R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-15-2005, 02:24 AM   #1441
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: RRR at Winternats

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
The plastic insert that you install in the front diff assembly actually locks the axles so that you get a front solid spool instead of a diff. That plastic insert can strip.
Mine did. I got the 3racing aluminium one now.

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:50 AM   #1442
Tech Rookie

Thanks traj i will try that diff oil and hopefully it will fix my problem
Tom
CRASH TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:47 AM   #1443
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: RRR at Winternats

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyT
Just for us guys Down Under what type of track was this setup run on? (large open? fairly tight?)....thanks
When you say the main plastic insert for the front-diff got stripped, was this the pulley teeth that actually stripped off the pulley?
Cheers
It was track in FT Myers ( Winternats). It is very high bite track, fairely large, and very high flow, most of the time everybody tryed to stay on throtle.
You can see pic of it on www.winternats.com
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 AM   #1444
Tech Master

The insert has a recess that the axle pin slots in. It wore out so the axle could spin in the insert and so no drive to the front.

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:14 PM   #1445
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Edward/topgun777

I saw the results page for winter nats. It looks like leo is improving and getting faster. Any way good to hear you and your
son had fun in florida.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:38 PM   #1446
Tech Master

Default Re: Edward/topgun777

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
I saw the results page for winter nats. It looks like leo is improving and getting faster. Any way good to hear you and your
son had fun in florida.
Yeah!! good job my friend!!
manokgt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #1447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Edward/topgun777

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
son had fun in florida.
Hey Francis.
yes with RRR it is different story-this car is so suitable for him, I can't even belive it.
Thanks a lot
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:02 PM   #1448
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Set up

Quote:
Originally posted by CRASH TOM
hi i havent had my rrr for very long and it is very taily just wondering if you guys have any suggestins on how to fix it .
Thanks
Tom
Add a bit more toe-in to the rear......2.5deg to 3 deg should tame the rear end right down and then start fine-tuning it back to suit your track/driving style from here.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #1449
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by CRASH TOM
Thanks traj i will try that diff oil and hopefully it will fix my problem
Tom
check also your springs maybe the rear spring is harder compare in front.
rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:17 PM   #1450
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: RRR at Winternats

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777

You can see pic of it on www.winternats.com
Top Gun 777, thanks for the link....yes, its certainly a flowing track....very nice layout !
Theres quite a few RRR`s starting to get on the tracks here in Sydney and the 26th & 27th Feb should see quite a number of them vying for the Sydney Nitro GP at Eastern Creek......however, I`m sure theres going to be plenty of the usual MTX3`s etc out there (as per usual) trying to prevent the RRR`s from dominating.
During the Australian Championships held late last year at Moorebank (www.nswrcrcc.org) a RRR posted the fastest lap (18.59) during the A final. Although ultimately finishing 10th, its a very good result considering the short period of time that the RRR had been out then.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:52 PM   #1451
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Hey guys I'm going crazy here in the U.S. trying to find someone that carries the RRR worlds edition or even knows what I'm talking about.....Has any one purchased the Worlds car in the U.S. and if you did please tell me where you bought it!!! THANK YOU!
SCUBA STEVE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:15 PM   #1452
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
Hey guys I'm going crazy here in the U.S. trying to find someone that carries the RRR worlds edition or even knows what I'm talking about.....Has any one purchased the Worlds car in the U.S. and if you did please tell me where you bought it!!! THANK YOU!
You can probably get it from Elite in California. But the problem might be that Great Planes (the sole distributor) has not imported them, thus not officially available on the market.

Why don't you just buy it from Japan. I think everyone did or got it from HK. It's easy and you can pay by PayPal.

Alternatively you can just get the regular RRR and get the upgrade parts separately.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:53 PM   #1453
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I don't think any shops in the US have the WC kit. It will be awhile before all of them hear about the regular kit. You'll want to get the kit out of country anyway. Great Planes just takes your wallet and stiffs you good with their prices.

A WC kit can be had for a little over what you would pa for a regular kit here after tax.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:38 AM   #1454
Tech Regular

racing4evo is right,

Get the WC Edition if possible. If you buy the regular kit and then end up upgrading all the parts you will be WAY over what the WC edition kit costs. (Not to mention the option parts can't be found yet here either)

If you don't plan on upgrading all the parts then the std kit would be fine.

Does anyone know if the WC edition kit is even coming to North America? I know it took them forever to get the RRR here.

Ciao,

John
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:27 PM   #1455
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jrabbito
racing4evo is right,

Get the WC Edition if possible. If you buy the regular kit and then end up upgrading all the parts you will be WAY over what the WC edition kit costs. (Not to mention the option parts can't be found yet here either)

If you don't plan on upgrading all the parts then the std kit would be fine.

Does anyone know if the WC edition kit is even coming to North America? I know it took them forever to get the RRR here.

Ciao,

John
Thats what im hoping for the V one RRR WC to come to north america but this particular kit is a limited production so we might not even see them
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote