R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #271
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

want to say i meant no disrespect to Jspeed on his body their were a bunch at the rc pro race and they look great, will be getting a few for the store.

The Gt class is a great class and it looks like it would be alot of fun to race in,
we will have pics from our race up shortly.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #272
Tech Apprentice

Angry

You know something, this is getting really stale, Who cares if I use brand xx or zz, the goal of these threads is to share information and help each other out, compare notes and look for that perfect combination for your car, by using diferent products and sharing the results so everyone can get on the same page. Growing the class? give me a break, what i see is the inevitable death of GT racing if this bullshit keeps up, personal vendetas and hate only lead to destruction or in this case the little girl attitudes I see on here. So what if Jeff Vargas defends his products, who's going to do it for him, you?, you? or you?,. are we going to continue with this petty fighting or are we going to REALLY make an efort to grow this class? But lets not be hipocrates and back stabbers, it leaves alot to be desired in grown men playing with model cars, look at yourself in the mirror, and reevaluate yourself and realize that all this is just a thing,and ask yourself what, if anything positive can I do to make this class better, because all this bullshit is for old ladies sitting on a porch.Real racers run GT cars, girls bitch and moan.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #273
Tech Addict

Moving on..

If we all posted our regions/club rules and compaired them we could see the main differences.... then discuss a solution.
NOTE that each Club/Region will have its own say at a CLUB event.. for example..UTAH may have enough for a spec and a open.. NW does not have this depth yet and we may need to run just a spec class.... with a motor limit.
I THINK I can speak for most of the guys that run up here...
We like the GT's because they are cheap ... and we love close raceing and we can do it with a GT better than a open 1/8 scales..in short, they are easier to wheel than a Open....
Here is what we go by as a group..

RULES:
The rules we have adopted follow the Midwest GT rules.

Chassis: Any 1/8 scale buggy based shaft driven nitro powered car. (Any off-road conversion is OK)

Body: Any commercially available GT style body.
1. Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines. Rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and can not be completely cut out.

Tires: Sweep 50 shore slicks are the "spec" Tire. Timezone is selling them for the season at $56 a set of four.

Weight: Minimum dry weight of 3500 grams.

Engine: Any .21 to .28 displacement “spec” style engine.
1. All factory installed internal parts with NO modifications.
2. Must be commercially available.
3. Regular price suggested to be under $200 not including tax. (Use Tower Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies or any other large retail store as price reference.)
4. .21 motors to have no more than 3 ports.

Pipes: Any tuned pipe is OK.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #274
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love racing toy cars!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #275
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
Moving on..

If we all posted our regions/club rules and compaired them we could see the main differences.... then discuss a solution.
NOTE that each Club/Region will have its own say at a CLUB event.. for example..UTAH may have enough for a spec and a open.. NW does not have this depth yet and we may need to run just a spec class.... with a motor limit.
I THINK I can speak for most of the guys that run up here...
We like the GT's because they are cheap ... and we love close raceing and we can do it with a GT better than a open 1/8 scales..in short, they are easier to wheel than a Open....
Here is what we go by as a group..

RULES:
The rules we have adopted follow the Midwest GT rules.

Chassis: Any 1/8 scale buggy based shaft driven nitro powered car. (Any off-road conversion is OK)

Body: Any commercially available GT style body.
1. Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines. Rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and can not be completely cut out.

Tires: Sweep 50 shore slicks are the "spec" Tire. Timezone is selling them for the season at $56 a set of four.

Weight: Minimum dry weight of 3500 grams.

Engine: Any .21 to .28 displacement “spec” style engine.
1. All factory installed internal parts with NO modifications.
2. Must be commercially available.
3. Regular price suggested to be under $200 not including tax. (Use Tower Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies or any other large retail store as price reference.)
4. .21 motors to have no more than 3 ports.

Pipes: Any tuned pipe is OK.
Thank you for posting the rules for racing in your area again. I am one that respects the rules that are given for a given area or race. I don't agree with your tire rule but again these are your rules for racing in your area and I respect that.

At the recent RC Pro race, GT cars had to use INS boxes on their carbs. We have never had to do that in all the years of GT racing. There were some that did not totally agree with the INS box rule but I can tell you that all the GT cars I saw had INS boxes on them. It was about respecting the rules that were given for the race and either abiding by them or not racing that class.

When I go to the Byron's race, I have certain engines I can't use because they don't fall within their current engine rule. I have other engines that do fall within said rule so the switch can be made to be legal.

All I am saying is why keep arguing about this? Respect the rules given for where you choose to race. Don't race at places that you feel that the rules are not to your liking but don't blast the organizers of the races with the rules you don't like on the forums (this statement is for all and not directed at any one person). I have seen grade school kids act with more maturity than some of you (again, not singling out any one person). Like oskygt said in his post, we are grown men playing with expensive toy cars. At the end of the day, it don't really mean squat because once we put our toys down, we still have to deal with the same life issues each of us faced before we picked our toys up to escape from said issues.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #276
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Great, lets move on and TRULY make this class not grow, but explode
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #277
Tech Addict

Agreed
Old 04-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #278
Tech Addict

Jlock,

We created a spec tire in the very beginng to ensure that we could GET a tire... I called around to get availability on many brands.. and got the same answer..KEEP IN MIND it was LAST YEAR... "we do not have any in stock" or " call this guy"...some of us could get our hands on a set or two... some could'nt... But when Sweep was asked if they had tires... he said. NO... BUT I will drop ship you a pile from Korea... BAM!... on the bench in less than a Week... Now we ALL had tires... So we made it a spec tire on availability and service...EVERY racer could get them and the 50's lasted forever!
Again, we looked at the GT at its price point.. get a car and a tire that will last and the new guy that likes nitro and come play.... Wha la.... 3 cars to 10... in less the 2 months...... now that GT is getting more and more traction and more tires are coming on the market... I looking forward to testing them to see if they can stand up the the success that we found with the Sweeps...

if we find a company that can source and can last... the guys can make a choice on the findings.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #279
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
One Adam-12, One Adam-12, see the man, corner of Computer and Forum Way, shots fired!!!

Wow, go to bed and get up the next morning and grenades have been lobed everywhere. Glad to see the peace and harmony that exists within this class (sarcasm to the extreme).

What is sad here is that everyone involved cannot put their personal dislikes towards each other aside (and I say the very loosely) and try to work together. Like I said before, everyone has their personal preference on the products that they use on their GT cars. Personally, I have no problem with what anybody else uses on their cars. What I do have a problem with is when folks hate on others because those others are not using the same products they use. This has created a lot of friction between many in this class and seems to be creating even wider divides amongst GT racers. In order for this class the actually grow like it should, all this really needs to stop. But from what I see, that is more of a pipe dream than anything.

Jlock, I dont have anything against you or your Sponsor but you keep posting all this unity help class grow etc etc. But you showed up to the RcPro Race this past weekend and didnt even run your GT! I even came up to you and said good to see you, glad you could make it out and run with us and yet turned a cold shoulder to another one of my team mates.

As for Jspeed, I dont know him or really care to, strictly based on his post and his demeanor. Its seems and shows he is the one asking why dont you run Inpanema tire, Warrior body that, like force feeding us his brand. Last time I checked this is a free country and still have a freedom of choice. I CHOOSE NOT TO RUN YOUR TIRES, CAUSE I TRIED THEM AND THEY SUCK!! THEY LASTED ME ONE 10MIN QUALIFIER AND THE WHEELS CRACK!!

AS FOR THE YOUR BODY ItS FUCKEN UGLY!!
I have run the Proto form PF8 and I am currently running and is the only one I know that has tried racing the Ofna Porche body.

I did try a wedge type looking body for the main this past weekend a Deltaplastik Rally game body and it does handle a little better, but it really is a Lola type body not a GT style body .So even though the body cost over $100 to get here from Italy, I will not be running it anymore.

I like the rules we run.

Chassis- any buggy or Gt chassis with shafts no belts.
Motor- .21-.28 anything goes!
Tires - any brand only rubber no foams!
Body- at this point its any as long it covers all the wheels and motor stays under the body

may the best Driver with the best set-up WIN!!!!!

Call it an open OutLaw/Pro Class whatever after this weekend trying to keep your car together for an hour main is tough enough!!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #280
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-MAN View Post
want to say i meant no disrespect to Jspeed on his body their were a bunch at the rc pro race and they look great, will be getting a few for the store.

The Gt class is a great class and it looks like it would be alot of fun to race in,
we will have pics from our race up shortly.
Thanks Jeremy,

All those other bodies you saw racing on your track were not Warriors.

They were actually the wedge shaped designs that some people wish to associate with the Warrior GT body. There are many big differences between them and unfortunately there are some who would rather not admit or except it.

Look forward to the pictures.

Thanks anyway and congrats on your event!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #281
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Only Kyosho makes officially licensed bodies that fit our GT cars.

What is our GT class going to do if they’re not readily available in hobby shops again, as they were before in the past years few years?

How many IGT2 or 360mm wheelbase length bodies can you buy right now today?

You don’t really think those other “bootleg” or unauthorized & unlicensed bodies are going to get away with it forever, do you?

Just something to think about.......
Jeff....I was aiming to that specific 1/2 wedge 1/2 lola GT body...not that it does not look good, it does not even look like any of the GT body. However, the icon that you have before, hint, you said is the new body....I have no problem with that. It has no wedge, it does not look like LOLA, it look like a Ferrari GT car or some kinda GT...........it is ALL GOOD.

That is exactly I was trying to point out....you don't need to make a true licensed body, but at least get a real GT look alike body.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #282
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskygt View Post
Great, lets move on and TRULY make this class not grow, but explode
Yeah, it would be nice bro.

We'll have to try that, but it looks like tonycrocksucker needs to lesson in civility.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #283
Tech Addict

wowwwwwww
Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
Jlock, I dont have anything against you or your Sponsor but you keep posting all this unity help class grow etc etc. But you showed up to the RcPro Race this past weekend and didnt even run your GT! I even came up to you and said good to see you, glad you could make it out and run with us and yet turned a cold shoulder to another one of my team mates.

As for Jspeed, I dont know him or really care to, strictly based on his post and his demeanor. Its seems and shows he is the one asking why dont you run Inpanema tire, Warrior body that, like force feeding us his brand. Last time I checked this is a free country and still have a freedom of choice. I CHOOSE NOT TO RUN YOUR TIRES, CAUSE I TRIED THEM AND THEY SUCK!! THEY LASTED ME ONE 10MIN QUALIFIER AND THE WHEELS CRACK!!

AS FOR THE YOUR BODY ItS FUCKEN UGLY!!
I have run the Proto form PF8 and I am currently running and is the only one I know that has tried racing the Ofna Porche body.

I did try a wedge type looking body for the main this past weekend a Deltaplastik Rally game body and it does handle a little better, but it really is a Lola type body not a GT style body .So even though the body cost over $100 to get here from Italy, I will not be running it anymore.

I like the rules we run.

Chassis- any buggy or Gt chassis with shafts no belts.
Motor- .21-.28 anything goes!
Tires - any brand only rubber no foams!
Body- at this point its any as long it covers all the wheels and motor stays under the body

may the best Driver with the best set-up WIN!!!!!

Call it an open OutLaw/Pro Class whatever after this weekend trying to keep your car together for an hour main is tough enough!!
First of all, why post this on the open forum and continue the BS? This serves no purpose but to keep the flaming going. Is this what you truly want?

Second, I choose to race whatever class I want at any given race. I decided to race 8th scale Lola and not GT, is there a crime against that? Also, if you paid any attention to my car, I had issues with it all weekend. In fact, I did not turn one lap due to its issues. I spent all weekend going through the car over and over, buying, borrowing, and bumming parts that the store did not have to see if that fixed the issue (which it didn't). Sorry that I was trying to make sure my car was not a hazard to my fellow racers and was trying to get it going after paying $50 to race and couldn't. You could have PMed me this if you had an issue with me not being so open but after driving 250 miles, spending the monies I did for hotel, racing, etc and not turning one lap due to my car having issues, you could understand why I wasn't so happy-happy joy joy!!! I really do not owe you any explanations but since you did not know, now you do!!! Next time, try more tack and diplomacy (and maybe a PM instead trying to throw me under the bus for whatever reason).

Posts like yours really detract from the whole conversation. Sorry that you feel that after some are trying to calm this latest round of the GT war down and hope to try to smooth thing over between some, you have to come on here and throw more gas on the smoldering embers. It is attitudes like this that keep the GT war going, hardening feeling and attitudes, and solving absolutely nothing.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #285
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Jeff....I was aiming to that specific 1/2 wedge 1/2 lola GT body...not that it does not look good, it does not even look like any of the GT body. However, the icon that you have before, hint, you said is the new body....I have no problem with that. It has no wedge, it does not look like LOLA, it look like a Ferrari GT car or some kinda GT...........it is ALL GOOD.

That is exactly I was trying to point out....you don't need to make a true licensed body, but at least get a real GT look alike body.
Dude for the final time to you.
The Warrior is not a wedge, period.

If I took the spoiler off the car, nobody could call it otherwise and you know that.

Its kind of stupid to have a boilt on wing that can break off mid-race and in case you haven't noticed.... GT cars are heavy.

You would think as a racer, you of all people would know how much it sucks for anyone to lose their bolt on wing. lol

No worries dude, see ya at Leisure Hours!
Closed Thread