R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1st Major Race (1/8) - Body shell regulations - Help Needed

Hi,

Okay... so I am about to embark on my 1st race that will be relying on IFMAR rules and regulations. Was going thru the rules last night, and noticed that it state that the cutouts for engine head, air filter, fuel tank must follow the contours, and max gap between shell and these parts are 20mm.

Usually, when I am cutting the shell for this area (cooling head, air filter, fuel tank), what I am left with is a big hole that is shaped like a man's private parts . Is this a violation of IFMAR's rules? the perimeter of the hole does follow the contours of the cooling head, air filter and fuel tank... but the 'inside' of the hole....... does not.

notice the area behind the fuel tank cap, but before the cooling head/air filter (roll bar in the middle of it all)...

any advice / insights / comments most welcome.

thanks

sam

Last edited by sammies; 07-19-2011 at 06:52 PM.
sammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
Tech Addict

as far as ive seen that should be fine, as long as when it is on the chassis, it doesnt have major gaps on the sides of the cutout.
It would be better to keep the gaps to a minimum anyway, so that the airflow on top of the body stays on top and doesnt go under the shell.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for sharing, DJ. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear View Post
as far as ive seen that should be fine, as long as when it is on the chassis, it doesnt have major gaps on the sides of the cutout.
It would be better to keep the gaps to a minimum anyway, so that the airflow on top of the body stays on top and doesnt go under the shell.
sammies is offline   Reply With Quote