R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-06-2005, 02:26 AM   #586
Tech Adept

Default the wright size for the tires

can any wone tel me what size to true the front and the rear tires
for the g4 and what kind of ofset to use, is 1 degree good or more.
nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:59 AM   #587
Tech Regular

Default Tire Sizes and offsets.

There is no overdrive for the mongoose. You can run the tire sizes the same size front to rear. For me personally I run the backs 1mm larger than the fronts. But that's my own preference for handling. You don't need to run offset tires on the car. In fact on the front I wouldn't reccommend it because you will have trouble getting it down to 200mm width.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #588
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Same cars?

The Team Magic G4, Mongoose, and VoneRR Evo are all the same cars, correct?
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:19 PM   #589
Tech Adept

the g4 and the mongoose are the same,the v one rr is differend.
some parts of the v one rr wil fit the g4 .
Old 05-06-2005, 02:19 PM   #590
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: Same cars?

Quote:
Originally posted by performula
The Team Magic G4, Mongoose, and VoneRR Evo are all the same cars, correct?
Not the Kyosho V one RR Evo. The other two yes. What happens is that certain parts from drive train of the Kyosho will fit the Team Magic G4 and Mongoose G4, like drivebelts for example.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:21 PM   #591
Tech Adept

he Ray what tire size are you driving ,the size of the tires right out of the box?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:59 PM   #592
Tech Regular

Default Tire Size

FYI,

I do the same thing RayJ does !!!!

For some reason it just feels better to me and usually a 61 -60 combo is what I run and then I can use them again if you want for a 60 -59 value.

After that I personnally dont like cuttin em down much further and using them, although I know many that do !!!
At least for one heat race, or qualifying use !!

Scott
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #593
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Same cars?

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
Not the Kyosho V one RR Evo. The other two yes. What happens is that certain parts from drive train of the Kyosho will fit the Team Magic G4 and Mongoose G4, like drivebelts for example.

AFM
I think I am confusing the VOneR with the Reflex.

I remember one of the Magic cars were identical to Kyosho's touring car of the same time period.
performula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #594
Tech Regular

Default Tire Starting point

Scott and I are on the same page along with many other racers who start out at 61 rear 60 front. If you run them out of the box they are sometimes 64 or 65mm. Not saying you can't do that but your risking chunking the rubber at that size, and having to completely re set-up the suspenision geometry and gearing to make the car handle with smaller tires. On really high bite tracks to much rubber(over 61mm) can really screw up the handling of the car with traction rolling problems.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:51 AM   #595
Tech Adept

can jou drive a 1/2 hour final,on that tire size wil the bottem of the chassis not hit the ground.
please tel me what is your ride hide and what camber do you drive in the front and rear.
and what is your droop setting in the front and rear.
please let me now so i can try this out.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:39 AM   #596
Tech Regular

Default Tire size

Caster and camber change based on the amount of traction a track has but usually doesn't really vary more than a 1/2 of a degree from these settings. 1.5 degrees front camber, 3.0 degrees rear. I'm looking for even tire wear here. This means maximum tire contact patch throughout the track.

I don't use the hudy gauges so my droop suspension settings may seem strange to you. I use a front ride height of 4.5 mm and a rear of 5mm. If the front ride height is 4.5mm, typically I will lift the front end and notice when the wheels come off the ground. I usually look for that at 6.5 mm of ride height. For the rear I usually look at 5mm ride height + 4mm before the wheels come off the ground. Be careful when making these adjustments. One thing you absolutely don't want is precompression on shock springs at resting ride height. This is when you adjust droop to a number that puts compression on the shock when the tires are off the ground. You will end up with a tweeked car.

Tire wear with 61mm rear and 60mm fronts really should not be an issue with a 1/2 hour final. If your ever get a chance to watch some of the really great drivers out there like the Baker's,Cyrul's Atomics, Ishitani's and there are many more. Watch them drive. They are very smooth with throtttle control. Especially coming out of the corners. Rolling into the throttle and making sure to get maximum acceleration with as little tire spin as possible.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:12 AM   #597
Tech Adept

what is your opinion for driving with the overdrive site pully the 26t or do you drive with 27t side pully.
what is a good gear setting for the car when driving on medium to large track, the tracks in the netherlands are +400metres long with good grip,we drive on asphalt tracks,with no sucker water on the track,and no traction compount on the tires.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:56 AM   #598
Regional Moderator

In here, we are using rear 63 front 62 for the 1st qualifying and ended up around 59.5 for front and rear after the 3rd heat. For the 45 minutes final I use front 62, rear 63.5. Both 37 shore because the track's traction is med-low but abrassive.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 08:47 AM   #599
Tech Fanatic

Nils... The 26t overdrive pulley is really just for small tight tracks as the 26t pulley will overdrive the front wheels even more then the stock 27t setup. If the track you're racing on is medium to large, the stock 27t is the way to go. To help add some more top speed and give a little bit more front overdrive to add steering, I would upgrade to the 20t rear side and brake pulley...
As for your gearing question, track size comes into play as well as what motor you're using... A good starting point would be 19/51 1st and 24/46 2nd... You may also give 25/47 2nd gear a try. Also, make sure you're using the S-class gears... more tuning options with them. I have a Mongoose G4 gear ratio calulator that can help you fine tune your car's gearing and motor tuning... PM me for it.

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #600
Tech Adept

hi alan,my motor is a fx t03,power plenty.
i have the s class set on at 19/51 25/45.
and i have the 20 brake pully with the 20 side pully.
but when i put the 20t brake pully on, my rear belt wont fit any more,do you no what can be the problem of that
,im driving with the low friction belts from k factory.