Servo? for nitro 200mm (v1r/implus/mtx)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Servo? for nitro 200mm (v1r/implus/mtx)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 02:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Servo? for nitro 200mm (v1r/implus/mtx)

I know this is a silly question, but what type of servo is suppose to be in the steering and throttle position?

how much weight is required? 6kg/9kg/13kg???
how much speed?

some of the people i spoke to, some recommend buy the highest speed servo for steering and high power for throttle..

some says its the other way. i'm rather confuse..

Anybody runs? hitec servos? i'm looking at hitec servos.

please advise

thanks
Old 05-02-2002, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

I use the Hitec digital (5925?) in my MTX2 and I love it.

I was able to tell a big difference when I switched to digital.

Also, the HS 925 (analog) is a kiler servo as well.

Both are very fast, have huge orque and are very rugged.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I like the Hitec 925 for steering and the 625/605/645 for throttle. You can get these servos used on ebay for under $50

ChristopherKee
Old 05-02-2002, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Servo? for nitro 200mm (v1r/implus/mtx)

Originally posted by fuse01
I know this is a silly question, but what type of servo is suppose to be in the steering and throttle position?

how much weight is required? 6kg/9kg/13kg???
how much speed?

some of the people i spoke to, some recommend buy the highest speed servo for steering and high power for throttle..

some says its the other way. i'm rather confuse..

Anybody runs? hitec servos? i'm looking at hitec servos.

please advise

thanks
I am currently using JR DZ8450, Digital High Speed Servo for steering, I think the spec is like 0.08sec/60d, and 98 oz/in, in terms of torque. Eventhough it is not published but I think the holding power is well over 200 oz/in.

Hitec 625mg for throttle, I think it is like 0.12/60d and close to 100 oz/in something like that!

I could really see the difference going from analog to digital on steering, I would probably say this: digital steering servo could help you improve your driving. Because first centering is perfect, second it is so powerful to a point that the car will turn as much as your wheel on the transmitter and especially on sweeper, the awesome holding power will just keep the steering position instead of fighting for steering(kind of like when you are doing highspeed sweeper the front wheel dont go back and forth due to insufficient holding power).

Speaking of throttle servo, depends of the track you are running as well as your car's set up. If you are using front oneway you cant use brake anyway so there is no need for high torque servo and besides the slide or rotary carb does not require high torque to open or close.

Just my $0.02
Old 05-02-2002, 04:11 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

use the fastest strongest digital servo you can bu... i have had great luck with jr's and every hitec i have owned has failed and it is usually a zero problem or developes a gitter.......

also recommend metal gears....

throttle response from a fast digital servo is very nice and yes you do need and use brakes with a oneway..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stay in your price range of course... but strength # 1 speed number #2 and digital #3 in that order for both servos.......
Old 05-02-2002, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

wow are the hitec really that bad?

i was thinking of getting a digital hitec servo for steering.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

My Hitec 605BB steering servo has pulled 12 months+ duty on 2 different cars and still is perfect.

The Hitecs will burn out VERY quickly if you load them up on a constant basis far from centre, eg. not adjusting the EPA on your slide carb correctly.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ive got several ko pds2143fet's and they are great, no issues after 12mths or more, a futaba s9450 and its also good, but its packaging is very cheap - blister pack for a top servo!

but on throttle i have an old ko 1014 high torque and it seems to do the job very well (if i could only get the mars to do what i want - i knew i should never have gone to the 4th level!!! )
Old 05-03-2002, 05:01 AM
Tech Rookie

I use a 925MG for steering and a Low profile JR 9411 digital Fet for throttle in my Impulse.

Hitec's higher end servos(over $100can) are amazing but i think the 605,645,etc arent that good.

Try to go for a servo with about 0.08 speed(anything faster is uneccesary) and a torq of 100oz or more for steering.For throttle go for a 0.09 or .10 and 100oz or more.
Old 05-05-2002, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

i have had 2 hitec servos one a standard and the second the hs 5925. both broke in fairly short amounts of time. the digital worked fine for 2 months and then it was gone and the standard servo lasted for about 3 months. after that i bought a ko 2143 and it has been going strong for 6 months no problem. i am never going to buy hitec again. i had heard people talk about there digital servos breaking before i bought mine and should have taken there advice.
Old 05-05-2002, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Default Fuse 01,

no Hitec's aren't bad at all, usually it's the bad drivers that kill them.

I had mine for over a year in my Mugen and it works fine......
Old 05-05-2002, 06:06 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yes the hitec are or i should say can be that bad........ i have seen them last for years... and more than once i have seen them fail quickly... hitec will warrantee and repair quickly... good for them... when a servo costes you a race... or acts funnny and costes you a chassie.. thats about enough of that servo....... so yea you can have good luck, and i would put one in my kids yard beater but i would not put one in my onroad car... too fast and too much money at stake....... to some extent and not always you get what you pay for... i will probably try them again in a couple years... but i have seen and had way too many problems in the past too ..........
Old 05-05-2002, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

hmmm sounds like hitect stuff is not worth the risk.

Can i mix the servos? i have jr receiver and a jr8455 high speed servo, thinking of getting a hitect servo for steering. or can i get any otehr servo like the futaba ones?
Old 05-06-2002, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Yes you can. I run JR and Airtronics in one car and have run Futaba and JR in a truck. Both with out a glitch, uisng a Hitech DCR receiver and 3D radio. Never used a HiTech servo. Had great luck with JR and stick with them.
Old 05-09-2002, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

I guss hitec servo Isn't bad if you paid a price for them. The once that come on Rtr cars have no power at all. I didn't like Hitec radios, but I guss their servo are badd A$$....I think they are good quality for it's price....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.