R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-24-2005, 10:00 AM   #1171
Tech Fanatic

the 3racing has an aluminum brake pulley. i have it. is this what you guys are talking about?
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:35 AM   #1172
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I finally took the rrr for a full day of racing. this car just has so much corner speed. The car was pretty stock except for Kyosho front universals, Skyline 4mm rear shock tower, and I think the most trick peice is the Skyline exhaust wire bracket.

After missing almost two months of racing and the first full day with this car, now i get what every body has been raving about. This car is just as good as advertized.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:10 PM   #1173
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RRR WC edition

Quote:
Originally posted by 3434
Jefferylin, are they still in business?? I can't get in touch with them. They don't answer e-mails, they haven't sent my parts and/or they haven't refunded my account.
i just visited them yesterday. i don't know why you cannot get in touch with them as no one else seems to have problem with them.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:19 PM   #1174
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
I finally took the rrr for a full day of racing.
you beat me to it again, mine still sitting on the shelf collecting dusts.

made an al. brake holder, let me know if you want to use it. i won't be needing it for a while yet.

data
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:32 PM   #1175
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
you beat me to it again, mine still sitting on the shelf collecting dusts.

made an al. brake holder, let me know if you want to use it. i won't be needing it for a while yet.

data

thanks Billy
Old 01-24-2005, 04:45 PM   #1176
Tech Adept

I've been breaking in my RRR on our small local track. I'm really impressed so far. It has great steering with a stable rear end. I played with the solid front and like it a lot. The car was very controllable, even on our low traction surface. I'm curious to see how the solid works on large smooth tracks with higher traction.

Btw, I got some Eagle Racing MTX-3 universals to work. I'm waiting on some Kyosho universals. Had to use the mugen drive hexes (smaller axel diameter) and made some shims to take up some gap between the drive hex and outer bearing.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:26 PM   #1177

Send a message via MSN to junito yukiyu
Default ..

i,ve been trying to put the stupid diff on mine and the akerman is giving me hell , I NEED HELP!! , if any body knows a trick or something , plesa share it!!

junito yukiyu
junito yukiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:34 PM   #1178
Tech Fanatic

Traj....
Thanks for posting that email reply from Skyline racing, I`ll be getting in contact with them to get that exhaust wire etc.
Did you run the RRR at Kambah for the Summernats? If so, how did it go?
Was that your name i saw on the frequency board at Moorebank last weekend? ..... if so, how have you found the RRR performs around Moorebank. I`m still building mine up but currently running a FT NTC3 which i think Moorebank is just too big a track for....its quite good on smaller ones ala Eastern Creek.
Thanks.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:50 PM   #1179
Tech Adept

Default Re: ..

Quote:
Originally posted by junito yukiyu
i,ve been trying to put the stupid diff on mine and the akerman is giving me hell , I NEED HELP!! , if any body knows a trick or something , plesa share it!!

junito yukiyu
Try sanding down the ball cups on the steering block until it clears the diff housing.

Running a solid, I might try sanding down the housing to keep my steering ball cups entact. But I wouldn't do that with a diff for fear of leakage.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:05 PM   #1180
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyT
Traj....
Thanks for posting that email reply from Skyline racing, I`ll be getting in contact with them to get that exhaust wire etc.
Did you run the RRR at Kambah for the Summernats? If so, how did it go?
Was that your name i saw on the frequency board at Moorebank last weekend? ..... if so, how have you found the RRR performs around Moorebank. I`m still building mine up but currently running a FT NTC3 which i think Moorebank is just too big a track for....its quite good on smaller ones ala Eastern Creek.
Thanks.
Cheers
hey Andy yer i did race at Kambah

i did 16-17 laps in the first 2heats and the 3rd heat only 6 (couldnt get the engine going) and ended up coming 3rd in the D final.

Nah i havnt run the RRR at Moorebank yet but i am very excited to

yer when i had my FW05R also shaft drive it just cant take the size of moorebank even with 37T ring gears
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #1181
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAJ
yer when i had my FW05R also shaft drive it just cant take the size of moorebank even with 37T ring gears
Are you sure? Well, if you have problems with FW05R gearing on your track, then you will also have problems with the RRR...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:19 PM   #1182
Tech Master

My RRR is geared way better and the other RRRs at my track do very well.

The FW05R was quick out of the corners but down the main straight wich is like 50m or so it was laking top end and this was with a Murnan NS great gearing and clutch/2speed setting.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:22 PM   #1183
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAJ
The FW05R was quick out of the corners but down the main straight wich is like 50m or so it was laking top end and this was with a Murnan NS great gearing and clutch/2speed setting.
Perhaps as with all FW0RR guys, that was their initial problem. Something to do with the pipe...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:25 PM   #1184
Tech Master

hehehe i had a RBv12 inline pipe set part number #01751-402K http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...oudes_inline12

and still wasnt get the speed i wanted
Old 01-24-2005, 08:50 PM   #1185
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RRR WC edition

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
i just visited them yesterday. i don't know why you cannot get in touch with them as no one else seems to have problem with them.
Thanks, thats a lot more then I am getting from them.

You have a PM
3434 is offline   Reply With Quote