R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-14-2011, 05:03 AM   #16
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezatec View Post
Few more questions. What airgap you have on throttle? And How many turns on HSN to close?? You say you dont have a temp gauge. Use saliva on your finger, saliva will evaporate slowly, If it boils off you are running too high and too lean. Answer question first.
The idle airgap??

The airgap on throttle is wide open i guess, on idle is about 1mm to 1.5mm it seems to idle good on both around those measurements.

Saliva does not boil off, even after idling for 2-3 minutes
akirahz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

turns are full turns.
guys count the 1/2 turns to make it easier to keep track of how far they have gone when setting
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

Ah okay thanks itchy

Well i think i found my problem.. i think it is the fuel.. my tuned pipe is strange to me.. its like its been welded together by someone, and it has a hole punched in it where one of the fuel lines was just stuffed into.. no fitting or nothing, and whats stranger, the fuel line is INSIDE the pipe? Wouldnt that cause problems? Blocking the exhaust? Pressure leaks?

heres a picture of it, u can see, its just stuffed inside the pipe there is no fitting

Im not sure where to get a replacement for this, i havent found one like it for sale.. was this custom made ya think?

Old 06-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Okay looks like that was the problem, the yellow fuel line going into the pipe was way to far up the pipe, there was about 3 to 4 inches worth of fuel tubing stuffed down into the exhaust pipe.

I put a new one on it that was much shorter, so the fuel tube only went in about 3/8ths of an inch and boom, she fired right up and drives great! Full throttle even works again now and i let it idle for the remaining 2/3rds of the fuel to make sure it was running strong and smooth

Thanks for all your help fellas - You we're all very informative and polite to me which i appreciate greatly, it has enticed me to use this forum from now on for my RC questions.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:39 AM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirahz View Post
Okay looks like that was the problem, the yellow fuel line going into the pipe was way to far up the pipe, there was about 3 to 4 inches worth of fuel tubing stuffed down into the exhaust pipe.

I put a new one on it that was much shorter, so the fuel tube only went in about 3/8ths of an inch and boom, she fired right up and drives great! Full throttle even works again now and i let it idle for the remaining 2/3rds of the fuel to make sure it was running strong and smooth

Thanks for all your help fellas - You we're all very informative and polite to me which i appreciate greatly, it has enticed me to use this forum from now on for my RC questions.
There's no fuel pressure tube nipple on the PIPE??? Then perhaps if you find a nipple, put some fuel tube around it will it jam in there and seal the hole?

Car looks immaculate, you know you are doing it hard with that chassis configuration so don't spend too much $$$ on it, good on you for enjoying it and hope you have a blast!
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #21
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirahz View Post
Anytime, glad to see that you have it running well now. From the sounds of it, a lot of your tune issues might be because of that missing pressure nipple on the pipe all along, even the running hot, might have been because the poor fuel pressure was causing it to run lean at critical times through the rev range.

While you have a working fix there now, something i would do is either repair that pipe and add a nipple to it, or get a new pipe, so many little niggles can be had just by having low fuel pressures, or leaky fuel line.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote