R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2004, 02:53 PM   #76
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: miami, fl
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

S&S....here is the post that Dennis put in his engine thread regarding both of his motors


"I'm going to explain what is going on in the clearest way I can so that everyone understands what is going on while protecting the integrity of the engines.

There are two engines that we intend to sell to the public.

The first engine is the one we have been working on for two long years

It was to be built a firm in taiwan. it is a long rod 12 engine
specs. It is a brand new ground up engine

13.98 MM bore
14.06 MM Stroke
Long connecting Rod
3 port with RTU gen6 style porting and timing with full cnc blending
12 MM 4340 billet steel crank RTU gen6 fully blended and radiused on a cnc. RTUgen6 timing
fully blended turbo cut on a cnc
conventional turbo and standard head buttons
2 needle carburetor similar to an os carb. to be scrapped in favor of a three needle design

The development of this engine is done as far as I am concerned and anyone who has seen one or driven on will tell you they really cook. However during the development we have had issues and still do getting the manufacturer to produce it. they just cant seem to get it together. So a couple weeks ago a decision was made to transfer the production to another firm. We did all the development on the engine so as far as we are concerned we own it. This obviously will take a few months as the new firm will have to redraw all the parts for us and make new dies set up machines etc. At this time we are confident that the new firm will step up and we also are sure we will recieve an even higher quality product in the end. This engine has yet to be NAMED.

The other engine
13.80 MM bore
14.04 MM Stroke
short rod
stepped steel crank
our timing and fit specs
3 needle carb

In not wanting to put all the eggs in one basket we have been working with another manufacturer in taiwan to launch a short rod 12 engine. we had some initial performance issues during summer testing but those are solved and testing of the short rod motor is showing to be good enough that our version (we asked for a number of changes internally) is on order and some are comming in as we speak. They have made the changes I asked for and these will be sold as Richey Racing Engines also with the RD logics logo on them. These will be based on an STS block and crank but will be different enough we will market them as new engines. This is similar to an serpent picco situation. thats the best way to describe it. These are the R3 and R5 engines. you should see these pop up on the RD site in a week or so.

Hopefully this sheds some light on the subject for you"
peakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #77
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Congratulations to Leo V. on his TQ last weekend at the Revelation Championship Race
Running the new Mongoose with the new R3 engine
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #78
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by peakman
S&S....here is the post that Dennis put in his engine thread regarding both of his motors


"I'm going to explain what is going on in the clearest way I can so that everyone understands what is going on while protecting the integrity of the engines.

There are two engines that we intend to sell to the public.

The first engine is the one we have been working on for two long years

It was to be built a firm in taiwan. it is a long rod 12 engine
specs. It is a brand new ground up engine

13.98 MM bore
14.06 MM Stroke
Long connecting Rod
3 port with RTU gen6 style porting and timing with full cnc blending
12 MM 4340 billet steel crank RTU gen6 fully blended and radiused on a cnc. RTUgen6 timing
fully blended turbo cut on a cnc
conventional turbo and standard head buttons
2 needle carburetor similar to an os carb. to be scrapped in favor of a three needle design

The development of this engine is done as far as I am concerned and anyone who has seen one or driven on will tell you they really cook. However during the development we have had issues and still do getting the manufacturer to produce it. they just cant seem to get it together. So a couple weeks ago a decision was made to transfer the production to another firm. We did all the development on the engine so as far as we are concerned we own it. This obviously will take a few months as the new firm will have to redraw all the parts for us and make new dies set up machines etc. At this time we are confident that the new firm will step up and we also are sure we will recieve an even higher quality product in the end. This engine has yet to be NAMED.

The other engine
13.80 MM bore
14.04 MM Stroke
short rod
stepped steel crank
our timing and fit specs
3 needle carb

In not wanting to put all the eggs in one basket we have been working with another manufacturer in taiwan to launch a short rod 12 engine. we had some initial performance issues during summer testing but those are solved and testing of the short rod motor is showing to be good enough that our version (we asked for a number of changes internally) is on order and some are comming in as we speak. They have made the changes I asked for and these will be sold as Richey Racing Engines also with the RD logics logo on them. These will be based on an STS block and crank but will be different enough we will market them as new engines. This is similar to an serpent picco situation. thats the best way to describe it. These are the R3 and R5 engines. you should see these pop up on the RD site in a week or so.

Hopefully this sheds some light on the subject for you"
Peakman ... thanks a bunch. I missed this post somehow.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:08 PM   #79
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

yea baby Leo V puttin the wood down I haven't talked to him yet where did he finish. Guess Brad got the flu and went home early.
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:17 PM   #80
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

He finished 4th which is weird because I remember constantly getting passed by that guy in the main.

That motor is SICK!
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:13 PM   #81
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 602
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default set-ups

now that there are some g4 on the track, how about we get some set-ups posted on this tread !
dennis;is the 5 port out yet and how long before the long rod motor out , my trigger finger is itching .
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 12:28 AM   #82
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default Re: set-ups

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzuguy
now that there are some g4 on the track, how about we get some set-ups posted on this tread !
Set-up?? Who need set-up??
All you need is a good pitman
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:20 AM   #83
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 602
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default set-up

that sounds like a set-up walter
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:08 PM   #84
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default Re: set-up

Quote:
Originally posted by isuzuguy
that sounds like a set-up walter
Doesn't sound like!!.....It is!
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:06 AM   #85
Tech Regular
 
MCRUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chino Hills
Posts: 329
Angry SET UP

Make new bulkheads to drop the rollcenter. Thats the set-up.
MCRUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:04 AM   #86
Tech Fanatic
 
revzalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nor * Cal
Posts: 958
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default RDLogics G4

I'm a NTC3 owner thinking about switching to a new platform. I've been to the RDLogics site and read more about the RDLogics G4 with all the Kfactory hop ups. Just would like to get impressions from G4 owners in here about the car. Is the R3 engine any good? How durable is it? Easy to adjust suspsension and gearing? What did you not like about the kit?
__________________
www.revzalotmotorsports.com
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:41 AM   #87
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wad
Congratulations to Leo V. on his TQ last weekend at the Revelation Championship Race
Running the new Mongoose with the new R3 engine
Ditto,

Leo's car really ran very well.... Congrats on the TQ Cup Leo..

Another Mongoose car that ran very well was yours Walter! You
are definitely already faster with this car than your previous one.
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:36 AM   #88
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default Re: SET UP

Quote:
Originally posted by integ32
Make new bulkheads to drop the rollcenter. Thats the set-up.
That is desesperately needed!!!!!
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:40 AM   #89
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf-ronni
Ditto,

Leo's car really ran very well.... Congrats on the TQ Cup Leo..

Another Mongoose car that ran very well was yours Walter! You
are definitely already faster with this car than your previous one.
Thank You Sir.!!
Too bad that I was on the podium until my pitman destroyed my fuel tank
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:01 PM   #90
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wad
Thank You Sir.!!
Too bad that I was on the podium until my pitman destroyed my fuel tank
I know.... that was too bad.
But there is next time... And next time, I am sure you will be
even harder to beat as you spend more time with the Mongoose
car and figure it out even further.
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RS4 RTR 3, Rdlogics mongoose, tc4 parts car stanislow R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 22 05-02-2008 08:50 PM
RDLogics G4 Mongoose 4 Sale rhazzed R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2006 08:39 PM
rdlogics mongoose for sale FRP R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-10-2005 02:46 PM
wtt: rdlogics mongoose for 1/12 car chrisw R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 08-26-2005 01:22 AM
NIB RDLogics Mongoose G4 i_like_f150s R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 02-24-2005 01:57 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:22 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net