R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Questions?? Help!!Hop ups upgrades for KYOSHO Inferno GT2

Hi there, I have just get myself a KYOSHO Inferno GT2 and i would like to upgrade its engine and pipe but i am not sure weather following model will fix or not?
NOVAROSSI PLUS 28-3 RT
NOVAROSSI PLUS 28-7T
Please let me know if they fix in or not.
Looking for recommedation for engine, pipe, gear, shock, upgrades
Thanks your help

Last edited by hkchik; 07-07-2011 at 06:21 AM.
hkchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Are you planning on racing? If yes check the rules @ the track you are racing at regarding the engine. From my experience and some other GT racer can agree that sometimes the engines are not a winnning factor. Meaning you can win with a $150 engine against other more expensive engines.

As far as recomendations I preffer .21 engines I've ran the OS .21vg with great success and its relatevely inexpensive. The OFNA .28 Force is also a great motor... again depends on what you are going to use it for. Many motor drop right in.

Upgrades you should def. Get the new 2 speed (shoe type) tranny, front cvd's. Better servos (spend one time and buy good servos from the getgo)
__________________
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I concur with Gonzo , and don't forget to get the good brake pads.
__________________
People spend their lives worrying about death. I'm sliding in broadside h ollering "Wow, what a ride"
spooky 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Default

thank you i will def go look for those parts
hkchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Tech Regular
 
mosaics12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

you can find more info here
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ased-road.html
mosaics12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
Are you planning on racing? If yes check the rules @ the track you are racing at regarding the engine. From my experience and some other GT racer can agree that sometimes the engines are not a winnning factor. Meaning you can win with a $150 engine against other more expensive engines.

As far as recomendations I preffer .21 engines I've ran the OS .21vg with great success and its relatevely inexpensive. The OFNA .28 Force is also a great motor... again depends on what you are going to use it for. Many motor drop right in.

Upgrades you should def. Get the new 2 speed (shoe type) tranny, front cvd's. Better servos (spend one time and buy good servos from the getgo)
Kyosho Inferno GT2 Shoe-Type 2-Speed Transmission Set, is this the tranny u talking about ??
hkchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
Tech Regular
 
mosaics12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkchik View Post
Kyosho Inferno GT2 Shoe-Type 2-Speed Transmission Set, is this the tranny u talking about ??
yap..
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ansmission-Set
mosaics12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 AM   #8
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 26
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys I am new to this hobby and I would like to know if the "Kyosho Inferno GT2 Shoe-Type 2-Speed Transmission Set" will fit on the earlier Kyosho GT???
n0ferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
Tech Regular
 
C-Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ferz View Post
Hey guys I am new to this hobby and I would like to know if the "Kyosho Inferno GT2 Shoe-Type 2-Speed Transmission Set" will fit on the earlier Kyosho GT???
Yeah it'll pop right into a GT1. The included dog bone will work for front or rear. Can't remember off hand which right now. Then you just need to get another one to match. Of course you can always just go with CVD's.
C-Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #10
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 26
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
Yeah it'll pop right into a GT1. The included dog bone will work for front or rear. Can't remember off hand which right now. Then you just need to get another one to match. Of course you can always just go with CVD's.
Thanks for the info and your reply
n0ferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkchik View Post
thank you i will def go look for those parts
If you're willing to spend the money (which I assume you're not), and you REALLY want to go FAST, get an RB Concepts Circuit 11 Pullstart version. I know very well that the Circuit 11 with Pullstart doesn't exist, but I'm getting one . It's a .21 and it's REALLY FAST. It's one of the few engines that have 9 ports! Not many engines have 9. And if you can, try getting a 3 speed. You might not need it, but it'd be quite interesting.
SUPERFORMIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net