R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-20-2005, 04:58 PM   #1861
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hows everything going here. I haven't been to the thread in a while since its frickin' cold here, so no nitro running.

Any new products or news about the Mongoose that I've missed? What ever happened to that steering upgrade?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:40 AM   #1862

Send a message via AIM to Uneke Send a message via Yahoo to Uneke
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Hows everything going here. I haven't been to the thread in a while since its frickin' cold here, so no nitro running.

Any new products or news about the Mongoose that I've missed? What ever happened to that steering upgrade?
You might want to check out the Team Magic G4S thread. New car coming in Jan/Feb.
Uneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:40 PM   #1863
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
To bring the car up to a level it can be on par with its kyosho, mugen competitors the car incurred some significant cost increases.

That statement from the G4S thread is a little disturbing. I mean what is he saying...that the Mongoose wasn't up to the level of the other cars? That certainly wasn't the opinion I read here this time last year...

Anyway...I don't see enough changes to justify a new ride. I'll stick with my Mongoose. I won with it last year, so it was good enough for me. Especially at $199 compared to the $450+ of other cars and apparently of the new G4S.

So what will happen to the support for the Mongoose. Last year RD Logics was making commitments to support it, is that out the window too?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:30 PM   #1864
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You have expressed the same concerns I have been having since I saw the G4S thread when it first started. I bought my Mongoose a month ago in preperation for next year. The enitre concept and development of this car has been confusing to me. I am now doubting my purchase and am concerned with future support, at least for the next year or so.

The original G4 / Team Magic / Trinity....then Trinity dropped the car then RDLOGICS pics up the car and "changes" it to the Mongoose. Team Magic has created at least three versions of the car and RDLOGICS has its version of the car. Is the G4S a "Team Magic" car, is it a colaboration between Team Magic and RDLOGICS or is RDLOGICS taking the Lemans version and making changes to it to call it a G4S?

What disturbs me even more is I ended up buying the Mongoose from RDLOGICS direct, payed at least retail plus, simply because I have had absoloutly know success in finding a shop that is a distributer of the car or its parts. The only good thing is even at retail price it is cheaper than most other cars in its class.

Doug
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:26 PM   #1865
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have sent you both pm responses to your concerns. don't worry its all fine. also the street price on the car is posted is under 400, a pro car is not for everyone as it will have parts some guys already have so they might not be in the market for that car. you guys need to read the entire g4s thread carefully and it will start to make more sense to you. yes the G4s is the 2006 version of the team magic car
Old 12-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #1866
Regional Moderator

Like I said a few post ago, I kinda go into 'nitro hibernation' during the winter, so all of this stuff is new news to me.

I'll read up a little more on the G4S thread and see whats what over there.

Thanks for the PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #1867
Tech Rookie

Default goose is loose

New tire cutter for Xmas, tried a couple of degrees to match the camber setting thinking this would produce more surface area of the tire meeting the road. My Goose was sooo loose couldnt keep it straight. Anybody else tried this??? I think i'll save that setting for the oval guys!!!!
EcZahst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #1868
Tech Elite

Your actual camber is 'dynamic'. That is, it changes during suspension travel, cornering etc. Try cutting less cone on your tire, than your neg. camber setting. Say, 1/2 -1 deg. when you are running 2 deg. neg. camber.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #1869
Tech Rookie

Default sway bars

Removed front sway bar on my goose, tweaked the car and major improvement in handling. Should I leave it off or will I gain some cornering with it installed. Will I have to ajust the sway bar side to side to even out the shocks???
EcZahst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:43 PM   #1870
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmmmm

the goose will be at the winter wind up keep your eyes open or youll miss my style performing at the race will be none other than michael jackson dont miss out
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #1871
Tech Elite

Default winterwindup

the goose has been to the track to survey the competition & looks good more to come im the goosein lv reporting trackside at the las vegas winterwindup looking for my 1st TQ or at least 3 laps around the track
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 01-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #1872
Tech Elite

Default HR PUFF

< WHOS YOUR FRIEND WHEN THINGS GET RUFF HR WHAT

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 01-21-2006, 08:06 AM   #1873
Tech Elite

Default help

give me some clutch tips i have the orange spring stock clutch i do have some shims on the shaft behind the inner bearing top of the clutch spring nut im not getting consistency from the clutch in this winter wind up any help avail.

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 01-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #1874
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
give me some clutch tips i have the orange spring stock clutch i do have some shims on the shaft behind the inner bearing top of the clutch spring nut im not getting consistency from the clutch in this winter wind up any help avail.
If you're not running the UFO clutch by now.... If you're running the stock clutch... It's a new year and time to upgrade... Sounds like yours is just old, alittle tired and worn... Remember I'm saying if.... If you're running the UFO, you would'nt or shouldn't be having consistency problems... I think you can get one for like $75.00 now... .02

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #1875
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
If you're not running the UFO clutch by now.... If you're running the stock clutch... It's a new year and time to upgrade... Sounds like yours is just old, alittle tired and worn... Remember I'm saying if.... If you're running the UFO, you would'nt or shouldn't be having consistency problems... I think you can get one for like $75.00 now... .02

RC_Alan
Well said time to upgrade that clutch to UFO for the 2006.