R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #16
Tech Regular
 
jdogger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 451
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool Team Shepherd and CEFX Part Ways!

Last monday Team Shepherd and CEFX parted ways. Team Shepherd now has a new distributor here in the US... We wish them the best of luck as well as CEFX! You can check the article out at www.rcinsider.com

www.rcinsider.com
jdogger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

Best of luck collegues!
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #18
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
Best of luck collegues!

Thank you.
__________________
[email protected]
ShepherdAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #19
kmh
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 529
Default

Whats the ETA for kits in the US?
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:13 AM   #20
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh View Post
Whats the ETA for kits in the US?
We should have them in a week or week in a half.
__________________
[email protected]
ShepherdAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #21
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern California
Posts: 293
Default Dealer

Looks like Team Shepherd America has everything going in the right direction. TMA Motorsports and our customers are very excited!!!
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #22
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 174
Default

Yes, I have move to Team Capricorn and am looking forward racing with them.

Remember anyone looking for a Shepherd car and or parts PM me and I will send you pics of what I have.

Mark Sweeney


Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrdude View Post
Mark ,are you going to follow Josh and run Capricorn??
MJSGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #23
Tech Adept
 
MrSlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 122
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ordered a Velox V10 ELEVEN today from Robert at Ashford Hobby. Looking forward to driving this car! Shepherd America is a great move and has restored confidence in the US. Beautiful cars!
MrSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #24
Tech Regular
 
rpoage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ct Penn. USA
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlow View Post
Ordered a Velox V10 ELEVEN today from Robert at Ashford Hobby. Looking forward to driving this car! Shepherd America is a great move and has restored confidence in the US. Beautiful cars!

Now that you will be running a Shepherd you need to get rid of that "MrSlow" avatar.
__________________
Ashford Hobby
Real time inventory for the things you need.
rpoage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:36 AM   #25
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 12
Default

Congrats Team Shepherd,

I have been racing the hobby cup hosted by the Shepherd family.

My wife is from the States so I am about to move from Europe to the States.

I quit racing more then 5 years ago. At the time I was driving a Speed. I am planning to take that car incl parts with me to the states, but i am considering buying a Velox V10. When i started RC racing i use to drive 1/10 235mm cars. Racing was more fun and less expensive.

I always used Picco engines but I cant find a lot of info/experiences about there .12 engines. I am planning to buy just a normal engine nothing special . so I can start learning to race again and inprove my car tuning skills. I thinkt hat a lot of people should invest in there car tuning skills then spend money on fast engines without be capible to set up there car.

Team Shepherd how is your webpage coming along? I hope it will be live soon.

P.S. please dont send me offers of your used velox. I wouldnt start racing before next year.

KR and good luck to everybody

Aquell
Aquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:38 AM   #26
Tech Addict
 
trumpster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 521
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I decided to get back into racing and had the opportunity to get my hands on a Shepherd V8. Transforming my skills (or lack there of) from Sedan to 1/8 open is a challenge, as well as learning a car that has little support in the community. There are less than a handful of Shepherd cars at our track, but we stick together. Our goal: to make Shepherd stand on the podium by the end of the season.

Team Shepherd America - we wish you the best and hope that everything is coming together for smooth support for our elite community.

- a hopeful future Team Shepherd America racer

P.S. Mark, I have your car...
__________________
Nathan
Spektrum DX3R
Traxxas 2wd Slash
Ex-One Eighth Racers of Toledo member :( no mo money
trumpster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #27
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

Hello Nathan, if you ever need some help or advice, just drop a line here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpster1 View Post
I decided to get back into racing and had the opportunity to get my hands on a Shepherd V8. Transforming my skills (or lack there of) from Sedan to 1/8 open is a challenge, as well as learning a car that has little support in the community. There are less than a handful of Shepherd cars at our track, but we stick together. Our goal: to make Shepherd stand on the podium by the end of the season.

Team Shepherd America - we wish you the best and hope that everything is coming together for smooth support for our elite community.

- a hopeful future Team Shepherd America racer

P.S. Mark, I have your car...
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #28
Tech Addict
 
trumpster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 521
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate it. So far, my track time has been minimal, working out all the details and minor glitches. Such as minor clutch issues, belts falling off randomly and stripped bulk heads. Unfortunately, I am in need of replacing the majority of the rear end due to a bunch of stripped aluminum parts. I have been able to get things semi solid for practice laps, and it looks pretty good on the track so far and feels tight. We have a race coming up in a couple weeks, so hopefully I will have a better feeling after that. I may run out to the track this weekend and run just to see how she does.

Looking forward to learning more about the car and getting assistance from other team drivers! Thanks
__________________
Nathan
Spektrum DX3R
Traxxas 2wd Slash
Ex-One Eighth Racers of Toledo member :( no mo money
trumpster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #29
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpster1 View Post
Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate it. So far, my track time has been minimal, working out all the details and minor glitches. Such as minor clutch issues, belts falling off randomly and stripped bulk heads. Unfortunately, I am in need of replacing the majority of the rear end due to a bunch of stripped aluminum parts. I have been able to get things semi solid for practice laps, and it looks pretty good on the track so far and feels tight. We have a race coming up in a couple weeks, so hopefully I will have a better feeling after that. I may run out to the track this weekend and run just to see how she does.

Looking forward to learning more about the car and getting assistance from other team drivers! Thanks
the '11 update replaces nearly all the alloy in the rear end, it will be a very cost effective way to go.
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #30
Tech Addict
 
trumpster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 521
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Tony,

We are waiting on updates from Team Shepherd America to get us this information. Once I have all the details, that is definitely the route I may go.

Thanks for the suggestion.
__________________
Nathan
Spektrum DX3R
Traxxas 2wd Slash
Ex-One Eighth Racers of Toledo member :( no mo money
trumpster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13256 Yesterday 05:13 PM
Shepherd V8 '09 Josh Cyrul Nitro On-Road 400 10-13-2011 07:09 AM
2009 Great Lakes Challenge "GLC" presented by Shepherd Micro Racing Brian Berry Nitro On-Road 164 08-10-2009 07:44 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net