R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #241
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,162
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JABRONI
I'm trying to finish up the car, however I see two issues with my steering I can't figure out.
I've been throught the posts, however, I do not see any mention of it.

If turning to the left the the steering mechanism will get sawed by the front belt, and when turning to the right the Steering Servo horn will rub against the front r/h bulkhead
If it still rubs after you install the spacers you might need to look @ getting a different servo there is one that is made specifically for the car it is a low profile digital servo by Futuba
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 09:58 AM   #242
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 874
Default

710 Baby is correct.. I have two G4's and I'm using a KO Propo servo in one that was rubbing the bulkhead... I had to hand sand the ball cap the upper hinge pin and the upper right section of the bulkhead to make it work... Take your time and with great care when doing this... You don't want to take off to much or to little material... I've been doing this since the car came out, and I've had a few head aches alone the way... In my other G4, I'm using a Airtronics 94452 servo... Perfect fit and no hand massaging needed what so ever... Only thing is it's a Helo servo... .9 sec speed and 90 oz of torque at 6.0 volts... It drops down to 77 oz. or torque at 4.8 volts... Never had a problem with it... Just passing that along if you were thinking about changing servo's... Cost all of $65.00 and it's metal gear as well... I also set up a friends G4 with the Futaba servo for steering... I had to hand finish the same areas mention above and the car is now dialed!!! Took all of 10 mins of a little extra work... Remember, that you can only use KO's, Airtronics and Futaba's in the G4... Those are the only servo horns that come with the kit... Sure you can use other brands, but you'll be spending alot more time, money and effort trying to make things work...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:59 AM   #243
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,162
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
710 Baby is correct.. I have two G4's and I'm using a KO Propo servo in one that was rubbing the bulkhead... I had to hand sand the ball cap the upper hinge pin and the upper right section of the bulkhead to make it work... Take your time and with great care when doing this... You don't want to take off to much or to little material... I've been doing this since the car came out, and I've had a few head aches alone the way... In my other G4, I'm using a Airtronics 94452 servo... Perfect fit and no hand massaging needed what so ever... Only thing is it's a Helo servo... .9 sec speed and 90 oz of torque at 6.0 volts... It drops down to 77 oz. or torque at 4.8 volts... Never had a problem with it... Just passing that along if you were thinking about changing servo's... Cost all of $65.00 and it's metal gear as well... I also set up a friends G4 with the Futaba servo for steering... I had to hand finish the same areas mention above and the car is now dialed!!! Took all of 10 mins of a little extra work... Remember, that you can only use KO's, Airtronics and Futaba's in the G4... Those are the only servo horns that come with the kit... Sure you can use other brands, but you'll be spending alot more time, money and effort trying to make things work...

RC_Alan
I highly recomend not shaving the bulk heads down to fit the servo as doing that you are weaking the bulkhead. I seen a couple of guys tap the board slightly that it gave up & got knocked out of the race. I will try to get the # for the futuba servo & post them. I think it's a 3350 but I will double check
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:17 PM   #244
Tech Regular
 
JABRONI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BROKE BACK WYOMING
Posts: 333
Default Steering

Thx for the info,
I have it all together and didnt have to hack on the bulkhead at all for now.
I am using JR 8411 servos and they seem to fit just fine as of now

I may even try to crank it up this afternoon and break the engine in a bit .

There is nothing funner than building up a new kit, however, the first start up and break in is always a challenge to make sure everything is buttoned up the way it should be LOL !!!!
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:23 PM   #245
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 109
Default

Where do you race at in AZ, I am in the Scottsdale area alot. I will probably be moving there soon. Just curious on the racing scene out there.
jnims29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:35 PM   #246
Tech Regular
 
JABRONI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BROKE BACK WYOMING
Posts: 333
Default Az. Racing

The onroad track is in Scottsdale on Scottsdale Rd. just north of Thomas road.

Scottsdalr Rc SRS
3023 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone480)945-2186

They are the hosts of the OFFROAD Cactus Classic Each year.

The onroad track is a Small Track and basically setup for electric cars, but it is the only place as of now for gas.

California and Vegas are just 4.5 hrs away and we try to make it there as often as possible.
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:46 PM   #247
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,162
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default Re: Steering

Quote:
Originally posted by JABRONI
Thx for the info,
I have it all together and didnt have to hack on the bulkhead at all for now.
I am using JR 8411 servos and they seem to fit just fine as of now

I may even try to crank it up this afternoon and break the engine in a bit .

There is nothing funner than building up a new kit, however, the first start up and break in is always a challenge to make sure everything is buttoned up the way it should be LOL !!!!
what motor are you going to run
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 01:25 PM   #248
Tech Regular
 
JABRONI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BROKE BACK WYOMING
Posts: 333
Default

Currently I have the Richey Motor that came with the Kit !!!

I have always liked the Novarossi L3 however I had sold it after getting out of the scene for awhile.

I also heard that the New Serpent motor was performing awesome at the Winternationals in Florida this weekend.

Not sure, break in this motor and then see what happens from there I guess !!!
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:41 PM   #249
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,162
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JABRONI
Currently I have the Richey Motor that came with the Kit !!!

I have always liked the Novarossi L3 however I had sold it after getting out of the scene for awhile.

I also heard that the New Serpent motor was performing awesome at the Winternationals in Florida this weekend.

Not sure, break in this motor and then see what happens from there I guess !!!
LMK What you think about the motor I will be also racing it this upcoming season @ region 1 events
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 04:04 PM   #250
Tech Regular
 
JABRONI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BROKE BACK WYOMING
Posts: 333
Default Motor

If I'm not mistaken I thought Dennis said that the long rod version had passed his specs and gave his blessing to production of it.

The L3 I had also thought was a long rod version of the NSR3 and I have always been partial to a long rod for the torque it produces on the small tracks I am use to ????

Scott
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 04:10 PM   #251
Tech Regular
 
JABRONI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BROKE BACK WYOMING
Posts: 333
Default Testing Picture Addition

Hope this works, I forgot how to add a picture !!!

Completed assembly and made a few mods !!!
But I like it !!!!!!!!!
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #252
Tech Regular
 
JABRONI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BROKE BACK WYOMING
Posts: 333
Default Belt Tensioner Mod

Some of you may have figured this out, however, I thought I would post for those who have not been able to figure what to do if you have the
18 tooth K1492
Mongoose G4 S Class Speed Gear Set
Which basically is an
K1482
Mongoose Hard Coated 18T Side Pulley,
K1483
Mongoose Hard Coated 18T Brake Pulley
setup which causes alot of slack in the rear drive belt.

If you invert the tensioner and take off about half of the aluminum material on the otbd side and then countersink the inbd brake shoe and install a countersunk screw it will allow just enough clearance to allow the whole operation to work effectively.


JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #253
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 109
Default Re: Az. Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by JABRONI
The onroad track is in Scottsdale on Scottsdale Rd. just north of Thomas road.

Scottsdalr Rc SRS
3023 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone480)945-2186

They are the hosts of the OFFROAD Cactus Classic Each year.

The onroad track is a Small Track and basically setup for electric cars, but it is the only place as of now for gas.

California and Vegas are just 4.5 hrs away and we try to make it there as often as possible.
Is that the same place they run the cactus classic?
jnims29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:15 PM   #254
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 109
Default

Yeah that is the track i visited when i was out there. Do you still run the one-way on that track, or spool? Very tight track, but very nice.
jnims29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #255
Tech Regular
 
JABRONI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BROKE BACK WYOMING
Posts: 333
Default Az. Racing

Actually a Solid Front is probably the way to go, however, We choose to use a front diff so we are use to running the begger tracks in california and vegas.

You must understand that it is hard to try out a car and tune it, Dial in Gears Etc... when you have a small track b<however we have all adapted iulike a lot oothers n a weird sort of way bye understanding what we are dealing with.
YBSLOW will be the first to say that SRS in Az. is nothing more than a testbed for dialing in the low end of the car and the turning ability and performance of the car in a small track atmoshpere.

But !!!!! YBSLOW,EVLHDLGHTS, which youve seen post here and his brother Ken Guiterez, will attest, that because of this situation they are better able to adapt to track changes and tight cornering better than anyone I have ever seen !!!!!

These Three individuals , given the chance, can stand up to most anyone in the U.S. But only need a track that can unleash their abilitlies.

Which relates to a seen that allows the developemnt of a car that not only allows an average joe to race the car in front of his/her house, but allows alot of impovement on a design that allows for a car that can kick some &%$ on a track that demands some control that can be adjusted like any other car on the market !!!

Off the soap box now, !!!!!! LOL !!!!
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RS4 RTR 3, Rdlogics mongoose, tc4 parts car stanislow R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 22 05-02-2008 08:50 PM
RDLogics G4 Mongoose 4 Sale rhazzed R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2006 08:39 PM
rdlogics mongoose for sale FRP R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-10-2005 02:46 PM
wtt: rdlogics mongoose for 1/12 car chrisw R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 08-26-2005 01:22 AM
NIB RDLogics Mongoose G4 i_like_f150s R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 02-24-2005 01:57 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:50 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net