Wiki Posts
Search

MY PIPE IS RANK!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MY PIPE IS RANK!!!!!!!

OK, you guys know the deal. You raced your nitro ride several weekends with only moderate attention to cleanup, translation,,,,,,,,I am a lazy bastid and did not get all the nasty stuff off my pipe. Now it's time to do "the nasty" to my pipe and all the rubbing ain't cuttin' it. How about some of the suggestions you guys might have ie, chemicals, processes, etc. This should be interesting, let's hear all the different suggestions we have to offer.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Carbon Off, or get a crockpot fill it with coolant and let the pipe simmer until all the gunk falls off
Old 06-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The best thing we use in the land down under is a slow cooker crock pot, so go see if mum has one in the cupboard some where that has not been used for some number of years and plug it in and fill it up with engine coolant and let it cook for some number of hours. Just keep pulling it out and checking for nasty stuff to start coming of. Use a set of bbq tongs to grad it, after you are satisfied with the results let it cool down and then fun part starts. The elbo grease and polish to shine it up. Good luck with it.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

First thing...Why are you smelling your pipe??? Lol

Yes, crock pot and let it soak over night
Old 06-04-2011, 02:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
The best thing we use in the land down under is a slow cooker crock pot, so go see if mum has one in the cupboard some where that has not been used for some number of years and plug it in and fill it up with engine coolant and let it cook for some number of hours. Just keep pulling it out and checking for nasty stuff to start coming of. Use a set of bbq tongs to grad it, after you are satisfied with the results let it cool down and then fun part starts. The elbo grease and polish to shine it up. Good luck with it.
dont forget if you use this method, use pure coolant not the pre mixed type. this method doesn't work with the pre mixed types....also keep it outside or in the garage with the window open....also don't use the cooker ever again like my wog mum did once the coolant goes into the rim of the pot (if it is metal edged) and the toxic sht seeps out eventually...

so if you have a wog mum like mine...keep it far away from her, or do what i did, leave the house to live on your own

just kidding about the wog mum bit ....well 75% kidding anyway
Old 06-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Get the pipe real hot and use Nitro fuel on a rag.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default CARBON OFF

I used Carbon Off for the first time recently and was amazed. I poured it into a plastic container big enough for my pipe to fit in. Let the pipe soak in it overnight and the next day all the crud just rinsed off in the sink, no scrubbing. The pipe looked new after that. I'm sold!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Carbon Off - spray on, wait 15 minutes and rinse off, and if it's really bad may have to do it once more... It's also great for big events with several days of racing.. A side benefit is the pipe looks absolutely new, without any discoloring, and maintains the shine..
Old 06-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the feedback guys. Good stuff. Never thought of wiping down the pipe when it's hot. Crock pot,,,,,huh? Never heard of that one either. Carbon Off, again, another product that is new to me. Guess I need to crawl out from under my "electric rc" stuff and stay in touch with my "nitro side" a little more. This Carbon Off product, what retailers do you guys get it at in your areas?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Carbon Off, or get a crockpot fill it with coolant and let the pipe simmer until all the gunk falls off
+1 Both work Great !!!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if you race 1/8th make sure to get a pot big enough for the pipe as the small ones are only big enough for the 10th scale pipes
Slow cooking them works a treat and the pipe is clean and like new inside and out
Old 06-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Originally Posted by itchy b
if you race 1/8th make sure to get a pot big enough for the pipe as the small ones are only big enough for the 10th scale pipes
Slow cooking them works a treat and the pipe is clean and like new inside and out
+1
Old 06-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any equivalent products to "Carbon-Off" ?
I can't find it in Portugal...
Also can't find slow cookers anywhere...
Old 06-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Were do you buy carbon off from
Old 06-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc carnage
Were do you buy carbon off from
In Australia or in the US?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.