R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-12-2002, 05:24 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Buying a nitro....need honest opinions......

I'm buying a nitro within the next couple of weeks. I've been racing elec. touring for awhile, and I will be racing it. I'm looking at the NTC3, the new HPI and the trinity reflex. I'm kinda looking more towards the TC3, but I'm wondering if any of you have any opinions on any of the others......Thanks for the help!
DJ_GenR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 06:11 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

The ntc3 is going to be the fastest out of the box and is easy to get a good setup on. I'd favor the TC3 also although it is alittle weak in some areas but parts are cheap.
Distroey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 06:28 PM   #3
Tech Regular

The MTX-2, NTC3, Reflex/V1R are your top of the heap right now. My preferance is in order HPI is not in the same leage here. However if you do not have a setup board then after inital setup you will need one to make changes to your system. Pillow ball suspension is better, but more work. Nitro is more work than the electric's are. I run an XRay T1 also.
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 07:17 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, I'm kinda steering towards the NTC3.....I'll hit up the NTC3 forum to get some more info....thanks for the help!
Old 05-12-2002, 08:32 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HI DJ_GenR8 (Phil)

Hehehee nice to see you are going to Nitro. You should talk Andre or Tim about NTC3. Both of them has one. Actually, John, Jamar and I saw Tim's NTC3. All of us agreed he have his best race ever on 5/4 with his new NTC3 ( I believe he haven't put on a setup board yet).

By the way, we have move to the parking lot at Irondequoit Mall, behind Taco bell. Come out and run with us with ur mod electric TC or ur new nitro~

P.S. McCoy still get 1 NTC3 on his shelf get it ASAP if you are looking for it!!
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 10:42 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Whats up Lee!!! Yeah, I'll probably be out next week, if not, the week after. I will probably just run nitro if I have the car all put together.....see ya soon!
Old 05-12-2002, 11:23 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looking forward to see you~~~

I'll be running my Superten Fw04 with OS12LD in stock class, I hope they will let me run it in stock. Heheheee Oh well it's John's fault, he use my Superten FW04 and won the mod main on 5/4.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 11:07 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to DvSRaceR

hey generate y dont you just stick to electric.. nitro is for the big doggs!
DvSRaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 03:24 PM   #9
NvS
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to NvS

i'm with DvSRACER.... Nitro is for big boys.... hehe
NvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 04:43 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, that must be why you guys can't keep your cars from breaking.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:09 PM   #11
Tech Elite

We have some NTC3, Mugen and V1R at our track. They all seem equally competitive in the right hands. To be honest you really should get a car based on parts availability (not necessarily from LHS I mail order almost all my parts) and if you are a hopup hound hopup availability.

I was actually beating out a NTC3 with a great driver last race day with my V1R until my one-way bearing slipped on the 2nd last lap 2nd place by a couple of seconds.

I actually think the best VALUE FOR MONEY right now has to be either Mugen Pro-Spec or V1RR for sure. Come with all the hopups you need plus a centax clutch.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 11:51 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice

tg10r!!
drool monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 09:34 PM   #13
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: Buying a nitro....need honest opinions......

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ_GenR8
I'm buying a nitro within the next couple of weeks. I've been racing elec. touring for awhile, and I will be racing it. I'm looking at the NTC3, the new HPI and the trinity reflex. I'm kinda looking more towards the TC3, but I'm wondering if any of you have any opinions on any of the others......Thanks for the help!
If you like Nitro TC3, then go for it. It's a good car and was designed for racing. Do buy the car you like, not what others wanted you to. By the way, this is Shaft drive. So, if you've been driven belt drive, this will be a new experience for you. I would recommend you to search within TC3 forum. This way you'll learn what TC3 have to say about their cars.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote