Wiki Posts
Search

Should I get a Force .15?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Should I get a Force .15?

Hey all, im new to the forums and this is my second thread, so hello

I currently have a nitro rs4 i think? I got it for $30 off my step brother, after spending about $150 on it i have to replace the engine :/ So im going to do that.

my question
I wouldnt have a problem replacing my GSM 2000 .15 with a Force .15? if so can you please explain why i would have difficulty doing so and what i can do to get around this?

also ive seen a few images, and it appears that the force .15 exhausts from the read of the motor, and the current one i have is from the side, can someone confirm this if so what would i have to do to get it up and running?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok so i went to mr toys in the city (brisbane), and they said that my motor/everything is not compatable with new motors, (i mean as in the cluch bell/fly wheel so on), so the way that i can resolve this issue is by getting an adapter for it, which i will be doing tonight and ill take some pictures to let you know what i mean (i cant post pictures as of yet though >_<)
Old 05-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Addict

Not entirely sure, but I would think the Force .15 should be a direct drop-in.
As long as the previous engine had an SG shaft (threads and then a clean shaft to the end) and I believe the Force does too, then it should be compatible.
Im guessing that GSM engine uses an adapter.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Initiate

My previous GSM motor soesnt have an SG shaft V.V So im going to get michael from mr toys to figure it all out for me on saturday, the conversion kit he gave me didnt fit ;/ so im going to leave it with him, ive already spend $100 on a motor, $20 on a new pointless flywheel which wont even get used, and 15 on an adaptor which wont even fit, so ill just get him to do it all and see if i can get it for free (labor)
Old 05-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Initiate

ok so im going to cut my crankshaft ive decided... So will I be able to use a hacksaw? ive seen lots of people using a dremal but i dont have one/the money to get one. will this be sufficiant?

ALSO

With this new motor the throttle isnt.. i cant explain this without sounding like a noob. with the old one it was a swivle throttle type.. thing, and with the new one its pulled out to open more and pushed in to close/constrict it. now i dont want to use my old carbie because... well i dont, but idk if i can use the old one. can someone help?

EDIT- i found out its called a slide carb vs a rotary carb
Old 05-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

just means reconfiguring throttle linkage that's all. should be pretty easy.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Tech Initiate

LOL no it wasnt easy... at all.. hours of cutting later i finally got it in, then trying to get it to work was another story :/ as of yet i didnt get it running, in the end i just set my lsn and hsn to flush and turned the hsn 3 times and the lsn once.. idk how to configure idle :S (i accidently played with the idle and idk how to set it)
Old 05-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the answer is pretty easy,

your RS4 uses a rotary carb motor. most shaft drive cars use these. belt drive cars like tourers tend to use slide carb motors. rotary carb engines have the side exhaust , slide carb normally use rear exhaust. you NEED a force .15 or similar ROTARY carb motor. it will bolt on basically. your new engine is a slide carb , it doesnt suit your car at all really and it will be a misson to get it to work as the exhaust manifold wont fit.

Sorry about the bad news but this guy at mr toys should know an RS4 has a rotary carb engine and not sell you the wrong bits/motor