R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2005, 04:44 AM   #1771
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Wad,
If I use the 18t brake pulley do I also change the side belt pulley to an 18t also?
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #1772
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Wad,
If I use the 18t brake pulley do I also change the side belt pulley to an 18t also?
Yes, you should. That is better for short tracks, and you can run the same diameter on the tires front & rear.
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:02 PM   #1773
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Ok thanks. I'll try it next race.
Another question, Is there a difference in side belt length? I changed to the low friction belt and it was extremely tight. I didn't even need the belt tensioner.
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:04 PM   #1774
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Ok thanks. I'll try it next race.
Another question, Is there a difference in side belt length? I changed to the low friction belt and it was extremely tight. I didn't even need the belt tensioner.
Yes, I noticed that also, the new belts are a little smaller.
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:27 PM   #1775
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Walter?

Hey Walter,

Have you heard the rumor that Revelation is getting the Sedan Nats next year?
I thought it was going to be in Vegas!

Please tell me it is not going to be at Revelation again...................There is no where near enough parking or pit space to hold the Nats there. It was miserable last time they held it.

Get you 50 shore tires ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:24 PM   #1776
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Hey Walter,

Have you heard the rumor that Revelation is getting the Sedan Nats next year?
I thought it was going to be in Vegas!

Please tell me it is not going to be at Revelation again...................There is no where near enough parking or pit space to hold the Nats there. It was miserable last time they held it.

Get you 50 shore tires ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that Vegas and Rev are the choices, but I didn't heard any confirmation from ROAR.
I will disagree with you about Revelation.
I prefer to get 50 shore tires and have covered pit tables, power everywhere, bathrooms, hobby shop instead to get 30 shore to run in a dusty track (due to windy conditions) no pit tables, hard time to get power, don't know about the hobby shop.
I see that we like the same car but not the same tracks........lol
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:04 PM   #1777
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Talking Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad
I know that Vegas and Rev are the choices, but I didn't heard any confirmation from ROAR.
I will disagree with you about Revelation.
I prefer to get 50 shore tires and have covered pit tables, power everywhere, bathrooms, hobby shop instead to get 30 shore to run in a dusty track (due to windy conditions) no pit tables, hard time to get power, don't know about the hobby shop.
I see that we like the same car but not the same tracks........lol
I don't dislike Rev, I just like about 4 or 5 tracks across the country better. Toledo, Crystal Park, Hamilton, Vegas etc etc. I just think Reve all ready has too many big races and would like to see it spread out a little more. I like to be able to pit in a space bigger than 2 foot x 2 foot like we did at the Nats last time it was at Rev. There is so much more to do in vegas at night as well. Chino is just a bit scarry for us out of towners.
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #1778
Tech Regular
 
JABRONI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BROKE BACK WYOMING
Posts: 333
Default Nats

I agree with YBSLOW !!! Of course we have raced together at a lot of different tracks, however, it seems like REV has alot of races that are ok, and the track is not that bad, however, For a Sedan Nats I'm not sure that it is the place for it.

Vegas of all places has so much room, and the power thing is not an issue.
Besides all of that, the host hotel is a stones throw away from the track and of course the night life will attract most of the crowd just like the recent "Indoor International Championships" .

If all goes well, the track will be resurfaced in plenty of time and if promoted correctly could make it one of the biggest races of the year !!!!!

The races are run fantastic, and the atmosphere is fun for all families to enjoy whether racing or gambling, or supplying kids with fun !!!!!

The recent Ron Paris Memorial race is testimate to the scene that can and should be an event to be remembered !!!!!

I propose a big, well promoted race that shows off the Sedan Class and highlights the class that is so very popular right now, in a way that it deserves.

Ok, off the soap box now
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #1779
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

All the track have good and bad things, I will let ROAR decide where the Nats will be next year, anyways, both track will be good choices
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:13 PM   #1780
Tech Regular
 
JABRONI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: BROKE BACK WYOMING
Posts: 333
Default TRUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad
All the track have good and bad things, I will let ROAR decide where the Nats will be next year, anyways, both track will be good choices
You are right WAD, All tracks typically have good and bad, and the push for one or the other typically is biased to who likes what.

The parking at Rev is horrendous but it also has it's + with the facility.

Good, Bad, Ugly, !!!!!

I am just proposing bringing a national event to a Star Studded event with alot of promotion wherever it is to shed some light on what's going on in the RC world instead of the same ole thing wondering who won what and getting lame info on the highlights of the race.

It deserves better !!!!
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #1781
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Actually you did really good on you report for the last race at Vegas, you made the event to look even bigger. That's what we all should start doing to promote the hobby, no matter what track, but driving the Goose
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:27 PM   #1782
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default History of a travel ...

Hi guys, i have to go to Puerto Rico (im from CHILE) for 6/7 weeks for work, and im flying with my Team Magic G4 to share and learn from our Puerto Rican friends (RC Car Pilots) ...

I like to share my experience on my country airport ... what a BAD EXPERIENCE ...

Due to the twin-towers issue in USA, now in my country each time you take a flight to USA you have to pass a pre-security check (before even go to the check inn counter of the airline), and due to the ignorance of the personnel over here (in my country RC is almost unknown), this is the result :

- They took away 4 shock NIB silicone bottler for shocks, 4 diff oil NIB bottles, 2 NIB bottles of light oil for ball bearings and a bottle with diff grease ... all for being "something unknown and out of our hazardous item list" ...

- I negociated and fortunately didnt have to throw away the fuel tank of the model and dissasemble the engine as the security officer was asking for about 25 minutes ("cause i must be sure that that little engine have not a single drop of explosive liquids on it") ....

- I negociated to not throw away my NIB Dynamite fuel gun ... its new and even with my explanation the guy was asking to leave it cause "have a very explicit gun shape" ... (żżż???).

I know that you guys in USA suffered a lot with terrorism, but i think that this airport security guys must apply some kind of base-criteria over the inspections ...

My only preocupation now is that my flight first pass over Dallas and i have to take my bags and pass again over security check ... and im afraid to meet this kind of missunderstanding with USA Police people ... what kind of attitude you recommend me to take ? ...

Well, this was just to share a RC-Related moment heheheh hehehehe ...

cya at the track !!!
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:20 AM   #1783
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hi guys, i have to go to Puerto Rico (im from CHILE) for 6/7 weeks for work, and im flying with my Team Magic G4 to share and learn from our Puerto Rican friends (RC Car Pilots) ...

I like to share my experience on my country airport ... what a BAD EXPERIENCE ...

Due to the twin-towers issue in USA, now in my country each time you take a flight to USA you have to pass a pre-security check (before even go to the check inn counter of the airline), and due to the ignorance of the personnel over here (in my country RC is almost unknown), this is the result :

- They took away 4 shock NIB silicone bottler for shocks, 4 diff oil NIB bottles, 2 NIB bottles of light oil for ball bearings and a bottle with diff grease ... all for being "something unknown and out of our hazardous item list" ...

- I negociated and fortunately didnt have to throw away the fuel tank of the model and dissasemble the engine as the security officer was asking for about 25 minutes ("cause i must be sure that that little engine have not a single drop of explosive liquids on it") ....

- I negociated to not throw away my NIB Dynamite fuel gun ... its new and even with my explanation the guy was asking to leave it cause "have a very explicit gun shape" ... (żżż???).

I know that you guys in USA suffered a lot with terrorism, but i think that this airport security guys must apply some kind of base-criteria over the inspections ...

My only preocupation now is that my flight first pass over Dallas and i have to take my bags and pass again over security check ... and im afraid to meet this kind of missunderstanding with USA Police people ... what kind of attitude you recommend me to take ? ...

Well, this was just to share a RC-Related moment heheheh hehehehe ...

cya at the track !!!
Hi Tabushi,
I found it helpful at the airport to take an RC car magazine and pack it wth your RC stuff as well as maybe the instruction manuals for your car and transmitter, seems to help explain stuff to the the security personel.

Hope this helps.
Brad
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 AM   #1784
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Well i didnt do the magazine but i did the manual stuff ... and even with that ... arrghhh ...

Now im at the Dallas international airport waiting for my plane to Puerto Rico ... and im very preocupied cause at the customs check the police officers were asking for ALL THE PEOPLE to unlock the bags for internal security processes, so i have now my bags, including the one that have all the RC equipment, opened until it reach Puerto Rico ... arrghhh !!! when i was in Colombia police officers asked me the same thing, and i ended with a lot of small parts and rc equipment stolen ... im trusting on having a different experience with EEUU customs personnel ...

Well ... i will post tonight when i reach PR ...

cya !!
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:47 AM   #1785
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi
Well i didnt do the magazine but i did the manual stuff ... and even with that ... arrghhh ...

Now im at the Dallas international airport waiting for my plane to Puerto Rico ... and im very preocupied cause at the customs check the police officers were asking for ALL THE PEOPLE to unlock the bags for internal security processes, so i have now my bags, including the one that have all the RC equipment, opened until it reach Puerto Rico ... arrghhh !!! when i was in Colombia police officers asked me the same thing, and i ended with a lot of small parts and rc equipment stolen ... im trusting on having a different experience with EEUU customs personnel ...

Well ... i will post tonight when i reach PR ...

cya !!
Keep yu fingers crossed.
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RS4 RTR 3, Rdlogics mongoose, tc4 parts car stanislow R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 22 05-02-2008 08:50 PM
RDLogics G4 Mongoose 4 Sale rhazzed R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2006 08:39 PM
rdlogics mongoose for sale FRP R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-10-2005 02:46 PM
wtt: rdlogics mongoose for 1/12 car chrisw R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 08-26-2005 01:22 AM
NIB RDLogics Mongoose G4 i_like_f150s R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 02-24-2005 01:57 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net