made it up about the gastanks leaking ! Is that what you are saying? I build high performance RC bodies and parts for a living I have one of the biggest RC testing grounds in the states and If I saw someone in a forum like this one having problems with one of my products you can damn well bet that I would address the problems he was having ! Am I to understand that if I send that steering mess (DEFECTIVE DESIGN) back they will replace it with one that works ???? You want me to name a manufacturer ? I can name a few INCLUDING myself That take care of costumers not acuse them of lieing . My Serpent allmost rubs the carb too So What? If it does not make contact there is no issue. It is only a issue when it does make contact. Both Mongooses I have do rub and it's not the carb it's the front crank case! Real nice P.R Motorman
Dennis never said you were making up the tank leaking, maybe you should read the post again or get someone to read it to you real s l o w. He said we have not had any of our team cars have that problem. It is hard to tell you a fix to a problem we have not seen. That is why he asked you if you had sent the "defective/leaking tank" back to RD for two reasons .1. To give you a new tank.(yes they would have given you a new tank) (I answer most of RD Tech questions) 2. So we could look at the tank to see what was wrong with it.
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:14 AM   #1054
Tech Fanatic
 
HELLION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 802
Default slow

I can read it slow I can read it fast it does not change what he said! By jumping in here and saying he has never seen leaks on the team cars would indacate they don't leak. Maybe you should read the posts in here I'm not the only one who has been complaining about this. But after all the team cars don't leak so there must not be a problem with any other gastanks leaking !!! Now maybe you should read this slow : I could care less if the team cars don't leak or the serpents brake disc almost rub!!! This is entertaining seeing how you guys address the issues
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:25 AM   #1055
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

(posted by hellion in the mtx4 forum.) I was a diehard Mugan fan and was waiting for the MTX-4 but a few weeks ago I drove my friends G4 Mongoose and now I have two of them. I have to say I don't see Mugan toping this one and it's half...

Why don't you ask your friend to look at your car since his seems to be working good acording to you.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:09 AM   #1056
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLION
I can read it slow I can read it fast it does not change what he said! By jumping in here and saying he has never seen leaks on the team cars would indacate they don't leak. Maybe you should read the posts in here I'm not the only one who has been complaining about this. But after all the team cars don't leak so there must not be a problem with any other gastanks leaking !!! Now maybe you should read this slow : I could care less if the team cars don't leak or the serpents brake disc almost rub!!! This is entertaining seeing how you guys address the issues
I knew you would not read it slow enough. We did not say you did not have a tank leak, we said we did not.Again I say send it back to RD It is possible to come across a bad tank once in awhile (I went thru 3 or in my 710 when I was running it) This is not bashing Serpent just stating an example. In regards to the brake disc comment, again just an example: I run for Delta with an XP$ and right in the instruction manual it tells you to grind off the corner of the engine mount on the case a little to clear the brake disc.(this is fairly common. None of these are excuses we just tried to point out that these are small issues that we are working on and hopefully we will have all of these problems fixed soon. No car is perfect and all require some massaging, some more than others. I've built and raced just about all of them believe me. Maybe it is the tone of your post that gets you ansewrs you don't like.
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #1057
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
It's funny how people can read the same post differently. I'll let motorman respond, but please don't question the customer service ethic of Dennis or RD. I have found them to be nothing short of spectacular in the way they handle the service side of themselves and the business.

We've got a few Mongoose's running here in Australia, and no tank leak issues.

Cheers,

Mike.
Thanks!
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:35 AM   #1058
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 874
Default

Guys... All Nitro fuel tanks will leak and develope issues over time... I was just chatting with Robbie Collins about the fuel tank he was changing in his MTX3 Team car a couple of months ago... Leaking fuel tank... Tank lids seals wear out, the plastic tank can develope micro-fractures ect... HELLION... RD-Logics carries 2 fuel tanks... 1. is the stock one and the other is from K-factory... Both work very well, but the K-factory tank has a different lid design... RD-Logics carries both... RD-Logics has great customer service and will help you anyway they can... If the fuel tank was new and is leaking... I'm sure they'll replace it... If it's damaged or worn out... You'll have to replace it like anything else... As for your brake disk rubbing your motor... That's not a defect... If your friends G4/Mongoose is dialed... have him take a look at it for you... It maybe something that you're missing while trying to correct/fix it... This forum is to help when help is asked for/needed and to share info that will help the end user... Let's keep that in mind when asking questions and anwering them... Not flaming the thread or anyone... Things are just getting alittle carried away...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 08-03-2005 at 08:09 PM.
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #1059
Tech Fanatic
 
HELLION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 802
Default good point

Francis tell your mom to check your diapers! I really liked this car and still do . It has a fantastic C/G but it does have some problems!!! And these problems are becomming more aperant over time. I normally charge for this but I'll give you this one on the house. The gas cap door that comes with the car is DEFECTIVE The mass area of the hinge point is to week to give even support around the seal causing 70-75 percent of the load on the hinge side of the cap .This will become more aperant over time as it will cause the gas caps to warp. Now the good part: The reason I did this for free is first of all I wasn't asked too and also because they already know about this problem and came out with a solution . Check out under the (optional parts) at RD Logics you will find a gascap door for this car that actuality works for the low price of only $32 bones! And instead of saying this one will replace the one that leaks they advertise it as a adjustable door. A optional gas cap! How can you not see the humor in this. And I'm not flaming anyone.as I stated I think it's a great car I'm just stating the facts and I am only in this forum to inform people And yes over time all gastanks will leak after about what say 10 years or so .Not ten days

Last edited by HELLION; 08-03-2005 at 11:53 AM.
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:13 PM   #1060
Tech Regular
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: EaSt SiNgApOrE
Posts: 467
Send a message via ICQ to Dragon
Default

[QUOTE=Bundy_Bear]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLION


This is not a sledge' I am just adding my two cents worth... I orginally bought a G4 mid last year before RDLogics had anything to do with the car. I had hoped seeing the car had been out for a few years the issues had been addressed, i had nothing but troubles with the steering system (orginal), brakes that worked for half a lap an then did nothing, and a clutch that slipped to the S**thouse. Low and behold i ditched the car to a friend prior to Christmas.

Since then he has installed the new clutch, new steering system an finally the new racing brake pads an brake disc. I have driven the car since an it is a pleasure to drive an will be competitive in the right hands. Mr Richey & RDLogics have taken on a big task to bring the G4 up to the level it should be at to compete against the likes of Kyosho, Serpent & Mugen. The car has issues, let them get to it an sort it out

BB
Hi, which version of the G4 did u get?
U mentioned about the clutch slipping... was it the push type centex one?
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:30 PM   #1061
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hellion
I'm going to say this one more time. If you feel you have a defective tank send it back!! The tank and cap was available a long time ago and is not required. Generally there is no tank issue. Let me say it again, generally there is no tank issue. Let me say this again if you feel you have a defective tank send it back!!

Your servo's croaking has nothing to do with us.
Comparing a vac formed body to the engineering in an RC car ain't apples to apples. Its like me calling you and bitching my cylinder head is rubbing on the roof of your body so your body must be defective because the roof line is not high enough. you have no control of what engine I put in my car.

If your disc rubs your engine case fix it, I know you can handle it. The disc has been exactly the same for 5 years!!!!! I have run every Novarossi and Serio with 18/50 pinion and spur combo and it does not rub. Now I have no idea what is in your car for an engine it could be any one of 40 new ones released by numerous manufacturers in the last 5 years. If they designed their case so it hits our disc I cannot control that!!! If its a nova or serio I can show you ten cars that don't rub so it is something else causing it to be jacked up. (Trim the fin so it clears) I know you're more intelligent than that though your last three posts are starting to put that into question.

Is the car perfect no!!! so let me pose this question. would you rather us hold back the update parts and market it as a new car for 400 dollars each year so then you could purchase another 400 dollar kit for spares like everyone else does or would you like us to make a competitive kit available thats optionable for 200/260. given that you could have 4 new kits for the price of our competitors 2 and know that next year you won't be sitting on an obsolete car worth 150 bucks and 400 dollars of spare stuff you could use to wipe your ass with.

The serpent 710 has disposable rear pod plastic and I have had many a serpent tank that leaked at the cap. Don't worry they'll sell you a new model next year.
The MTX3 as good as it is had leaky fuel caps in the beginning and the front axles fell out. don't worry a new model's comming

Remember the Veteq

Show me a perfect car and I'll give you a Nickel. as a friend of mine says (Bitch up or Man up its your choice)

All that said sorry you had a bad track day we all do at times.

PS you were never accused of lying I just said we had not seen it. What I'm accusing you of is being to damn lazy to pick up the phone and call RD and tell them you have a defective part. I spose its easier to piss and moan about it here.
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.

Last edited by Motorman; 08-03-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:46 PM   #1062
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Pick me up!

Dennis you need to talk to Ray J to see who gets the pleasure of picking me up from the airport tomorrow. Whoever it is make sure you bring me a JD and Diet Coke!
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #1063
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Dragon]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear

Hi, which version of the G4 did u get?
U mentioned about the clutch slipping... was it the push type centex one?

Hi

It was the Team Magic kit i bought from the-border, at the time it came with the alloy steering block an the orginal centax clutch before they changed it.

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #1064
Tech Fanatic
 
HELLION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 802
Default Dayaaaaaaammmmmnnnnnnn

That was a mouth full Motor mouth. Didn't mean to get you all in a tissy I don't just build bodies I also build high performance parts for RC cars.I also do sublet work and testing for 2 RC companies and if I see a problem I'll tell them about it . Some times they will ask me to look into it and sometimes they will have there staff look into it. The point is if I buy a car that has some problems I will fix them myself . I have the facilitys and I do it for a living so you have to ask your self why would I come in here to bring up these issues with this car. could it be that I wanted to discuss these issues and see if others where having the same problems.Or maybe you think I have a vendata aginst you which is hardley the caseand I'm even going to give you a tip (read slowley please) when you see members posting that there having problems wouldent it be in your best intrest to maybe try to resolve them instead of denying that they exist? And I would think twice about denying the tank issue I really see that coming back to bite you. feel free to fire back as I'm getting bored with this and really dont have the time for this
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:20 PM   #1065
Tech Adept
 
Big KAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Napin' in da pits
Posts: 194
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hellion. . . Motorman has offered to replace the tank, what more do you want? The tank issue although an old one has been since Trinty imported the car and has never been denied. I live in Denver, and will give one of my tanks if it will help out your situation.
__________________
Xray
Big KAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RS4 RTR 3, Rdlogics mongoose, tc4 parts car stanislow R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 22 05-02-2008 08:50 PM
RDLogics G4 Mongoose 4 Sale rhazzed R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2006 08:39 PM
rdlogics mongoose for sale FRP R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-10-2005 02:46 PM
wtt: rdlogics mongoose for 1/12 car chrisw R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 08-26-2005 01:22 AM
NIB RDLogics Mongoose G4 i_like_f150s R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 02-24-2005 01:57 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:51 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net