Wiki Posts
Search

Team Shepherd America

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool Team Shepherd and CEFX Part Ways!

Last monday Team Shepherd and CEFX parted ways. Team Shepherd now has a new distributor here in the US... We wish them the best of luck as well as CEFX! You can check the article out at www.rcinsider.com

www.rcinsider.com
Old 05-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Suspended

Best of luck collegues!
Old 05-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Best of luck collegues!

Thank you.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 PM
kmh
Tech Addict

Whats the ETA for kits in the US?
Old 05-25-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kmh
Whats the ETA for kits in the US?
We should have them in a week or week in a half.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default Dealer

Looks like Team Shepherd America has everything going in the right direction. TMA Motorsports and our customers are very excited!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, I have move to Team Capricorn and am looking forward racing with them.

Remember anyone looking for a Shepherd car and or parts PM me and I will send you pics of what I have.

Mark Sweeney

Originally Posted by ltrdude
Mark ,are you going to follow Josh and run Capricorn??
Old 05-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ordered a Velox V10 ELEVEN today from Robert at Ashford Hobby. Looking forward to driving this car! Shepherd America is a great move and has restored confidence in the US. Beautiful cars!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrSlow
Ordered a Velox V10 ELEVEN today from Robert at Ashford Hobby. Looking forward to driving this car! Shepherd America is a great move and has restored confidence in the US. Beautiful cars!

Now that you will be running a Shepherd you need to get rid of that "MrSlow" avatar.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Congrats Team Shepherd,

I have been racing the hobby cup hosted by the Shepherd family.

My wife is from the States so I am about to move from Europe to the States.

I quit racing more then 5 years ago. At the time I was driving a Speed. I am planning to take that car incl parts with me to the states, but i am considering buying a Velox V10. When i started RC racing i use to drive 1/10 235mm cars. Racing was more fun and less expensive.

I always used Picco engines but I cant find a lot of info/experiences about there .12 engines. I am planning to buy just a normal engine nothing special . so I can start learning to race again and inprove my car tuning skills. I thinkt hat a lot of people should invest in there car tuning skills then spend money on fast engines without be capible to set up there car.

Team Shepherd how is your webpage coming along? I hope it will be live soon.

P.S. please dont send me offers of your used velox. I wouldnt start racing before next year.

KR and good luck to everybody

Aquell
Old 06-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I decided to get back into racing and had the opportunity to get my hands on a Shepherd V8. Transforming my skills (or lack there of) from Sedan to 1/8 open is a challenge, as well as learning a car that has little support in the community. There are less than a handful of Shepherd cars at our track, but we stick together. Our goal: to make Shepherd stand on the podium by the end of the season.

Team Shepherd America - we wish you the best and hope that everything is coming together for smooth support for our elite community.

- a hopeful future Team Shepherd America racer

P.S. Mark, I have your car...
Old 06-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Hello Nathan, if you ever need some help or advice, just drop a line here.

Originally Posted by trumpster1
I decided to get back into racing and had the opportunity to get my hands on a Shepherd V8. Transforming my skills (or lack there of) from Sedan to 1/8 open is a challenge, as well as learning a car that has little support in the community. There are less than a handful of Shepherd cars at our track, but we stick together. Our goal: to make Shepherd stand on the podium by the end of the season.

Team Shepherd America - we wish you the best and hope that everything is coming together for smooth support for our elite community.

- a hopeful future Team Shepherd America racer

P.S. Mark, I have your car...
Old 06-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate it. So far, my track time has been minimal, working out all the details and minor glitches. Such as minor clutch issues, belts falling off randomly and stripped bulk heads. Unfortunately, I am in need of replacing the majority of the rear end due to a bunch of stripped aluminum parts. I have been able to get things semi solid for practice laps, and it looks pretty good on the track so far and feels tight. We have a race coming up in a couple weeks, so hopefully I will have a better feeling after that. I may run out to the track this weekend and run just to see how she does.

Looking forward to learning more about the car and getting assistance from other team drivers! Thanks
Old 06-22-2011, 12:48 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trumpster1
Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate it. So far, my track time has been minimal, working out all the details and minor glitches. Such as minor clutch issues, belts falling off randomly and stripped bulk heads. Unfortunately, I am in need of replacing the majority of the rear end due to a bunch of stripped aluminum parts. I have been able to get things semi solid for practice laps, and it looks pretty good on the track so far and feels tight. We have a race coming up in a couple weeks, so hopefully I will have a better feeling after that. I may run out to the track this weekend and run just to see how she does.

Looking forward to learning more about the car and getting assistance from other team drivers! Thanks
the '11 update replaces nearly all the alloy in the rear end, it will be a very cost effective way to go.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Tony,

We are waiting on updates from Team Shepherd America to get us this information. Once I have all the details, that is definitely the route I may go.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.