Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamw View Post
Nitro house is the best place to get Ofna parts, I think they stock them all.
rhats true but the parts start to getting slim ...i wanna know whats going on with ofna..no top drivers besides Jeff L ..they don't have Jammin & picco more and most of their cars haven't been updated or hear anything new on updates..so whats going on?
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
Old 06-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #62
Tech Addict

Post The Starter Box

WEEEWW...
What a great race the Rose City Boys put on this weekend.
The weekend started Saturday with qualifiers and the everyone was fighting to find traction on the temporary parking lot track at the IBEW 48. But after an extra shot of VHT, thanks Doc, the tractions started to come up and we started to adjust to the conditions. There was great ation in every class but the Novice class had all of us glued to fence as our new racers Brendan and Becca laid down some really smooth laps and showed us that we better stay sharp, cause they are coming!

We also got to run our first IGT race of the year and all I can say is, Hell Ya! The entire 6 car field had their eyes on Dana McKee of Tammie's Hobbies. Dana showed us the way around by taking a RTR, threw a some minor changes at and made a great car out of it.....Wait till he has some time with it.... he will no doubt set the bar....
Dana and I had some really close racing right from the start as we drove bumper to bumper, trying to save the tires from the black top ribbon that Rob Undril and his team laid out for us.. Great track with a little of everything.
We both new that tires and fuel were going to be an issue.. We really did not know how well the tires would stand up to the abrasive surface.
Dana's PMT's were great if he did not overheat them... and that was the plan keep pressure and hope I was good enough to force him to run out of tire......I knew my Sweeps 50's were up to the task.... No doing... after a two stops "Crazy" Lynn Ckuck, my pitman, and I realized that we could go further on fuel.. and may have to pull something risky, and go to a 7min strategy to gain the time back, my brakes failed.. now all I could do is hope that Mike Godson coming fast in third, might have trouble in traffic... Dana calmly and convincingly walked away with a 12second lead that I just could not close..Mike made a fuel mistake.
2nd it is!

Jeff Holt and Troy Mckune had some clutch issues, as the front bearings went out..we'll get some advice on this from the mid west boys..
Ryan ran his RTR Onfna for the first time and did a great job with brand new car and stock setup..well done!

Thanks to Crazy Lynn.. Lynn got a new nickname this weekend.. like it or not .. Good pitting with you Lynn, thanks for coming from Seattle.

Bruce, for rocking the mic all weekend... you got better every race.

Mike Godson, for showing us ALL what a great time we can have racing toy cars..Cheers [email protected]#ker!.
See you at the famous TimeZone Raceway Park in two weeks..
Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #63
Tech Addict

Default Clutch Bell..

Ok guys... We need your advice.. we had our first big race this weekend and we had a great time... 3 tire companies were represented on the ofna DM spec... so that was pretty cool to see...
Here is the problem we need help with.. the front bearing is going bad pretty quick ... what we would like to do is add a bearing... so we need an exstension for the crank shaft for it to ride on.. Anybody done this, and can you share some part #s....

Also, how much end play do you recomend.. I ran almost a full mm..Too Much? share your thoughts..
Old 06-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #64
Tech Addict

Default Part # for clutch fix..

Part number for Ofna shim kit - OFNA 1/8 Clutch Bells Shim Kit
[OFN10099] get you 1 or 2 more of the small front bearing and you are good to go.

I shim the clutch with very little play. Just make sure it spins free with no binding and you are good to go.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
[OFN10099] get you 1 or 2 more of the small front bearing and you are good to go.

I shim the clutch with very little play. Just make sure it spins free with no binding and you are good to go.
Actually go to three front bearings. If you get the Ofna shim kit, it has the long adaptor to go with it. Make sure you pull the bearings out each weekend for a clean and re-oil. I will get som flack for this, but I use 0 wt Mobile One. Thin, takes the heat and the bearings seem to like it. When you do this, you can also take one shield off two of the bearings and both off of one (need to put them back in the same order, but you can really clean them this way, oil and let the excess drip off PRIOR to putting it back in the bell. Don't want Mobile One on the shoes ..... Tried it ...... Not Good!!!

Shim as you would for one or two bearings.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Old 06-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

Get some X-tras, Ill pay you for it
Old 06-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Actually go to three front bearings. If you get the Ofna shim kit, it has the long adaptor to go with it. Make sure you pull the bearings out each weekend for a clean and re-oil. I will get som flack for this, but I use 0 wt Mobile One. Thin, takes the heat and the bearings seem to like it. When you do this, you can also take one shield off two of the bearings and both off of one (need to put them back in the same order, but you can really clean them this way, oil and let the excess drip off PRIOR to putting it back in the bell. Don't want Mobile One on the shoes ..... Tried it ...... Not Good!!!

Shim as you would for one or two bearings.
+1 3 bearings mod
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Hawk View Post
Get some X-tras, Ill pay you for it
Ryan.. I messed up and did not order enough for all of us...sorry man.. PM me and give me your # .. I will share some other ideas that folks PM'edme with... Troy and I also came up with a few things to make changes too..
Old 06-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #69
Tech Addict

Thanks for all the advice guys.. we really appreciate it!
Old 06-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #70
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Ryan.. I messed up and did not order enough for all of us...sorry man.. PM me and give me your # .. I will share some other ideas that folks PM'edme with... Troy and I also came up with a few things to make changes too..
give me a call, about ready to place an order.

FNG
Old 06-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #71
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgodson View Post
Nice to see guy's focused on having fun. Let's keep it that way! Make a point of helping the new guy, keep the racing close, and don't forget to laugh.
I just want to point out a rule that states
Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)

So now how is the IPANEMA body legal??? It states attached not molded in?? Just a quick not. I will make sure that the local track know about this.. So not does his body have to run in a different class??? or not at all??
Old 06-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #72
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer View Post
I just want to point out a rule that states
Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)

So now how is the IPANEMA body legal??? It states attached not molded in?? Just a quick not. I will make sure that the local track know about this.. So not does his body have to run in a different class??? or not at all??
One would think that if its molded in the body it would also be attached to it...
Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary NJ View Post
One would think that if its molded in the body it would also be attached to it...
No not true. Molded is apart of the body not attached.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Last edited by Jspeed; 06-15-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #75
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Mark,

Are you representing Mugen with that moron statment?

The "Gurney Flap" is attached to the body.

Who do you think wrote our rules?

Whats your game jerkoff, looking for a fight?
Read what you just posted!!! Gurney Flap is not a wing...

Nice way to talk... Do you kiss your mom with that mouth??
Closed Thread