R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2004, 01:49 PM   #211
Tech Adept
 
Bandeira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 167
Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Choco, they must have got them in the end because both MS and MG had them on in the finals. Maybe ...
I don't if they had got them, because once ( I think it was in the subfinals, or maybe be on practice) I saw them using Fast Tyres!
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:49 PM   #212
Tech Adept
 
Bandeira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 167
Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandeira
I don't if they had got them, because once ( I think it was in the subfinals, or maybe be on practice) I saw them using Fast Tyres!
Actually they are almost turning into mugen... Mugen tyres, mugen front springs... etc...
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:09 PM   #213
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,283
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mikemyers
To "wad" - many of those pictures are on the rc-racing.com area, in item #141 in the on-road conference. They are rather big, so will take a while to download.
Thanks!!
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:13 PM   #214
Tech Elite
 
THeGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to THeGame
Default Masami

Does anyone know if Masami still runs for Yokomo ?

I think its Bs that more MF didnt show up.

I would like to have seen Hara Lay the smack down to all them K cars.... that Mofo is on a ROOLLLL...
__________________
Team Gravity Rc - G's R/C Raceway and Hobbies - Waldorf RC - TheTrack
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:47 AM   #215
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: A beautiful place in the Isle of Borneo
Posts: 153
Default

I don't want to take anything away from kyosho/sirio but winning the worlds did not surprised me at all.Them not winning would have surprised me.From the very beginning judging their presence it's obvious what car would win it.They have the perfect combination..car,setup,engine and most important drivers.Simply almost all the very best drivers drives kyosho.So I guess if other manufacturers wants glory they simply have to pay top $$ to hire these guys. Guess mugen should now consider putting Surikarn on their payroll cos that boy is going places.BTW congrats to all winners especially Teddy Syah.He made this part of the world proud.
Zizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:57 AM   #216
Tech Addict
 
mikemyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 739
Default

From being at the race, I don´t really agree with that. Associated, Kyosho, Mugen, and Serpent all had extremely talented drivers, fully capable of winning this event. Mark Pavidis won the 200mm Worlds Cup. Michael Salven won the European Championships. Mike Swauger won the Winternats.

All the top engine brands were capable of very high speeds. According to the speed tests done with the radar gun, the Sirio did not get the highest speed, and all the engine brands had more than enough speed to win.

The full list of the changes made to the Kyosho V-One-RRR are listed in the discussion item on SGRID. Both Josh Cyrul and the designer of the car explained in great detail everything that was changed from the previous version of the car. The combination of all those changes made a tremendous difference in the handling of the car.


What happened at this race, is we had a VERY difficult track that really made all the drivers work to get as much out of their car as it was capable of. We had all the best of the best in one place at the same time. Watching the cars, it became obvious as to who was struggling, and who was doing best.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 07:40 AM   #217
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 251
Default Kyosho

Hi,

Today I have spoken to someone of Team Serpent Holland, and he told me that the reason for the tration rolling problem was easy.
They use very rigid suspension-arms which make the car very fast on flat tracks.
The track in Brazil was very bumpy, so they had a problem here.
The fact that Salven and Green made the Final was due the fact that those are two very very good drivers.

The Kyosho uses arms with more flex in it, so the bumps are no problems for them. This fact makes the car more capable of concering the bumps on bumpy tracs.
This can also be seen on the German track of Oberhausen.

This knowing makes me a little bit disapointed, why did Serpent not come out with softer arms?

Bye Thomas
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 07:55 AM   #218
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mikemyers
From being at the race, I don´t really agree with that. Associated, Kyosho, Mugen, and Serpent all had extremely talented drivers, fully capable of winning this event. Mark Pavidis won the 200mm Worlds Cup. Michael Salven won the European Championships. Mike Swauger won the Winternats.

All the top engine brands were capable of very high speeds. According to the speed tests done with the radar gun, the Sirio did not get the highest speed, and all the engine brands had more than enough speed to win.

The full list of the changes made to the Kyosho V-One-RRR are listed in the discussion item on SGRID. Both Josh Cyrul and the designer of the car explained in great detail everything that was changed from the previous version of the car. The combination of all those changes made a tremendous difference in the handling of the car.


What happened at this race, is we had a VERY difficult track that really made all the drivers work to get as much out of their car as it was capable of. We had all the best of the best in one place at the same time. Watching the cars, it became obvious as to who was struggling, and who was doing best.
Mike, I looked and looked but couldn't find the discussions on the mods done to the RRR. Can you point out the conference and item number please?

Thanks!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:05 AM   #219
X4
Tech Fanatic
 
X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 956
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I have to agree with Zizu on this one. It seems like the other manufacturers were not very much into this recent world event. For whatever reason, we would never know.

Many many top drivers were not present, like hara, fukuda, masami, surikarn and many more.

However, i will take nothing away from Adrien Bertin and Josh cyrul (and Kyosho) as i believe they are extremely fast and really Top world class drivers. Especially Adrien Bertin! Congrats to him!

This event really just showed how much Kyosho wanted the title and they totally deserve it but..... i believe if that the other manufacturers took it as seriously as Kyosho did (which none of us know why they didn't), it would have been a much closer fight between the best of the best of the world.

My 2 cents
X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:39 AM   #220
Tech Addict
 
mikemyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 739
Default

From what I saw on the track, the suspension arms beng rigid or flexible did not seem to be a major factor. I photographed both cars going over the bumps, and both got airborne. If anything, the front end of the Kyosho cars bumped up the highest. With the Serpent cars, it was the rear end that got up in the air. Check all the close-up photos and you can see this. Besides, the traction rolling problem was not at the places in the track where the bumps were.

What is also really strange, is Michael and his mechanic were sitting right next to me as Mauricio Marques was driving, and Michael was surprised that Mauricio´s car was having no problem handling the areas where Michael had to be so careful as to not traction roll. Michael later borrowed Maurizio´s car to check it out, but it was "stock".

The explanation of the Kyosho RRR changes is in response #118 in item #125. You will find a LOT of changes to lower the CG, as well as changes to make the car more adjustable. One of the design goals they told me was to improve the handling of the car on a bumpy track.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:46 AM   #221
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default Re: Kyosho

Quote:
Originally posted by 840918001
This knowing makes me a little bit disapointed, why did Serpent not come out with softer arms?
Good question. Did Serpent joins the Pre-world? I don't know, but do they also already produce softer arm (new arm)? I assume they already know if the track for the WC is bumpy, how come they are using the stiff arm?
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:48 AM   #222
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mikemyers
What is also really strange, is Michael and his mechanic were sitting right next to me as Mauricio Marques was driving, and Michael was surprised that Mauricio´s car was having no problem handling the areas where Michael had to be so careful as to not traction roll. Michael later borrowed Maurizio´s car to check it out, but it was "stock"
very very strange indeed
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:53 AM   #223
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Kyosho

Quote:
Originally posted by 840918001

The Kyosho uses arms with more flex in it, so the bumps are no problems for them. This fact makes the car more capable of concering the bumps on bumpy tracs.
This can also be seen on the German track of Oberhausen.
Aha, I see, that was the reason for two 710s on the podium (Salven taking the win) at Oberhausen and a total of 5 710s in the final? or am I missing something?

Last edited by markp27; 10-19-2004 at 10:06 AM.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:39 PM   #224
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandeira
I don't if they had got them, because once ( I think it was in the subfinals, or maybe be on practice) I saw them using Fast Tyres!
the tires are still at the customs.... The tires they used where from drivers who ended in the lower finals....
Potje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:45 PM   #225
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Potje
the tires are still at the customs.... The tires they used where from drivers who ended in the lower finals....
That's just unbelievable ...

__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BJ4 Worlds CCristo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-23-2008 04:19 PM
540 Worlds Coxy Australian Racing 109 09-21-2004 06:43 AM
Pre-Worlds Again? FL State Race At Worlds Track Aug 21-22 AdrianM Electric On-Road 46 07-31-2004 08:06 PM
2004 On Road Worlds Warm Up & Worlds At Full Throttle Speedway AdrianM Electric On-Road 418 05-05-2004 10:38 AM
Pre Worlds Sandman Electric On-Road 2 04-29-2004 07:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:35 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net