R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2005, 08:26 PM   #1831
Tech Fanatic
 
ogreasurada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SZ-China
Posts: 848
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
I weekend is too free to call boring. I am a basher with crappy driving skill.
goor result ot me simply mean "no crash for my car or to make somebody else crash" (that is why I was called car breaker)
LOL, it'd be so much fun to play with you then! But I guess from now on you'd probably be making someone else crash more **no offense** cuz your G4 will be too eye-catching for them, not to mention the full line of top notched K-Factroy options that can turn the G4 into a flying tank.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #1832
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

I put this post on the G4 thread :

Hi all !!

Wow, im very very happy ... yesterday (Sunday, November 13th) was my birthday (31 years old baby !!!) and i raced at the Puerto Rican last stage of the National Championship ending in 4th place with my Team Magic G4 Evo. I must say that for me its a BIG accomplishment mainly cause :

- In my country RC Racing is not that big, and in Puerto Rico (USA Territory) the people race very good and very hard, with some experienced pilots that run with factory support as Serpent or Mugen.

- A lot of people run on heavily modified engines, mine its a STS Modified for our friend AFM on the phorums and even when the engine its great, i got a headache trying to tuning the engine for Puerto Rican heavily humid and hot weather (in my Country, Chile, that was NOT an issue heheheheh).

- I was the only one on the event running rubber tires over 35 (more or less) other pilots on sedan legal class running foams. I race with a sponsorship from Alpha RC Racing Tires from Brazil, so the factory owner asked me to try the rubbers on this event, specially to test the tires on such a special weather as here. And i was the only G4 car too.


Well, i will tell you the history of race under my point of view (hope to see some official thread over here soon) :

- The track have about 185 feet long straight (about 56 meters of back straight), with one 90-270 curve section and 2 180║ curves. 2 hight speed curves and a fast sweeper after the 90-270 section (see the pic below).

- Free track for all people from 06.30am to about 10.00am. The track was wet because of heavy rain the night before. A lot of people worked hard to dry the track.

- The 5 minutes qualifies started at about 11.00hrs because all people wanted to wait the more possble time in order to dry the track, at 11.00hrs we started on a semi-dry track. I ended first on my group with 15 laps in 5 minutes with a good difference over the 2nd.

- The event had various classes, and the order was like Sedan Legal 200mm, Outlaw 1/10 and Electric Modified Sedan Class.

- After the first 2 qualifies of the Sedan Legal Class, started to rain HARD for about 5 minutes, the track ended soaked up ... so a lot of people again started to work on dry the track specially with gasoline air blowers. I was amazed about the weather over here, after the 5 minutes hard rain we got a VERY HOT sun over us.

- After the work on the track, it ended wet but without "little lagoons" so the competition started again. All the other qualifies were over this wet-track condition.

- On the second 5 minutes qualify ended first again, but with little margin over the second this time. 13 laps on 5 minutes over very wet track.

- After seeing how the track becomed dry qualify over qualify, the pilots kept improving laptimes. At the end of the qualifies, i realized that i was on the A-Main, on 6th place !!.

- The mains started with Sedan D-Main, and then C-Main, B-Main, then B-Main for Outlaw Nitro and A-Main Electric Sedan. The last 2 were A-Main Sedan Legal and A-Main Outlaw nitro, with the 2 of them raced with low sunlight to completely darkness (lucky us cause the track have a good light system, shame on me racing with a dark painted body that i almost losted a couple of times during the race on the farther high speed curve at the end of the straight).

- Ready for the 30 minutes A-Main action and the race started, i started suposely in 6th position but my pitman put my car on the asphalt a little late so i ended starting at last position, and after that :

a.- Minute 0 to 5 : Being at the last place on the start, i was trying hard to get into the group of pilots that were fighting positions. My first 2 laps were a little on the slow side 'cause i need it time to warm the rubbers up but after that i was in full racing pace. About 1 minute before the first pistop i felt my car was not running at all, so i asked to my pitman to lean a little the high needle when i entered for refuel.

b.- Minute 6 to 10 : After leaning the engine, it started to move very quickly on the track and i felt very well with its performance, by the end of the minute 10 i was in 8th position.

c.- Minute 11 to 15 : After a couple of good moves and fast refueling at minute 15, i ended at 6th place.

d.- Minute 16 to 20 : This was my best 5 minutes of racing, the engine performance was great and my hands were doing good, so i went up to 4th place.

e.- Minute 21 to 25 : My worse part of the race, i made a couple of great passing moves but then i did a couple of very stupid moves wich ended on 2 spins and 1 "wheel-up" car. Lucky me i maintained the 4th place just for 1 lap.

f.- Minute 26 to 30 : Even with a fast car, i noted that i was seeing sparks going from the back of my car ... at the end of the race i saw that i took a bad desition (see mistakes sections below) on tires and i ended the race on the inserts on the left side of the car so i had just 1-2 milimeter of suspension travel.

g.- I ended the race in 4th place. The 3 first pilots were very fast, if i remember well the first place did 92 laps, the 2nd and 3rd did 91 and i made 85. 5th place with 80 and 6th place with 79 (i dont remember the rest). Not bad for rubber tires !!.


- My main mistakes :

1.- Refueling strategy. My engine was giving me about 6 minutes of run time and even with that i asked for my pit man to call me in every 5 minutes, so i ended doing 1 pit stop more than the ideal.

2.- Tire Selection. Alpha RC Racing Tires makes 5 different compounds (2 softs, 2 mediums and 1 hard) and i was running the softest of the mediums and as you will see at the pics below, i made a bad choice running the softest of the medium compount. The tires for that 30 minutes racing should been the hardest of the mediums or directly the hard compound.


My Equipment :

- Futaba 3PDF Radio.
- Hitec 535HB Servos for steering and gas/break (G4 dont need a very powerful steering servo with that amazing 8 ball bearing supported steering system).
- STS D3R Engine Modified by Alfonso Florez - GPP Model Racing - PERU (AFM on the forums), with STS inline pipe.
- On the centax i installed Kyosho Hard spring (sorry TM, here in PR didnt found the hard KFactory spring !!)
- Alpha RC Racing Tires (rubbers) - Brazil.
- Protoform Nemesis Body -- Painted by my Wife.
- Maxys Fuels 30%.


My Setup :


Front :
- Camber 2║.
- Toe Out 0║
- 50 wt shock oil
- Aqua color shock springs (Team Magic ones)
- Shocks in the more vertical position
- 4,5 mm chassis from the asphalt.
- Caster with the thin spacers on the back and the big one on the front.
- No stabilization bar installed.

Rear :
- Camber 4║
- Toe In 3║
- 50wt shock oil
- Purple color shock springs (Team Magic)
- Shocks on the more horizontal position
- 5,5 mm chassis from the asphalt.
- No stabilization bar installed.
- 19/52 and 23/48 pinion/spur combination


The organization of the event was amazing, good music, good qualify and mains organizations and timing between them, good food (wow, that hamburgers were amazing !!). And the people in Puerto Rico are very good pilots and over that are very very friendly and supportive.


Now i will have the entire week to work on my Hotel Room cleaning and checking my car, and me race-ready for the next race in November 27th, one day before i leave this wonderful country to go back to Chile.


The Pics (sorry about the bad quality but i taken from my camcorder so they are just 1 megapixel, and by the way, i didnt took one single picture of myself !!! ... next time i will ask for some one to shoot me with the camera) :




















*



























Thanks to :

- Team Magic (Nick Ko) for the support (specially inspiring my spirit about the G4 performance).
- Alfonso Florez (www.gppmodelracing.com) for the STS engine and the Car (he sells Team Magic in Peru).
- Alpha RC Racing Tires, for the excelent product you have. Really incredible performance i never saw on rubber tires v/s foams.
- The Puerto Rican friends i made since the first day i put a foot on this island.


You can see a couple of videos at (i think my car appears a little, its a Black /Graphite one with White stripes along the upper part of the body) :

Primer Video

Segundo Video


Cya next time !!.


.
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #1833
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Pato

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Given the conditions you raced on, that is a hell of a result.

Thanks for your kind words....STS, Team Magic and myself are here to support you anytime.

Un Abrazo
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:12 PM   #1834
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,208
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

does kfactory have a upgrades for the brakes?
pads or brake discs?
part # anyone?
TIA ..
wyl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:13 PM   #1835
Tech Fanatic
 
ogreasurada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SZ-China
Posts: 848
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyl03
does kfactory have a upgrades for the brakes?
pads or brake discs?
part # anyone?
TIA ..
I only found the disc. Hope this helps.
http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/index...ROD&ProdID=849
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:33 PM   #1836
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi
I put this post on the G4 thread :

Hi all !!

Wow, im very very happy ... yesterday (Sunday, November 13th) was my birthday (31 years old baby !!!) and i raced at the Puerto Rican last stage of the National Championship ending in 4th place with my Team Magic G4 Evo. I must say that for me its a BIG accomplishment mainly cause :

- In my country RC Racing is not that big, and in Puerto Rico (USA Territory) the people race very good and very hard, with some experienced pilots that run with factory support as Serpent or Mugen.

- A lot of people run on heavily modified engines, mine its a STS Modified for our friend AFM on the phorums and even when the engine its great, i got a headache trying to tuning the engine for Puerto Rican heavily humid and hot weather (in my Country, Chile, that was NOT an issue heheheheh).

- I was the only one on the event running rubber tires over 35 (more or less) other pilots on sedan legal class running foams. I race with a sponsorship from Alpha RC Racing Tires from Brazil, so the factory owner asked me to try the rubbers on this event, specially to test the tires on such a special weather as here. And i was the only G4 car too.


Well, i will tell you the history of race under my point of view (hope to see some official thread over here soon) :

- The track have about 185 feet long straight (about 56 meters of back straight), with one 90-270 curve section and 2 180║ curves. 2 hight speed curves and a fast sweeper after the 90-270 section (see the pic below).

- Free track for all people from 06.30am to about 10.00am. The track was wet because of heavy rain the night before. A lot of people worked hard to dry the track.

- The 5 minutes qualifies started at about 11.00hrs because all people wanted to wait the more possble time in order to dry the track, at 11.00hrs we started on a semi-dry track. I ended first on my group with 15 laps in 5 minutes with a good difference over the 2nd.

- The event had various classes, and the order was like Sedan Legal 200mm, Outlaw 1/10 and Electric Modified Sedan Class.

- After the first 2 qualifies of the Sedan Legal Class, started to rain HARD for about 5 minutes, the track ended soaked up ... so a lot of people again started to work on dry the track specially with gasoline air blowers. I was amazed about the weather over here, after the 5 minutes hard rain we got a VERY HOT sun over us.

- After the work on the track, it ended wet but without "little lagoons" so the competition started again. All the other qualifies were over this wet-track condition.

- On the second 5 minutes qualify ended first again, but with little margin over the second this time. 13 laps on 5 minutes over very wet track.

- After seeing how the track becomed dry qualify over qualify, the pilots kept improving laptimes. At the end of the qualifies, i realized that i was on the A-Main, on 6th place !!.

- The mains started with Sedan D-Main, and then C-Main, B-Main, then B-Main for Outlaw Nitro and A-Main Electric Sedan. The last 2 were A-Main Sedan Legal and A-Main Outlaw nitro, with the 2 of them raced with low sunlight to completely darkness (lucky us cause the track have a good light system, shame on me racing with a dark painted body that i almost losted a couple of times during the race on the farther high speed curve at the end of the straight).

- Ready for the 30 minutes A-Main action and the race started, i started suposely in 6th position but my pitman put my car on the asphalt a little late so i ended starting at last position, and after that :

a.- Minute 0 to 5 : Being at the last place on the start, i was trying hard to get into the group of pilots that were fighting positions. My first 2 laps were a little on the slow side 'cause i need it time to warm the rubbers up but after that i was in full racing pace. About 1 minute before the first pistop i felt my car was not running at all, so i asked to my pitman to lean a little the high needle when i entered for refuel.

b.- Minute 6 to 10 : After leaning the engine, it started to move very quickly on the track and i felt very well with its performance, by the end of the minute 10 i was in 8th position.

c.- Minute 11 to 15 : After a couple of good moves and fast refueling at minute 15, i ended at 6th place.

d.- Minute 16 to 20 : This was my best 5 minutes of racing, the engine performance was great and my hands were doing good, so i went up to 4th place.

e.- Minute 21 to 25 : My worse part of the race, i made a couple of great passing moves but then i did a couple of very stupid moves wich ended on 2 spins and 1 "wheel-up" car. Lucky me i maintained the 4th place just for 1 lap.

f.- Minute 26 to 30 : Even with a fast car, i noted that i was seeing sparks going from the back of my car ... at the end of the race i saw that i took a bad desition (see mistakes sections below) on tires and i ended the race on the inserts on the left side of the car so i had just 1-2 milimeter of suspension travel.

g.- I ended the race in 4th place. The 3 first pilots were very fast, if i remember well the first place did 92 laps, the 2nd and 3rd did 91 and i made 85. 5th place with 80 and 6th place with 79 (i dont remember the rest). Not bad for rubber tires !!.


- My main mistakes :

1.- Refueling strategy. My engine was giving me about 6 minutes of run time and even with that i asked for my pit man to call me in every 5 minutes, so i ended doing 1 pit stop more than the ideal.

2.- Tire Selection. Alpha RC Racing Tires makes 5 different compounds (2 softs, 2 mediums and 1 hard) and i was running the softest of the mediums and as you will see at the pics below, i made a bad choice running the softest of the medium compount. The tires for that 30 minutes racing should been the hardest of the mediums or directly the hard compound.


My Equipment :

- Futaba 3PDF Radio.
- Hitec 535HB Servos for steering and gas/break (G4 dont need a very powerful steering servo with that amazing 8 ball bearing supported steering system).
- STS D3R Engine Modified by Alfonso Florez - GPP Model Racing - PERU (AFM on the forums), with STS inline pipe.
- On the centax i installed Kyosho Hard spring (sorry TM, here in PR didnt found the hard KFactory spring !!)
- Alpha RC Racing Tires (rubbers) - Brazil.
- Protoform Nemesis Body -- Painted by my Wife.
- Maxys Fuels 30%.


My Setup :


Front :
- Camber 2║.
- Toe Out 0║
- 50 wt shock oil
- Aqua color shock springs (Team Magic ones)
- Shocks in the more vertical position
- 4,5 mm chassis from the asphalt.
- Caster with the thin spacers on the back and the big one on the front.
- No stabilization bar installed.

Rear :
- Camber 4║
- Toe In 3║
- 50wt shock oil
- Purple color shock springs (Team Magic)
- Shocks on the more horizontal position
- 5,5 mm chassis from the asphalt.
- No stabilization bar installed.
- 19/52 and 23/48 pinion/spur combination


The organization of the event was amazing, good music, good qualify and mains organizations and timing between them, good food (wow, that hamburgers were amazing !!). And the people in Puerto Rico are very good pilots and over that are very very friendly and supportive.


Now i will have the entire week to work on my Hotel Room cleaning and checking my car, and me race-ready for the next race in November 27th, one day before i leave this wonderful country to go back to Chile.


The Pics (sorry about the bad quality but i taken from my camcorder so they are just 1 megapixel, and by the way, i didnt took one single picture of myself !!! ... next time i will ask for some one to shoot me with the camera) :




















*



























Thanks to :

- Team Magic (Nick Ko) for the support (specially inspiring my spirit about the G4 performance).
- Alfonso Florez (www.gppmodelracing.com) for the STS engine and the Car (he sells Team Magic in Peru).
- Alpha RC Racing Tires, for the excelent product you have. Really incredible performance i never saw on rubber tires v/s foams.
- The Puerto Rican friends i made since the first day i put a foot on this island.


You can see a couple of videos at (i think my car appears a little, its a Black /Graphite one with White stripes along the upper part of the body) :

Primer Video

Segundo Video


Cya next time !!.


.

Wow, great story !!! All I can say " Congratulation to Tabushi !! "
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:10 AM   #1838
Tech Fanatic
 
blanks596's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles Dojo
Posts: 813
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

my G4 kicked azz at Revelations on Sat.

My question is: What does it mean when a person is running a split? I heard the phrase a number of times but don't completely know what it's refering to. My guess is that it has to do with gears; specifically pully gears. Can anyone fill me in on what this is, how to calculate it, and it's purpose.
blanks596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:34 AM   #1839
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

the "split" is commonly reffered to the tire diameter difference between front and rear. it is used to solve/tune overdrive of the car.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:03 AM   #1840
Tech Master
 
Car Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grave Yard
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

My Mongoose is complete today (with engine and radio) gonna break in the engine tomorrow, will post my feeling for G4 when I come back ( hopefully I don't break and car )



__________________
Xray X12 2015
ARC R10 ATS
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:45 AM   #1841
Tech Apprentice
 
Thybaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 79
Default

Nice,

How long did it take you to build it? I'm getting my G4 thursday and I want to have as much building pleasure as possible, so the longer it takes the better it is.

Maarten
__________________
Serpent 733 TE | RB Touring 9, Novarossi N12T1 | Sav÷x SC-1257TG | Ko Propo EX-10 EURUS
Thybaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #1842
Tech Master
 
Car Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grave Yard
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thybaut
Nice,

How long did it take you to build it? I'm getting my G4 thursday and I want to have as much building pleasure as possible, so the longer it takes the better it is.

Maarten
then you better remind yourself that you only tighten one screw each day, that will give you a pleasure for months

personally, I finish the chassis in 24 hour continuous work
later on I mount the engine and center the servo when I got those things in.
__________________
Xray X12 2015
ARC R10 ATS
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:21 AM   #1843
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
then you better remind yourself that you only tighten one screw each day, that will give you a pleasure for months

personally, I finish the chassis in 24 hour continuous work
later on I mount the engine and center the servo when I got those things in.
It took me almost 5 consecutive nights to build a brand new nitro car.

Its funny now...... It took me only 1 hour 45 minutes to dismantle and rebuild the car without the manual.

My friend took his 2 weeks He seriously said to me that he carefully inspected every parts before put them together. Anyway, he is among the top 5 drivers in my country..... so I can't argue hehehe.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 05:20 PM   #1844
Tech Master
 
Car Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grave Yard
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I break in the engine this morning, very please with result. after initial tuning after break-in, the car clocked 46MPH, but my friend is faster (51 MPH on his Mongoose with RB V15)
the place we play is too dusty and dirty to see the handling ability of the car, I will post my testing of handling after next time running in a better place

Luckily I didn't break anything this time , My Mongoose follow my orders
__________________
Xray X12 2015
ARC R10 ATS
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:06 PM   #1845
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

looks good.
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RS4 RTR 3, Rdlogics mongoose, tc4 parts car stanislow R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 22 05-02-2008 08:50 PM
RDLogics G4 Mongoose 4 Sale rhazzed R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2006 08:39 PM
rdlogics mongoose for sale FRP R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-10-2005 02:46 PM
wtt: rdlogics mongoose for 1/12 car chrisw R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 08-26-2005 01:22 AM
NIB RDLogics Mongoose G4 i_like_f150s R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 02-24-2005 01:57 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:50 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net