Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: Need help on fixing my rrr

Originally posted by Dynamite
hey ahleon,

did you find the plastic spacers which sit behind the screw caps? dunno if the normal rrr kit has these but the wc did... they sit between the pillow ball (226) and the screw cap (194) they are on one of the parts trees looks like a rounded cap one end with a recess to fit into the screw cap... otherwise you could use the nylon/plastic screw caps off a parts tree that are supplied. they are quite tight to do up initialy which is good, you dont want them working loose! do them up so pillow ball can move freely but with as little as possible to no slop at all.
Thanks Dynamite

Mine's the wc edition and yes it has the plastics spacers. 2 of the went out of alignment during screwing in. Somehow, i figure out that the blue caps were useless for wheel adjustment so as long as i got them in to hold the pillow balls i guess its ok.

Thanks Nimo for the grease advice!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: RRR Worlds?

Originally posted by Marcos.J
look here !!
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products..._rrr_wc-j.html

here is the picture!
that looks sexy

Last edited by FW-05RR; 02-15-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Need help on fixing my rrr

Originally posted by ahleon
I am stuck at step 9(knuckle arm) on page 11. Is part no.194 the metal blue cap? I find it difficult ro screw it into the knuckle arm part no.2, it goes very tight half way in.

Any help or advice for me?
The tip about applying grease is really good.
I had the same problem with them becoming really tight as they got around half way in, but i used an allen driver from a bicycle allen key set (the sort which all fold back into the handle like a pocket knife). Because the handle on this allen driver is rather large, it made it easy to get the required leverage to seat the screw.
Cheers
Old 02-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: RRR Worlds?

Originally posted by FW05R
thats looks sexy

it does.somebody get me this
Old 02-13-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys! Just came back from the race truck!
A couple of thoughts to share with...

The KYOSHO lock nuts included in the kit seem to come loose on the 3racing front universals!!! I wonder why...

I am running a new Sirio .12 5 port TUP Evo 2, with the Kyosho SC manifold/exhaust system... This engine looks impossible to tune... At one time it seems too lean, then too rich!!!
I tested the tank before racing and it did not seem to leak...

I will add a pressure chamber between the exhaust and tank... but I am afraid it will not solve the problem...

Any of you guys having similar probs?
Old 02-13-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedsterRRR
Hey guys! Just came back from the race truck!
A couple of thoughts to share with...

The KYOSHO lock nuts included in the kit seem to come loose on the 3racing front universals!!! I wonder why...

I am running a new Sirio .12 5 port TUP Evo 2, with the Kyosho SC manifold/exhaust system... This engine looks impossible to tune... At one time it seems too lean, then too rich!!!
I tested the tank before racing and it did not seem to leak...

I will add a pressure chamber between the exhaust and tank... but I am afraid it will not solve the problem...

Any of you guys having similar probs?
I am pretty sure it's your tank. I've lost 2 engines that way and you have all the same symptoms.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I am pretty sure it's your tank. I've lost 2 engines that way and you have all the same symptoms.
But the tank did not seem to leak...
I put it underwater and blew with all I could.
Only a few bubbles from the lead... when I managed to give me 100%... However this is normal it you take into consideration that the tank is constantly pumping fuel to the engine. Also, when the lead has a problem, it usually shows when you block the exhaust to send fuel in the carb. A faulty lead would blow air and fuel...

I will try the pressure chamber and a friend that is an expert tuner..... What can I say..... I hear about the tank probs and the Sirio being impossible to tune... but this is crazy!!!
Old 02-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeedsterRRR
But the tank did not seem to leak...
I put it underwater and blew with all I could.
Only a few bubbles from the lead... when I managed to give me 100%... However this is normal it you take into consideration that the tank is constantly pumping fuel to the engine. Also, when the lead has a problem, it usually shows when you block the exhaust to send fuel in the carb. A faulty lead would blow air and fuel...

I will try the pressure chamber and a friend that is an expert tuner..... What can I say..... I hear about the tank probs and the Sirio being impossible to tune... but this is crazy!!!
Don't know if this will help, but a few in the UK did have problems with the earlier carbs on Sirio motors, they changed them to an alloy carb (possibly Rossi) and it cured the fuel pick up and mixture problems
Old 02-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

where can you purchase the V one RRR WC online?

any links are appreciated

thx
Old 02-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NiMo
Don't know if this will help, but a few in the UK did have problems with the earlier carbs on Sirio motors, they changed them to an alloy carb (possibly Rossi) and it cured the fuel pick up and mixture problems
my rc bud had same experience. hcange also d carb..the sirio carb not so reliable.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sirio Tuning

I've had no problems with my Sirio yet. Im using the stock carb and it tunes fine, different but fine. I agree with JeffreyLin, it sounds like your tank. $20 bucks for a new tank or $180+ for another motor? It won't hur tto try another tank rather than find out later after you blow your engine.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

who stocks the v one rrr wc?
Old 02-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FW05R
who stocks the v one rrr wc?
Daniel, if you read a page or two back you will see that I posted a link. In any case, here it is again:

http://www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp/

eMail them, they have it in stock.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Jeff you got PM
Old 02-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default Warning Signs

Hi guys,

Can you please share your experiences on how to know when to replace the parts of your engine, like piston etc... what are the signs that im having an engine problem.

And also, if you are kind enough to share how to know if there is an air leak, performance wise.

Thnks in advance...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.