R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-11-2004, 10:50 AM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For those who had to pay a lot for the car and more for the hop ups, I know I'd feel the same way if I were in your shoes. Just remember that RD Logics is not responsible for anything (overpricing, poor support and availability) that has happened in the past. It might not even be TM's fault since parts availability in other countries were excellent. I think we should just be thankful that this car, through RD Logics will get the recognition and chance it deserves. The car is actually one of the best I've driven.
G4 has been around for so many years now, but RD Logic's
VERY FIRST shipment is barely on its way to the US. It's involvement with this car has just begun, so be a little conservative with your expectations. RD Logics has always been the company to make the necessary changes and modifications to improve its products, and it will do the same for the G4.
Leo V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:16 PM   #77
Tech Regular

It took them long enough to come out with this steering upgrade and it sucks. Seems like they are just throwing crap out there, we buy it, find out it doesnt work for them and then they go back to the drawing board. Look at the pics KMAC posted. This is crap. I hope RD Logics comes out with something good for the steering.

Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:13 PM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

give us a little time and I am sure we will correct some of the issues you all have been discussing. It appears there was a cad problem or a translation issue when the mold dies were cut. Thats the only comments I can make now as my cars arent even in my posession yet. Leo has only been running the car a month now and the other team guys don't have their cars yet either. We know of many issues and believe me we have already started to work on them but it will take a few months.

from looking at the picture it looks like a ball depth issue that is causing the travel issue. the balls sit deeper on one side than the other.

Last edited by Motorman; 10-11-2004 at 09:20 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:11 PM   #79
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

BoCal..What's up Pare!!! I too am working on my G4, and will be practicing again at both Rev and CP. BTW you'll love the car! Glad RD Logics is bringing them in!! Yes, the car does have it's flaws. Steering would be the #1 issue. However, not only me, but other's on this board that have the G4, will be much much happier, once the issues have been resolved! Just ashame that it took this long. =(. Good luck RD Logics!!! See you at the track BoCal!!
Jspecrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:16 AM   #80
Tech Fanatic

While some are reporting problems and some are just jumping on the band wagon... I'm not having any problems with my steering, steering setup or belt rubbing the steering rack what so ever... That's not to say something is not happening, but I would suggest if we all work at this and put our heads together, this can be a very easy fix or easy work around. Why slam K-factory and TM on the boards??? There's are better ways at going at this then slamming and flaming on every post... I do understand folks frustrations and there right to say how they feel. I wish we could start a tread just for the purpose of posting work arounds, fixes, and bullet proofing of the G4... Every car I've had has has some kind of issues... NTC3... R40... Mugen MTX3... I don't see Serpent 710 owners, NTC3, nor MTX3 owners posting about there cars flaws like G4 owners... To bullet proof the MTX3, you have to use quite a few 1/8 MRX3 parts and still there belts from there 1/8 scale car loose there teeth and snap... The NTC3 has had plastic issues from day 1... and all will say is the most fragle of all Nitro cars... One little bump... There goes another A-arm... I can go on, but I'm trying to show something here... Every car has issues... The G4 is no different and really the problems some are having with there new steering system setup, I believe can be fixed... RD Logics just got this car and are going by what is posted on the treads... ie. what posters are posting here... I'll be at Revelation this Thursday, if BoCal or Motorman want to drive my car and check and see how I have it built, they are more then welcome too... They're both rep's of RD Logics, so fixes and new parts info might come from there input... Hopefully, there can be a seperate thread started on work-arounds and fixes, so that we can leave this forum for more positive posting... and problems and fixes can started in a different forum... Jspecrcr, I'll be at Revelation after 1pm Thursday, hope to see there as well..

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:36 AM   #81
Tech Master

Default Revelation

Rc_Alan,

I'll be at Revelation late afternoon til 9-10 pm on Thursday.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:43 PM   #82
Tech Addict

Default About support for the G4

About support for the G4
we have never a problem with parts from TM supply too us its very good.
we have always 99,9% in stock i think its a problem of the shops they order to less

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:19 PM   #83
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by BoCal
For those who had to pay a lot for the car and more for the hop ups, I know I'd feel the same way if I were in your shoes. Just remember that RD Logics is not responsible for anything (overpricing, poor support and availability) that has happened in the past. It might not even be TM's fault since parts availability in other countries were excellent. I think we should just be thankful that this car, through RD Logics will get the recognition and chance it deserves. The car is actually one of the best I've driven.
G4 has been around for so many years now, but RD Logic's
VERY FIRST shipment is barely on its way to the US. It's involvement with this car has just begun, so be a little conservative with your expectations. RD Logics has always been the company to make the necessary changes and modifications to improve its products, and it will do the same for the G4.
Bocal is this 1st shipment of cars you have coming available for purchase, I am interested in the new evo version as a second car to the one I am currently running. and if so how do I go about getting one?

Thanks,
Bryan
Pitstops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:19 AM   #84
Tech Regular

Rc_Alan, See you there as well! I'll be out of work by 3p.m. I just dread the traffic on the 210 every afternoon.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:12 PM   #85
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi BoCal,

Will RDLogic be having the new steering system soon?
cvccsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:25 PM   #86
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes we have them.

see you at the chicago model show

leo had a discussion wuith gary today and will have a discussion with david tomorrow. will call you after I get back.

volume cars should be in stock next week. you can get them from RD directly but it is best to contact your RD dealer or better yet get your local hobby shop to order it and become an RD dealer as it will cost you significantly less.

TM is regrouping at the moment I believe because of the volume of the order we have placed. LOL
I was even shocked to put it mildly

Last edited by Motorman; 10-13-2004 at 07:31 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:48 PM   #87
Tech Regular

BoCal/Rc_Alan, sorry fellas but can't make it to the track tomorrow night. I forgot it's my dang B-day tomorrow. I'll be there Saturday afternoon though.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:01 PM   #88
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jspecrcr
BoCal/Rc_Alan, sorry fellas but can't make it to the track tomorrow night. I forgot it's my dang B-day tomorrow. I'll be there Saturday afternoon though.
You're not going to celebrate it with the family, are you?
Just bring a couple of six pack to the track and we'll sing you "happy birthday".
Old 10-14-2004, 01:45 AM   #89
Tech Fanatic

Funny... My B-Day is this Saturday... Guess where I'll be??? At the track... BoCal... I'll be at Revelation at about 3pm Thursday afternoon... Hope to see you there...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 07:42 AM   #90
Tech Regular

Rc-alan, Happy early B-day!! BoCal im still working on our tire thing. I'll keep you posted! See you guyz at the track!!!