R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #1801
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
I know.. It's something to compare... The prototype G4 is not yet complete... They might share somethings... Something for the readers here to think about...

RC_Alan

They share almost nothing, they share most if not all the same suspension arms as the current Mongoose.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:30 PM   #1802
Regional Moderator

The only difference I know is the different position of the battery and receiver like the G4 Lemans...
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:47 PM   #1803
Regional Moderator

Dear Partners,

This is our proposal for Le Mans G4. We will work on the promotion & advertising step by step and will provide you more information for Le Mans G4.

Le Mans G4 Proposal

1. Product Introduction
Model Code & Specification of Le Mans G4
502073 1/10 Le Mans G4 (Lola, 200mm RTR Gas Car). Lola VDS body
502079 1/10 Le Mans G4 (GTP, 200mm RTR Gas Car). Porsche body

2. The orientation of Product
Le Mans 24 hours race event was held since 1923 and has 82 years history to date. The greatest motor race in the world has increased the prestige for the motor vehicles and drivers that get the championship in the 24 hours endurance every year.

Adopting the same spirit from Le Mans 24 hours races, Le Mans G4 is named in 2005. Le Mans G4 provides fast speed to racers, high-grade kits, and durable function. It is a pioneering work to create Le Mans G4 since Le Mans G4 went through 4 hours severe test before it is announced. At present, Le Mans G4 is the only special car with high-grade kits but for entertainment in this market. With the appearance of Le Mans G4, we hope to bring more happiness to our customers.

3. Forecast of Le Mans G4
Since Le Mans G4 has the same spirit as Le Mans 24 hours race, Team Magic wishes Le Mans G4 could provide racers and customers not only the shock and enjoyment of eyesight but also the highly praise for the culture just like the audiences felt from Le Mans 24 hours race. By means of the unique design of Le Mans G4: Entertainment Running Car but with high-grade kits, we believe that Le Mans G4 will bring this market a brand new revolution and leave an unforgettable history.

We hope we could able to have a similar mini competition for Le Mans G4 as well if this market has numerous feedbacks caused by Le Mans G4 and if it has good selling result as great as we calculated in the future. If so, racers could change their opinions and share everything together. Of course, include sharing the spirit of Le Mans G4.

4. Target Customers
a. Freshman: We target the people who are interested in playing model car but without any experience before.
b. Sophomore: The other target segment is the racers who want to have model car with upgraded components & kits.

5. Marketing Strategy of Le Mans G4

Advertising

First Promotion: An image appeal advertising
An image digital advertising is an opening for Le Mans G4. With simple statement & subject, first advertising will emphasize the most essential feature, Four Hours Endurance, for Le Mans G4.

Second Promotion: An edited film from 24 hours of Le Mans
Aim at the endurance, speed, and driver skill, a short edited film that took from 24 hours of Le Mans race will be the second advertising. It is a 1MB film, which contains the appeal of Le Mans G4 with the message "Le Mans G4, Coming Soon" as the ending.

Third Promotion: Le Mans G4 with 4 hours endurance
The third advertising will present the real Le Mans G4, a high-speed competition structure 1/10 touring car, with excellent performance in the track in 1MB film.

Forth Promotion: A supplemental publication
Apart from the first three advertisings, Team Magic will introduce the main features & specification of Le Mans G4 more in the supplemental publication in forth promotion.

Poster
The purpose to have poster is allowing distributors or retailers to post it in the hobby shop and catch every customer's attention when they enter the shop.

Related R/C websites
To spread the latest news of Le Mans G4 in the market, we will cooperate with related R/C website and post the advertising banner, pictures, and related news of Le Mans G4.

Team Magic Website
Team Magic website for introducing the model car will be separated into two different categories, one is for fun car series, such as Le Mans G4 and the other is for competition car series. Showing more information for Le Mans G4 will let customers realize all model cars than before.

Forum
To have more discussions of Le Mans G4, a free discussion area will be held in many forums. In the near future, Team Magic will set up a new forum website, RC View, to allow racers or customers sharing their experiences or comments on it.
Attached Thumbnails
RDLogics Mongoose-157562a.jpg   RDLogics Mongoose-157580e.jpg   RDLogics Mongoose-le-mans-g4-3.jpg  
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #1804
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default G4S

I hope I can converted it from mongoose to G4S in the future, seems like they share quite some part
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:22 PM   #1805
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The lemans and the forthcomming G4S are not the same but may share a significant number of parts. I have had discussions with TM folks about the S and had some impact on its forthcomming layout. Since TM has let the cat out of the bag so to speak as soon as I get authorization to talk about it I will. There are still a few things that are being settled as to how it will be kitted (what parts)and when. There has also been a discussion about a retrofit kit for the G4EVO/Mongoose. It will still be a while before we see it. I can tell you for sure bellcrank steering is comming. I can tell you Ray and I from Team RD ran my bellcrank system almost all year with no failures in the last version. (below are pictures of the system we used) I'm sorry I could not produce the steeering system in mass but It just became to complicated to do effectivly given the materials we needed and had to work with. However a solid season on the system proved it is a far superior setup.
Thats all I can say at this time.
Attached Thumbnails
RDLogics Mongoose-steering2.jpg   RDLogics Mongoose-bellcrank1.jpg   RDLogics Mongoose-bellcrankz.jpg  

Last edited by Motorman; 11-02-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:45 AM   #1806
Tech Adept

Im using the evo version with major facelift from Kfacs and i love driving it since the day i owned it, im looking forward to the next G4 and the prototype seems very promising but one thing im worried about is the weight distribution, im not an engineer and i havent got a test with digital scale shoulnd that battery be on the center just like the present one? i mean most of the weights are already there, the pipe, pulleys, engine etc. then add the battery, just some thoughts...correct me if im wrong.the chassy is very neat though, receiver are well secured underneath.

Heres what i thought about the upcoming model:

#motormans ackerman
#rear belt tensioner underneath (how about the brake pad screws?)
#new radio plate
#batts on the pipe side
#receiver underneath with cover like the 710
#new chassy and side plates
#new front and rear stiffener

the list are from the images i saw
heres my G4...

reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:40 AM   #1807
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

I'm planning to get an G4 EVO with a lot of K-Factory options end this month. But I now see that te G4S is comming, for how long will the parts for the EVO be available?

Thanks
Thybaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #1808
Tech Master

for a long time. This has been the plus of the G4 as it has and will continue to be an evolutionary car.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:16 AM   #1809
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thybaut
Hello,

I'm planning to get an G4 EVO with a lot of K-Factory options end this month. But I now see that te G4S is comming, for how long will the parts for the EVO be available?

Thanks
I think they said before that the new car will share most of the parts from the Mongoose (G4evo) right now.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:07 AM   #1810
wad
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

I told my friend to get a Mongoose, and look what he got

Old 11-08-2005, 01:57 AM   #1811
Tech Adept

Hahahaa.. Thats funny.
k_brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:57 AM   #1812
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad
I told my friend to get a Mongoose, and look what he got

Ask him if he can find a RRR, MTX or 710.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 05:41 PM   #1813
Tech Regular

Default Mongoose Origins Revealed LOL !!!

Here is a picture of some mongooses that I use to have When I racing BMX Bikes way back when (Just Like Them Anyway)

First pic is a 1978 Mongoose with Motomags and the Stock Spur and Pinion Gears. (Not S Class)

The second photo is a 1981 photo that shows the Aftermarket parts that started to become available from
K Factory !!!! ROFL

JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #1814
Tech Regular

JABRONI I had one those too! Nice bikes! I also had a twin frame Vector!
vulso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:56 PM   #1815
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Team Magics G4 S-type

Heard from LHS, Rd Logics will have the convertion set from G4Evo to G4 S-type imported soon or later after TM release it into market

I just order a Mongoose and the MOST POWERFUL small block O.S. 18tz(p)
expecting the performance and speed
but my pocket is empty

Last edited by Car Breaker; 11-10-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote