R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-16-2005, 04:35 AM   #1546
Tech Regular

Default S Class Gears

If your having trouble with stripping two speed spurs reread Brad's post on two speed prep before a run. Jabroni's tips on making sure the pinion gears are parallel to the spurs is also great advice. I follow both of those sets of tips almost every time I run the car and I have stripped only one two speed spur. That is after running nearly 12 gallons of fuel through the car. I have to agree that team magic needs to revisit the materials for the s class gears, and needs slightly shorter screws for the two spped shoes. But the clutch and two speed have run almost flawlessly for me for the entire season. Most of this is not rocket science, but simply basic mechanics and prep.
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:26 AM   #1547
Tech Adept

Quick Question,

Can someone post a picture of the Mongoose Carbon Brake Bracket (w/aluminum belt tensioner) on a car. I just got mine and i'm not sure how the pulley should be mounted.

I presently have the screw through a washer on one side, the main pulley with the 2 bearings on it. ( flanged part of bearing is on the exterior ).

Not too sure if this is the right way to install.
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #1548
Tech Fanatic

Let me reset this... The gear stripping issue only occurs when you run the 25t pinion gear along with the 46 or 45 tooth spur gear... If you're running the 24t pinion gear, you won't have any issues... It's a combination of things... 1. the distance in speed between 1st and 2nd gear and 2. the material of the S-Class gear... TM and RD is aware of the problem and are working on it... The issue is not something we are doing wrong, but in design. I've informed RD awhile back about this and they & TM are working on a fix... And trust me, those that are closely working with the car and RD are aware of the issue...

RayJ... All the tips posted here, I've already tried when the problem first started... I've been driving this car since Oct. 03... Some people know me here from way back and some don't have a clue... Thanks though... I know you're just trying to help... And true, this is not rocket science... And as for the idiot that said I only run novice class to pick up tropheys... I have never, ever run in those lower classes. Never have and never will. I have a life outside of this hobby... You think you know more then you do, but you don't have a clue... As for REV, it's a great track and Dana is a Great guy that does a very fine job with it.

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 09-16-2005 at 08:53 AM.
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:11 AM   #1549
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_alan
Let me reset this... The gear stripping issue only occurs when you run the 25t pinion gear along with the 46 or 45 tooth spur gear... If you're running the 24t pinion gear, you won't have any issues... It's a combination of things... 1. the distance in speed between 1st and 2nd gear and 2. the material of the S-Class gear... TM and RD is aware of the problem and are working on it... The issue is not something we are doing wrong, but in design. I've informed RD awhile back about this and they & TM are working on a fix... And trust me, those that are closely working with the car and RD are aware of the issue...

RayJ... All the tips posted here, I've already tried when the problem first started... I've been driving this car since Oct. 03... Some people know me here from way back and some don't have a clue... Thanks though... I know you're just trying to help... And true, this is not rocket science... And as for the idiot that said I only run novice class to pick up tropheys... I have never, ever run in those lower classes. Never have and never will. I have a life outside of this hobby... You think you know more then you do, but you don't have a clue... As for REV, it's a great track and Dana is a Great guy that does a very fine job with it.

RC_Alan

Alan I just want to let you know that I am the guy that answers all of RD's Tech questions. I just think it is funny how you act like you are some how affiliated with RD Logics and you are not. You try to answer and help people which is cool. What is not cool is how you disagree with everything I post as I am posting on Rd Logics behalf.

All I tried to do was help when this was first posted and again you disagree and act like you are some kind of expert because you have owned the car since '03, big deal. Maybe you have not raced novice or amature at Rev, I know I have never seen you in any A or B main at any big race in Cali or anywhere else in the U.S.

You sure seem to practice alot and so I guess that is where you get all your experience.

As far as me being an idiot, I will let the people at the track decide which one of us is the idiot. I know what I here.
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #1550
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesd
Quick Question,

Can someone post a picture of the Mongoose Carbon Brake Bracket (w/aluminum belt tensioner) on a car. I just got mine and i'm not sure how the pulley should be mounted.

I presently have the screw through a washer on one side, the main pulley with the 2 bearings on it. ( flanged part of bearing is on the exterior ).

Not too sure if this is the right way to install.
There should be 3 bearings (2 flanged and 1 non-flanged) the non-flanged goes in the middle and the flanged part of the other 2 goes to the outside. Everything else sounds good. Let me know if this helps.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:38 AM   #1551
Tech Adept

That helps. I wasn't sure but it makes sense now. There's a tiny bit of play but i guess that is normal.
Thanks.
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:10 AM   #1552
wad
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesd
That helps. I wasn't sure but it makes sense now. There's a tiny bit of play but i guess that is normal.
Thanks.
Yes, the play is normal.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #1553
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

does anyone know if a company sells the entire allen screw set for a G4/Mongoose?

and if the screws fit or if they are randomly thrown in and might not work
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #1554
wad
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution
does anyone know if a company sells the entire allen screw set for a G4/Mongoose?

and if the screws fit or if they are randomly thrown in and might not work
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I don't see a reason to change the screws, the stock ones works really good for me.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:08 PM   #1555
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW
Alan I just want to let you know that I am the guy that answers all of RD's Tech questions. I just think it is funny how you act like you are some how affiliated with RD Logics and you are not. You try to answer and help people which is cool. What is not cool is how you disagree with everything I post as I am posting on Rd Logics behalf.

All I tried to do was help when this was first posted and again you disagree and act like you are some kind of expert because you have owned the car since '03, big deal. Maybe you have not raced novice or amature at Rev, I know I have never seen you in any A or B main at any big race in Cali or anywhere else in the U.S.

You sure seem to practice alot and so I guess that is where you get all your experience.

As far as me being an idiot, I will let the people at the track decide which one of us is the idiot. I know what I here.
Really... Ok, Why didn't you know the answer to the question posted??? Like I just posted, TM and RD both know of the issue with the gears... Did you know??? No... If you knew, your answer would have said so. You answer all the questions on the behave of RD-Logics.. Really?? Why during the RCX 2005 did RD-Logics ask me to come help them with the Mongoose as I know the car better then anyone else that was there... I guess you could'nt make it... RD sends me emails to answer customers questions all the time.... Do I go posting here in the threads that I do that for them??? No... And I believe you sent me a PM asking me about a Setup on the car earlier in the year... Remember??? The one you PM for and said you didn't want to post here on the threads because you didn't want anyone know you didn't much about the car yet... I gave you Josh Cyrul's setup.... I guess you for got that one as well... And no, you didn't run a 16.2 sec lap at CP... That's a fact. As for your question, why don't I race more or why don't you see me at any races??? You happen to live at REV... I don't.. and I don't see your name posted on any A main or b main finishes either big racer... To me this hobby is what it is... A hobby... I have a life outside of the hobby that's way more important...

And for all those wondering what's going on... We're all a big family here and sometimes things happen.... YBSLOW... I've tried to help everyone here at one time or another with respect.... You included... If you want to take this further... We can... If not... Drop it.

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 09-16-2005 at 01:33 PM.
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:52 PM   #1556
Tech Elite

Default never mind

uninformed
Old 09-16-2005, 02:57 PM   #1557
Tech Elite

Default WCNC

You can look at the results linked to the racing at CP Aug 20 post.
B'main car #4 on lap 13 was a 16.2 that woul be me Brad Toffelmire.
As far as living at Rev that is funny I live in Phoenix.

As far as everything else you spewed..........Blah ..Blah.. Blah it is about as useful as you car setup advice.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:06 PM   #1558
Tech Elite

Default Rd

I am the one along with Dennis Richey the team manager that actually informed team magic about the gear material. I did answer the question.
I am not going to argue with you anymore.
I'm right your wrong easy as that and everyone knows it.
Now that is a fact unlike your previously posted so called fact.

I just want to see you race one time so I can see how fast you are.

I will not be responding to anymore of your posts, if you have a problem PM me and we can continue the argument.

On Rd Logics behalf I do not wish to clutter up this post anyfurther.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:23 PM   #1559
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

i just want all allen socket screws
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:30 PM   #1560
wad
Tech Elite