R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-06-2004, 05:24 AM   #46
Tech Regular

If anyone has any dust covers for the old steering system i would be interested in them. I have ordered them from RCNUTS but i don't think he has any or can get anymore. I like the old steering system, but when i ordered the new slider it only came with 3 dust covers and i would like extra's. If anyone can help me out that would be cool.

Thanks,
Mike
budlightnmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:40 AM   #47
Tech Regular

schlitzinmymitts,

make your own dust covers by going to Home Depot and getting some of their thin window insulation (the stuff on a roll with the adhesive on the back). Use a couple of different sizes of thin metal round tube to punch out the holes and the round shape. Now, you can make yourself a million of them.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 05:49 AM   #48
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett.w

If the G4 was that good dont you think that it WOULD be well supported, distributed etc.

No. The G4 is that good, but TM failed to provide the support, distribution, parts, etc.....necessary for the car to get where the others are. That does not mean that the car doesn't perform; it does. Ask Josh Cyrul. You can bet if he hadn't had a falling out with Trinity he would still be driving the G4 and it would be more popular due to that alone.

Now, with RD Logics behind it hopefully it will get some much needed support, distribution, etc....and you will see it becoming more and more popular.

Performance doesn't necessarily lead to popularity and vice versa.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 06:30 AM   #49
Tech Regular

KMAC,
Did you ever end up making those inserts that go in to the sliding steering thing. I rmemeber you were making something for that or did you just give up. I like the old steering system better. I think the new one isn't going to solve any problems.

Let me know if you made any of thoee inserts.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-06-2004, 07:50 AM   #50
Nitro Tech

Don't waste your time on debating which car is better! There is no story end. Many people just judge some cars that they don't have even never see it. That is not fair. I have both G4 and 710 [I also (ever) have many other kits]. I feel both of them have goody and badly parts. 710 has the best top speed acceleration and G4 has the best corner speed. About badly parts that I don't want to say,sorry!

If you want to become an awesome driver,you need to play all cars. Many of my friends bought every racing cars when it came out. And play for 3 months or so. Then he will know if this new kit is good for him or not! You will know the different places. A new kit may good for me but not good for you. But if you never try,you will never know. Maybe you can get better results with another kit,who knows right? But if you believe what car can let you win,you will know that the fact is ruthless.

oops..talk too much today....sorry!
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 08:01 AM   #51
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett.w
Please correct me if im wrong but wasnt the g4 out before the 710 and if so why didnt serpent copy all the great things the g4 is good for?
Quote:
Originally posted by KMac
Ask Josh Cyrul. You can bet if he hadn't had a falling out with Trinity he would still be driving the G4 and it would be more popular due to that alone.
You let me associate with..............RRR....
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:12 AM   #52
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Don't waste your time on debating which car is better! There is no story end. Many people just judge some cars that they don't have even never see it. That is not fair..........................

If you want to become an awesome driver,you need to test all cars. ...............Then you will know if a kit is good for you or not! You will get to know the differences. A new kit may be good for me but not good for you. But if you never try,you will never know. Maybe you can get better results with another kit, who knows right? But if you believe that a certain car can let you win, you will know that the fact is ruthless......

DINO

Edited a bit your post (SORRY)....agree 100% with it.

กกกก AMEN !!!!!

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 02:56 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes RD moved into the protech power warehouse to provide for more expansion. Yes they are now in Torrence.

Our G4EVO kits will have the 7075 chassis upgrade in them. They should stret retail around 260.00 here in the US.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:23 AM   #54
Tech Addict

Default New TM The Border evo II G4

New TM The Border evo II G4.
is coming this week in a special limited edition with the new steering,and blocks and much more
all the nice goodies included and free TM -shirt and free Kawahara body
we will post soon the complete hop-up line thats included in the kit.

a absolute complete wanna have

http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...cat=389&page=1

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:20 AM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
yes RD moved into the protech power warehouse to provide for more expansion. Yes they are now in Torrence.

Our G4EVO kits will have the 7075 chassis upgrade in them. They should stret retail around 260.00 here in the US.
looks like you got yourself a competitor right on your own threads subject
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:53 AM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default RD Logics G4

The first shipment is coming next week. You're right Motorman, it will come with the blue 7075 chassis, and the Retail is going to be $249.
Leo V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:07 AM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

will RD Logic package it with their In-Line Pipe?
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:14 AM   #58
Tech Addict

Dennis, will RD package a upgrade kit for us with stock g4's? Mine needs all the latest goodies, but please no bling bling.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:46 AM   #59
Tech Regular

sounds good, remember when you had to pay 350 for the stock g4 The g4 is finally getting some press
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:08 PM   #60
Tech Regular

kinda sucks that most of us bought the stock e-class and now have to spend hundreds extra on top of what we already spent when you can buy a kit for 269 with all the needed hop ups. Kinda bullcrap i think. These parts can't cost that much to make. THey are raping us on these prices for individual pieces. They need to offer and "upgrade" package.

Mike