R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #16
Tech Champion

can you give us the setup you are using now ?

and give us the condition of track ? smooth ? medium grip ? technical ? high speed ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
So if i run a lighter front diff it will give me better off power steering ?

Yes i am running softer front 37's and 40's in the rear.

Front is also narrower.

Springs i have the medium blue Kysoho springs up front and the have dark blue Kyosho springs in the rear.

Roll center is stock!
Yes, lighter front diff oil will give you off power steering ( off or half throthle at medium and slow corners ).

Btw..... If you increase the height of rear lower hinge pins, the car will rotate faster at medium and slow corners. Some people like it, some people dont. It depends on your driving style, and yourself must test it and feel it.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:18 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Roll centers affect the car at all times, on power or off power. Be carefull when you say higher or lower roll center because people get confuse as to which way they have to go, lowering the hingepin does not equal lowering the RC, its the opposite.

Download the Xray set up book, it has all that information clearly explained.
Yes you are correct...but I said that Rc dosnt affect SO MUCH the car off power ...never said it doesn't do at all

I know what I say.. infact when I said to make higher the front RC I also specificated that it means that you have to slow down the hingepins
It's the opposite at the front but the same in the rear

The rule is simple;
To make FRONT RC Higher ..slow down the hingepins
To make REAR RC higher ...higher the hingepins

And..yeah I agree... the best thing is to read the SetUp book and the try the regulation suggested. Not a problem if the book is by Xray or by Kyosho.. the regulations affect all the car (almost) in the same way
Old 07-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoRacing View Post
Yes you are correct...but I said that Rc dosnt affect SO MUCH the car off power ...never said it doesn't do at all

I know what I say.. infact when I said to make higher the front RC I also specificated that it means that you have to slow down the hingepins
It's the opposite at the front but the same in the rear

The rule is simple;
To make FRONT RC Higher ..slow down the hingepins
To make REAR RC higher ...higher the hingepins

And..yeah I agree... the best thing is to read the SetUp book and the try the regulation suggested. Not a problem if the book is by Xray or by Kyosho.. the regulations affect all the car (almost) in the same way
english correction : to make higher roll center at front ( less body roll ) : lower down the height of inside - upper hinge pins.

For anyone want to read roll center and stuffs :

NT1 setup book download : http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=3577
Old 07-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Tips: When do you decide to change roll center

It depends on how much traction I want to have at the end of the car. Also how fast I want the car to respond going in, coming out or at speed. I use the roll center to gain traction or loose traction at a certain spot. Roll center affects your ability to carry corner speed. The more you have to slow down the car for the turn the less corner speed. You want the carry the speed without loosing traction in the rear. I start with the roll centers in the middle position front and rear and adjust if needed based what i want the car to do.

If I need more rear bite I will lower the lower pins all the way down to see if it helps. If I went to far than I go back to the middle. In the front if I want more steering going in or better response side to side, I will lower the upper pins. If I need more at speed steering or on power steering i will raise the pins. I also will raise the pins if the car is having a problem traction rolling going in the turns.

Hope this helps,

Quote by DJ Apoloro frm Capricon Lab.
Black niNja is offline   Reply With Quote