R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #166
Tech Apprentice

JJ and AI are on the plane back to Shanghai while I am still here in the states on business. A BIG thank you to the guys at Leisure Hours for their hard work running the race! Thanks to Byrons for sponsoring the race. It was great to see everyone again, had a great time with the Mugen boys (S.Rossi, Mike P, Jason/Monica, John M, Jeff, etc..), also good to see Drew, Ralph, Paul, Chris D, the Whiting family and all of our Xray friends, as well as Paolo, Shawn,Derek,Scotty,Greg E,Howard. Nice meeting Richard and Dana, see you guys next month at Timezone. This was a real fun race, will definitely make the trip again next year! Rick
rwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #167
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just got back home, boy what a weekend. I'm really grateful Mark and the Byron's crew along with Leisure Hours continue to put this event together! It is definitely one of my favorites for the year.

Everything was A+!!!

I've got a couple more pix to post to the site and Facebook then I'm going to bed =D.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #168
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesser26 View Post
Just got home a bit ago. What a great weekend of racing. I will be back next year for the 2012 Byrons Challenge.
Leisure Hours Raceway, what a great facility. You guys have done a great job.
Congrats to Paul, X-Ray and Powermaster fuel for the clean sweep.
A big Thank you to Drew Ellis for the help pitting me this weekend. Its always hard enough to fly to a race and it always helps to know that there are some great people such as Drew, Ralph and Paul from X-Ray that are willing to help out.
Again Thank you.

Loran Whiting gets the atta boy (Girl) award for the weekend. Outstanding performance 45min B-main (1/8th) bump then the 1 hour Sedan Main and then the 1 hour 1/8 Main. Thats a bunch of driving. Well done. I hope you made your Dad do all the driving home so you could get some well deserved rest.
Thank you again.
Greg Esser
Hey Greg
Great to see you and the whole crew from Florida ( my second home LOL)
Hope Denise foot is better.

I second that for Loran and only the second weekend running an 1/8 scale very impressive.
bmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #169
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Big thanks to LHR and their crew....I was on the side line for 3 years and I think BYRON race just got me back on NITRO. Another thanks to Walt for letting me race without bringing anything.......I am sure he will let me do it again next year

Another huge thanks to BYRON to bring the ON ROAD race to LHR again. Byron fuel forever....

Good to see JJ, Rick and AI there........and good to see all those MWS buddy and LHR Nitro on road buddy. And what a experience to see the World Champs racing middle of no where in IL............

Thanks to BILL S. for cherry picking the 2nd spot from me...you can kiss your sponsorship good bye...(ha ha ha...just kidding, you know I cannot hold off from you..).

I will definitely be back next year....if Walt let me run his car again

Snowy pictures is AWESOME as usual...you have to make the whole weekend next year. If you need a TC, I will build 1 for you so you can run the race while taking those awesome pics....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #170
Tech Initiate

Thanks to the Byron's fuel guys, RCAmerica/Xray, and all the sponsors of the Byrons Challenge this year. Also, thanks to the Leisure Hours Raceway guys for having such a great place to race and running a great race program. I always enjoy coming up to Joliet to race. Plus, it's always good to see everyone there. Can't wait till next year. See everyone soon.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #171
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoranWhiting View Post
Thanks to the Byron's fuel guys, RCAmerica/Xray, and all the sponsors of the Byrons Challenge this year. Also, thanks to the Leisure Hours Raceway guys for having such a great place to race and running a great race program. I always enjoy coming up to Joliet to race. Plus, it's always good to see everyone there. Can't wait till next year. See everyone soon.
good job out there
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #172
Tech Elite

Great job loran. Nice running with you in the main. Big thanks to the leisure hours crew and and to mark from byrons, nice job! See you all next year.

Eric
Old 06-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #173
Tech Apprentice

Photos now up at

www.rcraces.com
Sampson Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default run down on the race

where can we get a complete run down of all mains and what tire / motors and cars were used thanks
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #175
Tech Regular

I saw quite a few people taking videos at the race. Does anyone have any they can post up?