R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-26-2005, 01:30 AM   #421
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
Have a blessed Good Friday and a Happy Easter Sunday...

RC_Alan

you should know better than agruing with the know it all guru. coming to the track tomorrow ?
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:40 AM   #422
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kyoshoBOY
im sellin mine used only for a month...pm me if u interested..
why you selling it?
So what are the improvements over the regular G4? Is the Mongoose just a G4 taken apart, hop ups added and thats it? Just wondering what the deal is with it and where spare parts can be purchased for this car?
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 03:32 AM   #423
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!
Send a message via AIM to kyoshoBOY

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
why you selling it?
So what are the improvements over the regular G4? Is the Mongoose just a G4 taken apart, hop ups added and thats it? Just wondering what the deal is with it and where spare parts can be purchased for this car?
i wanna focus on one car right now,im driving a fw05rr,the g4 is really a good car.
the mongoose(g4)has a hop up parts of k factory,and has a lot more improvement than the regular g4.
pm me if u wanna know the details of g4 im selling now,ill give u a very good deal on it.
parts can purchase by online hobbyshops.
kyoshoBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 07:43 AM   #424
Tech Fanatic

Data.... Yes, I'll be there at about 9:30-10am... I have two motors to break in...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 07:54 AM   #425
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default What track?

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
YBSLOW... No, I'm not talking about Rev... There are Mongoose owners all over world that don't just drive there cars at Rev... For those who brought the orginal Trinity G4, it included 2 of Josh Cyrul's setup sheets for the car... The one I posted was his for Speedline GP in Las Vegas SB. I should have posted that, but Osobad, was asking for a general setup for the type of track he drives on... Josh's setup was for a Med. size track, Med traction and Med. surface conditions... I also have his setup for Toledo Ohio, which is for a High bite, Med site track, that is some what bumpy... If Osobad want a setup for Rev, I'm sure many can point him in the right directon... I'm not sure if I even know you... No problem... I'm not a pro driver... but I'll say this, I know the car better then most and I've shared my findings with both Team Magic and RD Logics for the past 2 years... You know that new steering system, K-factory chassic and S-class gears everyone driving.... If is wasn't for a few of us complaining and testing things for TM.... You might be still driving with that slider steering system. I also noted that the stock setup is ok, but for what Osobad was looking for, Josh's setup would be a better setup... And as for Josh's set-up, if you don't believe me, I can give you a copy the next time I'm at Rev or you can ask Josh over on the Electric TC side. While he's driving for Kyosho, he's a super nice guy and great to chat with...
Not trying to flame anyone... and I'm sorry if I came off that way... Just trying to make my point clear.

RC_Alan
All I asked was what track. No big deal. I race in Vegas, Rev, Cp Toledo, Texas, Az, Mew Mexico and Cincy so I was just curios to see what track that setup was for. I know Josh and he is a nice guy and one of the best drivers in the world. I just started driving the Mongoose I ran for Serpent last year and for Mugen the two years before that and am just getting use to what this car likes.

No hard fealings dude.........just curious to what track.

Another note we are testing a rear belt with one less tooth to allow better fit with 18 t drive pulleys.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 08:36 AM   #426
Tech Fanatic

No problem YBSLOW... We're on the same team... I'm running the 20t rear side and brake pulley on the one Mongoose and the stock 19t pulley on the other... When you're running the 18t rear side and brake, what type/size track are you running on and what gains are you looking for??? Do you have the G4/Mongoose gear ratio chart? If not, PM and I'll send it to you. The chart is active and you can plug in any spur/clutch gear and pulley, front-side or rear and it'll tell you what your gear ratio is... No hard feelings either and if we can help each other make the G4/Mongoose better....

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 12:46 PM   #427
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default What are you waiting for?

Ray J did you get your car yet?
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:31 PM   #428
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Smile 3mm or 4mm chassis

I was wondering if anyone that runs there mongoose if they
are using the 3mm or 4mm. I recently tweak my 3mm chassis
and upgraded to 4mm and notice a big difference in flex compare
to the 3mm I wanted some feed back on what some of g4/mon
goose owners are using.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:28 AM   #429
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default BoCal

BoCal,

YGPM!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 04:38 AM   #430
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: BoCal

Quote:
Originally posted by ghoppa
BoCal,

YGPM!!!!!!
backatcha
Leo V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:10 AM   #431
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default Re: Re: BoCal

Quote:
Originally posted by BoCal
backatcha
IBoCal,

YGPM......(again!!!)

thxz!
Old 03-29-2005, 12:14 PM   #432
Tech Apprentice

Default New Clutch Bell Gears

Motorman, YBSlow, BoCal,

I have a new Mongoose that I'm planning to run on a Very Small, tight local track. I'm trying to gear the car as short as possible, and I noticed the new S-class 18/23 tooth clutch bell gears. I wanted to know if you can buy the gears separtately and use them with my stock Mongoose transmission? Are the threads, pitch and mounting the same?

Any thoughts?

Thanks....
rcoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:51 PM   #433
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 18 pinion comes in the kit it is red and the 23 is purple. (it dont come in the kit) the PN is K-1415 listed under option parts Mongoose.
This is assuming your car has the grey trans gears. If it does and if its a mongoose it should you already have the new transmission. If not you need to buy the transmission set and change it over. (presuming it was an early g4evo2)

If you want to go 18 internals use K-1471,K1482,K1483 and the stock rear belt.(or you can use a front belt (as a replacement)for a serpent 835 4wd, ashford hobby or winners circle should have them) I also recommend going to 5mm by 10mm bearings on the belt tensioner. 2 flanged and 1 unflanged

This should get you pretty deep. Change clutch spring to mugen silver hard. this is what we are using until the mongoose 1.8 clutch springs arrive. they should be in any time now.

Ivan right now I think everyone on our team is using the 3mm K factory that comes in the kit. I think leo is one of the few who has used 4 on our team. cant speak for anyone else.

Last edited by Motorman; 03-29-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:52 PM   #434
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had somone ask about plastic spares the other day. Their a little tricky to find on the site. you need to look under touring cars. when you click it a dropdown menu will appear under the touring car header with spares and options that is seperate from options. there you will find plastic etc. if you don't see it call we have almost everything in the manual in stock. Not everything is listed but alot of it is.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:00 PM   #435
Tech Apprentice

Default Transmission Gears

Motorman,

Thanks for your reply, but after looking at my kit, it definitely has the old transmission and clutch assembly. It is the Mongoose version purchased from NitroCarHouse with the blue 3mm chassis, new clutch, new steering blocks, etc, but the transmission is the black style with a 19/24 ratio. Can't I just order the new 18 tooth pinion and run it with my 51 black spur?

Thanks....
rcoldman is offline   Reply With Quote