R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-06-2004, 06:45 AM   #31
jag
Tech Master

Default Re: mannn!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLION
Gezzzzzzzzzzzzz Jag I back you up and you mess it all up I too have both and The Mugan is the better car!!!! All kidding aside now that we totally cornfused this poor guy On short to mid tracks I like the Mug. on the bigger tracks I like the serp BUT!!! if it's a long important race and the other drivers are a little wild then the mugan is the choice its tougher and can survive hits that a Serpent can't
I have heard and seen that the Mugen is tough. My first impressions of the 710 is that it is pretty strong. I was banging mine off the boards all afternoon Sunday and the worst thing that happened was a popped ballcup. I guess only time will tell.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:11 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
HAHAHA U ARE TOO FUNNY!!CHOCO
Have to be choco, some folks here are fiercely loyal to a particular brand or manufacturer. They could be agents, employees, spies, girlfriends, wives of these manufacturers! One never know!
Old 10-06-2004, 07:30 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by KMac
....and a cracked front diff?

LMAO! Its been replaced .

I'll be back up there the 17th. For round 2

Last edited by bhambrent; 10-06-2004 at 07:38 PM.
bhambrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:17 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Default yep!!!

Dun tell any one but I'm really OO7 Hellion....Da...Hellion the RC spy Jag : The Mugan,Serpent is a Ford Chev. thing! I kid a lot but I think the 710 is a great car ! I sold mine but still enjoy driving the 705
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:36 AM   #35
Tech Adept

Default 710 / G4

Props goes to the 710 and the Active steering characteristics but aside from that i'd stick with the G4 and its low CG its true what they say about how everything depends on the support you get from you LHS. Engine wise id stick to NSR or RB as long as its a 5 port. The way it is now, you will need all the help you can get to be competitive. And another thing which has to be given importance just as much is the servo's stick to high speed high torque levels.
Mr. Shims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 12:10 PM   #36
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Depends on the type of track you are racing. I would say hands down if it is a technical short track where you are off throttle quite a bit the the NTC3 is the best choice.... just stock up on front gears if you run a oneway (which you should) because they breaks VERY easily.

On long tracks I loved my Serpent. There is not a more stable car IMO while on throttle and the car is absolutely loaded with tuning options. The centax clutch may be difficult for beginners.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 12:28 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Originally posted by JKA
On long tracks I loved my Serpent. There is not a more stable car IMO while on throttle and the car is absolutely loaded with tuning options. The centax clutch may be difficult for beginners.
Just follow the instruction in the FAQ

At the end of the day, you're going to get as many opinions about which car is good, as there are models on the market.
Is it not best to buy the car which is wining the most races? Hmm, maybe, but then maybe it has the best drivers

Best idea is to take the opinions given here - check out what level of support is available for each one which you like at your track/LHS and also where you can get good feedback via the internet.

Do your research as to what suits you best - do it well and you won't regret what ever you buy.

On the other hand, just buy whatever wins the WC

markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:14 AM   #38
Tech Elite

for me im with ntc3 all the way.. always reliable until nw.
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:22 AM   #39
Tech Master

R40 TWO time ROAR national champion.
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:40 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by wagonman72
R40 TWO time ROAR national champion.
Or the 710: European Champion and 7 european national titles this year.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:58 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Or the 710: European Champion and 7 european national titles this year.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:51 PM   #42
Tech Master

If you are looking for a car with race winning performance and strength then there are only four I can think of to look at:

Kyosho V-one
Mugen MTX3
Serpent 710
Kyosho FW05
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

listen,there are alot of good cars out there...all with pluses and minuses....I love my R40....and its one of the fastest at our track.....but there are 710'S that run real well,TC3's that are right there....and last week a guy with a Mugen showed up...and he was silly fast.......

But as a newcomer to racing, I would lean towards getting a car that is not foreign to the guys who you will be racing with....They can help you with set-ups......show you the tricks involved to maintaining your car,what spares to stock,etc,,,,The fastest car in the world won't do you any good if you are not familiar with it...and why spend a season learning by yourself,when the knowledge is a pit stall away?....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:41 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
listen,there are alot of good cars out there...all with pluses and minuses....I love my R40....and its one of the fastest at our track.....but there are 710'S that run real well,TC3's that are right there....and last week a guy with a Mugen showed up...and he was silly fast.......

But as a newcomer to racing, I would lean towards getting a car that is not foreign to the guys who you will be racing with....They can help you with set-ups......show you the tricks involved to maintaining your car,what spares to stock,etc,,,,The fastest car in the world won't do you any good if you are not familiar with it...and why spend a season learning by yourself,when the knowledge is a pit stall away?....
exactly.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:15 PM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

I love my NTC3; it's fast, handles well, and is reasonably priced. It's just a little too fragile for American tracks (read: doesn't like wooden boards). I'd like to drive it on the grass-bordered European tracks, though.

But I've always had good luck with Serpents; they stock parts for obsolete models, durable, good fit-and-finish, and the parts don't seem to develop much slop over time (my 9 year-old Excel is still pretty slop-free). So the 710 would get my vote.
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote