R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2004, 10:26 AM   #256
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
I only won by luck! The other 2 good drivers didnt turn up enough so there will be a big fight for the title this year!

Cheers
Well, that's racing. A bit of luck is needed here and there. Anyway, defend but also attack the title in the new class.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:55 AM   #257
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

yes sow we used 4 scales for the weights
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:32 PM   #258
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorman
yes sow we used 4 scales for the weights
Thanks. Sounds like something worth me investigating also.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 09:20 PM   #259
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 177
Default

Anybody knows what is Masami's father doing in the Kyosho team in the picture?? Was he helping the team or just having holiday there?? I though he already annouced that he retired from RC???
MARKANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 09:48 PM   #260
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by MARKANO
Anybody knows what is Masami's father doing in the Kyosho team in the picture?? Was he helping the team or just having holiday there?? I though he already annouced that he retired from RC???
Part time consultant and team manager for Kyosho during the WC.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:38 AM   #261
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default rear opening

notice that at the rear window the opening/cut part is no longer round 70 mm, can see them being cut following the window screen dimension... i guess body rules changes has been made by ifmar ...i didn't notice since just now...

now i can cut my rear(b/shell) end opening bigger..
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:49 AM   #262
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 977
Default Re: rear opening

Quote:
Originally posted by rcabj
notice that at the rear window the opening/cut part is no longer round 70 mm, can see them being cut following the window screen dimension... i guess body rules changes has been made by ifmar ...i didn't notice since just now...

now i can cut my rear(b/shell) end opening bigger..
The rear window cutout was always free.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:53 AM   #263
Tech Elite
 
spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: SydNeeeeY
Posts: 4,559
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: rear opening

Quote:
Originally posted by rcabj
notice that at the rear window the opening/cut part is no longer round 70 mm, can see them being cut following the window screen dimension... i guess body rules changes has been made by ifmar ...i didn't notice since just now...

now i can cut my rear(b/shell) end opening bigger..
many races in our country intepreted the rules wrongly, they dont understand the difference between a cooling hole, refueling hole, rear and side windows, if you read the ifmar rules, the rear screen can be open as big as you want it.
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:55 AM   #264
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: rear opening

Quote:
Originally posted by spawn
if you read the ifmar rules, the rear screen can be open as big as you want it.
You beat me to it. Ummm, I think it should also be added that the rear windscreen opening can be as big as possible within the windscreen boundaries of the shell permitting. Lest someone interprets it differently and take the whole rear bonet out !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:22 AM   #265
Tech Elite
 
spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: SydNeeeeY
Posts: 4,559
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: rear opening

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
You beat me to it. Ummm, I think it should also be added that the rear windscreen opening can be as big as possible within the windscreen boundaries of the shell permitting. Lest someone interprets it differently and take the whole rear bonet out !
haha! I still have the bodyshell that has no tunning screw hole in the rear for the fear of breaching the wierd restricted 60mm hole in the rear windscreen rule.
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:11 AM   #266
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: rear opening

Quote:
Originally posted by spawn
haha! I still have the bodyshell that has no tunning screw hole in the rear for the fear of breaching the wierd restricted 60mm hole in the rear windscreen rule.
I've not heard of a restriction in the window cut out in any of the ruling bodies (BRCA/EFRA/IFMAR/ROAR etc), as far as I know the whole rear window can be removed.
BRCA has a 50mm restriction in the front windshield, while EFRA has it at 60mm.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:24 AM   #267
Tech Elite
 
spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: SydNeeeeY
Posts: 4,559
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rear opening

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
I've not heard of a restriction in the window cut out in any of the ruling bodies (BRCA/EFRA/IFMAR/ROAR etc), as far as I know the whole rear window can be removed.
BRCA has a 50mm restriction in the front windshield, while EFRA has it at 60mm.
well the local organisers finally realised that after pointing out to them IFMAR rules.
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:45 AM   #268
Tech Elite
 
rcabj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: johor, west malaysia
Posts: 4,682
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i guess all this while some organisers or LHS here must have got confuse on this matter....
__________________
BLacK cRoW RaCiNg TeaM
JBRCC
TEAM ORANGE
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:03 PM   #269
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Auckland,New Zealand
Posts: 590
Default

Can anyone tell me if Team asscoiated sent ant of there drivers to the worlds?
Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:09 PM   #270
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett.w
Can anyone tell me if Team asscoiated sent ant of there drivers to the worlds?
From what I knew, there was three drivers: M. Pavidis, B. Baker and C. Drescher
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BJ4 Worlds CCristo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-23-2008 04:19 PM
540 Worlds Coxy Australian Racing 109 09-21-2004 06:43 AM
Pre-Worlds Again? FL State Race At Worlds Track Aug 21-22 AdrianM Electric On-Road 46 07-31-2004 08:06 PM
2004 On Road Worlds Warm Up & Worlds At Full Throttle Speedway AdrianM Electric On-Road 418 05-05-2004 10:38 AM
Pre Worlds Sandman Electric On-Road 2 04-29-2004 07:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net