R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-25-2004, 08:26 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by duneland
Adding a one-way increases steering off-power, but greatly reduces steering on power. A spool greatly reduces steering everywhere. You must run stiffer rear diff to get steering with either. Changes to shocks and sway bars as well as a tighter rear diff, can get the steering back.
guys i've done abit of test run today with the one way! duneland comments are right it gives me great off power steering but on power steering is horrible! (goes very wide but holds traction!) so i've made 2 more rear diffs 10k, 30k ill test these out next week. i think ill stick with the one way! i really feel like its more sort of driving style as i've tried front diff with 100k (almost close to a solid front) and the steering isnt as sharp off power! with the one-way i can put the power down mid-way or 3/4 towards the end of the corner so yea i like it currently i also have 5k diff oil at the rear which is what is recommended at my track from the local guys as my track has low grip. thanks for all ya input! will also do some more testing with the shock positions etc...

thanks to all once again cheers!
Old 09-28-2004, 06:55 AM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
you'll need to stand up the rear shocks and run sways and lower the front ride height. This will help keep weight to the front inside tire and prevent lift on power.
Hey can i also just screw the droop screws in so the arms push down therefore the front wont lift up ?

ill be running the front one way this weekend but if i cant handle it through traffic ill by making a front solid!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:23 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
Hey can i also just screw the droop screws in so the arms push down therefore the front wont lift up ?

ill be running the front one way this weekend but if i cant handle it through traffic ill by making a front solid!
Brain, I forgot what car you're running? I had my rear droop at 4mm/front was free. If your track has slight bumps, I wouldn't limit the arms. The rear will bounce alot. Plus on low grip, I prefer the car to roll just a bit.

I'm actually getting used to the one-way again. Got in the A-main (finally) in my last two meets. 2nd and 5th. I miss the agressive style of the spool, though. With either spool or one-way, you'll want to stay smooth through traffic.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:30 PM   #19
Tech Elite

KidD, Where are you racing? Tinley?
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:00 AM   #20
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Brain, I forgot what car you're running? I had my rear droop at 4mm/front was free. If your track has slight bumps, I wouldn't limit the arms. The rear will bounce alot. Plus on low grip, I prefer the car to roll just a bit.

I'm actually getting used to the one-way again. Got in the A-main (finally) in my last two meets. 2nd and 5th. I miss the agressive style of the spool, though. With either spool or one-way, you'll want to stay smooth through traffic.
Kid,
im running the FW-05R, thanks for the reminder! my track does have slight bumps!
Old 10-17-2004, 06:15 AM   #21
Tech Master

forgot to update!
love the one way! feels so smooth in the corners and it feels like i have a sharper turning angle with on power steering but might go back to diff and try to make it a solid as i cant race without brakes as i dont wanna be a hack! so next club meet will have a solid front installed will update then...
also improved 1 sec each lap with the one way.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:22 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by duneland
KidD, Where are you racing? Tinley?
What's up, Ron! How you been? How'd you know I was racing at Tinley? Was it the bumps? Gotta tell ya, your Evola was trick and quick.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:04 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to rossiRocket

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
forgot to update!
love the one way! feels so smooth in the corners and it feels like i have a sharper turning angle with on power steering but might go back to diff and try to make it a solid as i cant race without brakes as i dont wanna be a hack! so next club meet will have a solid front installed will update then...
also improved 1 sec each lap with the one way.
Why won't you try running a solid axle in the rear and a one-way up front? I've heard that is a hot setup.
rossiRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:03 AM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rossiRocket
Why won't you try running a solid axle in the rear and a one-way up front? I've heard that is a hot setup.
but my local track has no bite. they say that ssetup is only good if the track has lots and lots of traction. im not planning on choosing either of the 2 yet, im just testing things out so i know whats best for me. so far one way is better than standard diff