Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1/10 touring should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by impalabob64
Not a bad looking car... I am still thinking Capricorn for this guy.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...id_product=978

Stock Completely Decked Out.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it is all up to the driver more now than ever; the brand of the car makes little difference!!! The cars are very close in design and performance, but xray wins in durability and podium finishes. I for one am sticking to my NTC3 forever though because of affordability: I stop people from offering me free parts...ahah....
Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The xray nt1 is capable of much faster lap times then the ntc3. More corner speed, more bottomend, and more top end. Plus it is more reliable. The belt cars are faster then shaft cars.

The best cars on the market right now are capicorn labco1, nt1, Shepard velox v10. In a month you can and the Mugen mtx5 to that list.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

I have heard that argument before, and I am willing to take up the challenge!!! Nobody else has my killer ntc3 setup, and all the ntc3's on youtube seem to be the rtr version or close to it!!! I understand people's reluctance to even suggest the ntc3 after watching these lame videos, but one vid out of them(the ab mods sirio evo5) shows its potential, and I think that it is worth the risk to give the ntc3 a try; I was offered three rollers and parts with engines for around $150, and I still turned him down!!! You just can't beat the price to performance ratio.....
Old 07-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I have heard that argument before, and I am willing to take up the challenge!!! Nobody else has my killer ntc3 setup, and all the ntc3's on youtube seem to be the rtr version or close to it!!! I understand people's reluctance to even suggest the ntc3 after watching these lame videos, but one vid out of them(the ab mods sirio evo5) shows its potential, and I think that it is worth the risk to give the ntc3 a try; I was offered three rollers and parts with engines for around $150, and I still turned him down!!! You just can't beat the price to performance ratio.....
Honestly, the NTC3 is a good basher at best... But if you are stepping onto the track, it will give you nothing but headaches.

I would suggest him getting a MTX3 before even thinking of saying NTC3...

My vote is still with the NT1. I have owned and/or worked on all of the chassis in the market. The quality and reliability of the NT1 is just superior to all the other brands.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I drive a h-k1 by far one of The best cars I have ever driven . But that's my opinion .. its a very well thought out kit
Old 07-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

The ntc3 has easily solvable issues !!! Some people are too much in a rush to get on the track or street for a cheap thrill ! If you take your time and solve the issues, you will be rewarded with a decently competitive car for much less than its competitors...If you do not have that much patience, then the Nt1 is the car to get.....
Old 07-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Surprised no one mentioned the HPI RS4 EVO+? Great parts support, inexpensive? and also... Isn't it 20% Car and 80% driver when racing?
Old 07-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

isn't the ntc3 discontinued?
Old 07-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by h-k1
I drive a h-k1 by far one of The best cars I have ever driven . But that's my opinion .. its a very well thought out kit
+1
Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Ntc3 kits are available everywhere on the net , ebay , at the track ,etc.... It's a buyer's market out there in the Ntc3's case; the more new touring car kits come out, the better the ntc3's buyers' market !!!! The offers are too good to be true ! Associated cars do not follow the Xray way of doing business: unavailable kits every year, so the racer keeps buying basically the same kit just to keep up !!! I think there should be a four year rule on kit releases ! It is really not fair to the average Joe at all . It is almost as if they are doing it on purpose !!! Mugen is more reasonable in that department though, and it might be edging Xray with its new mtx5, if it proves to be a real performer like its big brother, the Mrx5......
Old 07-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hpifanboi
Surprised no one mentioned the HPI RS4 EVO+? Great parts support, inexpensive? and also... Isn't it 20% Car and 80% driver when racing?
When your talking aboubt top of the line kits (Shepherd, Xray, Mugen, Capricorn, Serpent, HK etc) I agree with your percentage. Racing a car like the NTC3 (Shaft driven) or the Hpi RS4 is a dis advantage from the start. Hpi Designed this car to be a basher. Team Associated designed it to be a racer back in the day, But compared to todays technology in these cars the NTC3 cant keep up. It is about the driver yes, But at some poin tthe drivers capabilities can be hindered by the car.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Ntc3 kits are available everywhere on the net , ebay , at the track ,etc.... It's a buyer's market out there in the Ntc3's case; the more new touring car kits come out, the better the ntc3's buyers' market !!!! The offers are too good to be true !
Do you think there is a reason for this??? AKA they are not competitive against the xrays, mugens, serpents etc. of today?

Last edited by JJBinks; 07-05-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

If the Ntc3 is bulletproofed and setup with the same new equipments(servos, radio, body, etc...) as the Nt1, Capricorn,and the likes , I believe it has a chance in the long 30 to 45 minute mains where anything can happen . I am currently building my Ntc3 with all top notch gear, and will be taking up this so-called impossible challenge!!! I will let you guys know how it did, but I am convinced there will not be a major difference between the kits....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.