R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-05-2005, 11:01 AM   #781
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm still working on the spider bracket molds and the springs and shafts are 3 weeks off yet.(supplier lead time) I will let you all know when they are ready but I expect it to be about four weeks. I may go to a 2 bolt arrangement on the bottom. It looks like a simple thing but theres alot of pieces to it.
they will be available from me not rdlogics for the moment.

bellcrank parts
bearings
shaft
clip
bottom bracket
ball links and balls
turnbuckles
spiderbracket

when this is done we will be going on to a rear bulkhead project,(belt adjustment)
a new upper rear control arm part is in the works to. this will allow the upper arm link to thread deeper into the ball cup and inner bracket for a stronger part. we've had a couple of those pull out
Old 07-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #782
Tech Regular

Default Steering

Looks awesome !!! Nice work !!!!

JP sorry, just a little touchy ROFL !!!!!
I have heard of you and I know you can drive !!!!!

I actually havent had many problems with the steering mechanism as of yet,
however, I assuming that the maintenance and accessibility to the steering portion of the car would be much easier to get to, and possibly lighter due to the reduction of moving parts etc....

Yes/No ???
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #783
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
why change? 2 words consistancy and durability

The current system:
1the arm is weak
2 it does not recenter after a short time
3 it gets sloppy real fast
4 belt clerance
5 you have to tighten the servo arm down on the rack to tight to get it to center consistantly and then you either break the arm or the servo.
the steering balls are to small and the ball cups pop off

New system: Used by everyone else with any sense: Kyosho, Mugen, ofna,Serpent etc.
1 It centers perfect everytime
2 it won't break your servo
3 the steering balls are bigger and the cups don't pop off
4 its simple to work on, you can remove it without taking the whole front of the car apart. also aids in changing the front belt.
5 zero slop the car will track true
6 more steering available than the current system.
7 no belt clerance issues
8 bulletproof design.
9 will fit all g4 designs
10 will include titanium steering and servo arms.

who cares what it looks like as long as it works. right.
Thanks Motorman for the pro's & con's keep us posted on the release
Hey Uneke you ran a great race not sure if we spoke I think we were in one of the same heats Im still getting the car dialed in just remember Carlsen powered
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:38 PM   #784
Tech Adept

hi motorman,
your steering looks fine. i went to the old sliding steering to get a better one as the last new steering. can anyone tell me what for a saver i can take to built a steering system like this from motorman, i think bevore i can get one here in germany i am a very old man
dieter
4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:43 PM   #785
Tech Regular

Default new Steering system

I got a chance to try the steering system dennis is planning on putting in the Mongoose. I'm really looking forward to it!! Steering was smooth and the car centered itself really well. Much better than the current system that needs more maintenance. The car had as much and maybe even more steering than with the rack system. I saw some of the intial prototype molds and parts for the steering system and they look and feel stronger than most bell cranks on the market now. Once Dennis has afew completed I'm looking forward to testing them for durabilty and any other fine tuning tweeks! By the looks of it, it may not be many.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:09 AM   #786
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
I'm still working on the spider bracket molds and the springs and shafts are 3 weeks off yet.(supplier lead time) I will let you all know when they are ready but I expect it to be about four weeks. I may go to a 2 bolt arrangement on the bottom. It looks like a simple thing but theres alot of pieces to it.
they will be available from me not rdlogics for the moment.

bellcrank parts
bearings
shaft
clip
bottom bracket
ball links and balls
turnbuckles
spiderbracket

when this is done we will be going on to a rear bulkhead project,(belt adjustment)
a new upper rear control arm part is in the works to. this will allow the upper arm link to thread deeper into the ball cup and inner bracket for a stronger part. we've had a couple of those pull out

Thanks for the info !!!

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:10 PM   #787

Send a message via AIM to Uneke Send a message via Yahoo to Uneke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLION
I orderd what I thought was a Mongoose but it is a black magic. I race 705 /710 and also a big Mugen fan but the pricing is getting out of hand for there cars I ran the G4 Sunday and I had two big problems One being the gas tank leaked like crazy and the second was the steering sys was so stiff it would not return all the way nutral. Which made it a handfull to drive but I got to tell you I liked the car so much I got a new Mongoose . I wouldn't say that it's better then the serpents or Mugans I would say I'ts a lot better The C/G is fantastic and My bodies fit it like a glove And the price tag is also good I have more invested in my 710 then I do for the G4 and the Mongoose together THIS CAR ROCKS GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!
I might have some insight on the tank leak. I had the same problem when I first wired my car. There were so many wires that they squeezed up against the side of the tank. When this happens it deforms the opening of the tank and doesn't let it close completely. I shortened all my wires by cutting them and resoldering. it was a lot of work, but it made everything a lot cleaner.
Uneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by 710baby
Hey Uneke you ran a great race not sure if we spoke I think we were in one of the same heats Im still getting the car dialed in just remember Carlsen powered
I'm pretty sure we did speak and your car didn't look to bad either. I was surprised at how many G4/Mongoose I saw running up there. There was one sponsered driver in my area, but he dropped the car for whatever reason. I've gotten a lot of guys to run the car and all are happy. This car with its level of performance and pricing may be the wave of the future for touring car. Hopefully!
Old 07-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #789
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Motorman - any idea when the new steering system will be out?
any other thing needs replacement?
-eg. front arms (can we use the stock arms or do we use the KFactory hard composite arms?)
wyl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #790
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneke
I'm pretty sure we did speak and your car didn't look to bad either. I was surprised at how many G4/Mongoose I saw running up there. There was one sponsered driver in my area, but he dropped the car for whatever reason. I've gotten a lot of guys to run the car and all are happy. This car with its level of performance and pricing may be the wave of the future for touring car. Hopefully!
I Hear ya I went from the serpent 710 & for the first race with the mongoose I already saw the advantages & Im glad I will be sticking with the Mongoose did you hear about the new s class UFO clutch from K-factory very sick looking & will have one in a couple of weeks
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:44 PM   #791

Quote:
Originally Posted by 710baby
I Hear ya I went from the serpent 710 & for the first race with the mongoose I already saw the advantages & Im glad I will be sticking with the Mongoose did you hear about the new s class UFO clutch from K-factory very sick looking & will have one in a couple of weeks
I heven't heardof that clutch. Thats been my main problem with the car. I put an associated NTC3 stock clutch set up on my car with buggy springs and shoes. That was the only fix I could find for the problems I was having.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:09 PM   #792
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
I heven't heardof that clutch. Thats been my main problem with the car. I put an associated NTC3 stock clutch set up on my car with buggy springs and shoes. That was the only fix I could find for the problems I was having.
You can look at it here

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...me=G4&id=K1497

And the clutch is available at Rd Logics site

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:17 PM   #793

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
You can look at it here

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...me=G4&id=K1497

And the clutch is available at Rd Logics site

AFM
Looks like a really good design. My only questoin is will I still break the clutch bell everytimeI remove the gears? I might just have to buy a new clutch bell for every gear ratio I run.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:16 PM   #794
Nitro Tech

There are some pictures of my steering system. I shimed the bearings so there is no slop and smooth. Just screw it to the end without problem.
Attached Thumbnails
RDLogics Mongoose-dscn0486s.jpg   RDLogics Mongoose-dscn0488s.jpg  
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 PM   #795
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Looks like a really good design. My only questoin is will I still break the clutch bell everytimeI remove the gears? I might just have to buy a new clutch bell for every gear ratio I run.
Not any more if you use its cool tool

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...6055&pageNum=1

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote