R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Novarossi Rs12 S3! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/5230-novarossi-rs12-s3.html)

hooked_on 05-15-2002 04:25 AM

Novarossi Rs12 S3!

Has anyone run the new Novarossi Rs12 S3 engine... i am interested to know how they run and they go speed wise against Mt12's, Jp Blacks etc..

Look forward to hearing from you all shortly!

acs 05-17-2002 09:08 PM

I don't think they are even released yet. We certainly wont see any in Aus for a couple of months anyway.

You can almost say that they will be great.:)

CRAZY SPEED 05-19-2002 08:34 AM

Yeah its supposed to produce 1.5Hp.pretty nice for a 3port.

PHANTOM 05-19-2002 09:11 AM

Mine is not a S3 but a S5, just run in today, and only one word to describe it...."Wow". With the factory settings, the thing is almost the fastest beast on the track, not to mention if I lean it down. The hottest it gets is about 100deg/c which is way below normal running temp yet so powerful. Even my own JP RS12 TS1 cannot hold a candle to it. You'll definately won't regret getting this engine.:D

ReflexNT 05-30-2002 10:18 AM

I want that engine..........

1 Attachment(s)
:flaming: called Paris Racing and they said they had no engines in stock (:o yeah right :o ) so I'm stuck with either an MT12 or an Innotech Collari .12 until it comes in.............
Oh well, good things come to those who wait!!!

David 05-30-2002 03:35 PM

Originally posted by PHANTOM
Mine is not a S3 but a S5, just run in today, and only one word to describe it...."Wow". With the factory settings, the thing is almost the fastest beast on the track, not to mention if I lean it down. The hottest it gets is about 100deg/c which is way below normal running temp yet so powerful. Even my own JP RS12 TS1 cannot hold a candle to it. You'll definately won't regret getting this engine.:D

im waiting for this to arrive in Australia to see it run against the JP black engine ill be buying one ot the other :D

ronin8451 05-31-2002 08:08 AM

My friend has the new MT-12 version of this engine and we'll be running it in this weekend on a XXX-NT. I'll let everyone know how it does. I'm skeptical about the "short rod" vs "long rod" . I love the old MT-12. Sounds like it's gonna be like the old Chevy small block 400, crappy rod angles and too short a rod mean more piston side-load at speed.

Motorman 05-31-2002 08:09 PM

LOOOOONNNNGGG RRROOOODDDDSSSS
Berry Goot!!

The S5 is the five port version of the RS 12 S3. The RS 12 is basically the same as the RB X12 and The Nova mega SX 12 internally.

I have had an RS 12 S3 for at least a year now, It sits in a box because I can make an MT run better and MT's don't scuff pistons at the exhaust port due to piston side loading from the short rod.

The Rex 12 Turbo is a long rod engine like the MT but has air foils cast into the transfer ports the case like the RB. (berry GOOT)

It appears Mugen is looking for an edge also as I have seen several variants of the MT 12 recently. There are at least three varieties of three port MT's out there as of the last couple of months. The rear cover screws are different depending on what is in them. There are 4 different kinds of rear cover screws being used on them now. I can tell what the internal differences are by looking at the screws on the cover now.

nitro tc3 06-11-2002 01:24 PM

The difference between the s5 and s3 is that the s5 is 5 port and has a turbo plug and crank.I just bought an s5 the other day.It runs great in my tc3 .

BallPy 06-14-2002 08:27 AM

What about the OS TR .12? I have one and it is awsome. It is as nice as a JP but for stock it is easier to tune and runs, I think, better than the MT.:cool:

ozzie boy 06-14-2002 07:35 PM

Originally posted by David

im waiting for this to arrive in Australia to see it run against the JP black engine ill be buying one ot the other :D

hey dave there is a rs12 s3 in stock at radio sports in fairy meadow for 440

but keep ur hands off it, its mine :smile:

only jokin but it looks like its a nice mill

VenomWorldOrder 06-16-2002 01:55 AM

not another bloody engine to contend with:rolleyes: :lol: i just recently got a rs12 and i'm finding i'm already chasing the jp's:o

or is it my driving that's letting me down??:confused: nah it's gotta be the engine :D :ha:

ozzie boy 06-16-2002 11:21 PM

i gues when i get my v1r with a rs12 s3 in it ill be racing up at morebank alot

so all i gotta do now is sell my t-maxx and ob4 that keeps letting me down when i need it the most:flaming: