R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-22-2005, 08:13 PM   #331
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes running changes are in the works based on information from the last month. I heard about your issue and have given david at rd direction regarding your issue. contact him. I just got back home from florida on sunday so there was some lag in responding to you.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:17 PM   #332
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for that. I set the communication happening through our Aussie distrubutor, so I'll wait to hear back through the official channels if there was any advice from David.

Cheers,

Mike.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:28 AM   #333
Tech Rookie

Dennis,
The last three motors that I have sold I have had to remove the main jet and machine the thread on the needle back about 2mm so that we could screw the main jet in down far enough to achieve the correct needle setting,are the carbs pre set in the factory?
Thanx Ed(Aussie Distributor)
1pulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 06:42 PM   #334
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Post Recommended brand of nitro fuel & glow plugs for RRE3 motor

I wanted some feedback on what brand of nitro fuel to use
and glow plugs for my RRE3 motor any suggestions are
appreicated. Thanks in advance.

Ivan
Old 02-23-2005, 07:54 PM   #335
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jnims29
I had similar concerns about the receiver. Also, do you do some type of water-proofing to the receiver i.e. a baloon? Or is it not necessary on the mongoose?
Balloons on their own are not always a foolproof waterproofing idea as we have found many times due to our weather. Condensation builds up inside the balloon and plays havoc with the receiver. Before i even install a receiver on my car I open it up and coat the board with red candle wax to stop any moisture at all getting to it. I then put it back together and after plugging in the crystal and servo/battery leads I pour more red wax in around the connections. A little around the case at the joints can help too. Then i add 2 balloons (one on and then the other the opposite direction) and finally silicone seal and tie wrap the end of the open balloon to make sure nothing runs in through the leads.

Never had any problems with a receiver after doing this even in torrential rain.
teammpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:07 PM   #336
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: Recommended brand of nitro fuel & glow plugs for RRE3 motor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Dickson
I wanted some feedback on what brand of nitro fuel to use
and glow plugs for my RRE3 motor any suggestions are
appreicated. Thanks in advance.

Ivan
I use Byron/Mugen Fuel. exellant

many other in my area use O'donelle, they are great too

Glow plug is recokmand use the brand as your motor, eg: Novarossi, NovaMax, JP use novarossi plug, Rb use Rb plug ect...
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #337
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jnims29
some type of water-proofing to the receiver
coat the PCBA with a layer of humiseal , if moisture is a problem in your area.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:38 PM   #338
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Balloons on their own are not always a foolproof waterproofing idea as we have found many times due to our weather. Condensation builds up inside the balloon and plays havoc with the receiver. Before i even install a receiver on my car I open it up and coat the board with red candle wax to stop any moisture at all getting to it. I then put it back together and after plugging in the crystal and servo/battery leads I pour more red wax in around the connections. A little around the case at the joints can help too. Then i add 2 balloons (one on and then the other the opposite direction) and finally silicone seal and tie wrap the end of the open balloon to make sure nothing runs in through the leads.

Never had any problems with a receiver after doing this even in torrential rain.
Give Plastidip a try.
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:14 PM   #339
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Give Plastidip a try.
Will have to check around and see if we can get that here. Never heard of it before.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #340
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Motorman, a couple of questions:

1)What is the 0505 pipe you were using. a RDlogics pipe? I didn't see one on the site that matched that description.

2) why are you guys using the mugens springs. I have the TM spring set and was wonder what a mugen white is compared to as well as a mugen grey.

3) In your car setup, you mention a 40/42 tire setup. Is that 40 shore front and 42 shore rear? Or the other way around? The reason I ask is that I have heard that some folks are running a lower shore on the front.

4) you said you were using 18/52 first gear. Were you using the stock brake and side pulleys or one of the option ones(18 or 20)?

thanks for answering my questions.
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:02 PM   #341
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Motormans setup

He used the 62505 pipe and yes it is a RD Logics pipe.
40 fronts and 42 rears.

I know he ran the stock 19t brake and side pulley as well.

Can't remember what the wire diameter is of a mugen white spring is, I believe it is like a 1.7 and a grey is like a 1.55. Blue and pruple tm springs. They used the mugen springs because the tm springs are about 1 coil too long in the rear to get the desired ride height unless you run 57mm diameter tires.

Brad
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:21 PM   #342
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Motormans setup

Quote:
Originally posted by YBSLOW
He used the 62505 pipe and yes it is a RD Logics pipe.
40 fronts and 42 rears.

I know he ran the stock 19t brake and side pulley as well.

Can't remember what the wire diameter is of a mugen white spring is, I believe it is like a 1.7 and a grey is like a 1.55. Blue and pruple tm springs. They used the mugen springs because the tm springs are about 1 coil too long in the rear to get the desired ride height unless you run 57mm diameter tires.

Brad
Grey are 1.8 and White are 1.9
Old 02-24-2005, 07:34 PM   #343
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: Motormans setup

Quote:
Originally posted by YBSLOW
............Can't remember what the wire diameter is of a mugen white spring is, I believe it is like a 1.7 and a grey is like a 1.55............ They used the mugen springs because the tm springs are about 1 coil too long in the rear to get the desired ride height unless you run 57mm diameter tires.

Brad
Mugen springs:

Red and Pink(little more harder) 2.0mm
White 1.9mm
Gray & Dark Blue 1.8mm
Light Blue 1.7mm
Purple 1.6mm

Front Mugen springs have 6 coils, and rears have 8 coils

Purple, Light Blue, and Dark Blue are for MTX

Red, Pink, White, and Gray are for MRX

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:54 AM   #344
Tech Fanatic

AFM.. Good post!!! I was going to post the same thing, but... Somethings you just have to figure things out for yourself... If Mongoose owners are thinking about using Mugen springs, the best all around spring front and rear is the Mugen lite blue springs... Some track conditions will call for the purple and some will call for the dark blue springs... Everyones driving style is alittle different and track conditions can with the wind... Remember, one track setup may work on that track and that day, but may not work on another track.. Good thing is the Mongoose/G4 is easy to dial in and set up... Find the right setup for your track... and from there it's just pretty much sway bar adjustments and tire shore choices... Again, AFM Good post about the Mugen spring rate. I've used them and the whole shock set on my G4's from day one... 2003

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 06:12 AM   #345
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Motormans setup

Quote:
Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Grey are 1.8 and White are 1.9
Thanks, I raced for Mugen for two years and left very unhappy. that is probably why I choose not to remember any that info and would never put a Mugen part on any car I own, I will probably run Delta/Kyosho springs on the rear of my car. I ran grey springs most of the time on my mugen and did not remember them being that stiff.

The rain looks like it is gone for the weekend so I will finally get to run the Mongoose at Revelation this weekend and will be testing some of the running changes on the new RR3 motor as well.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote