R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #9796
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckrooz View Post
100K is a good starting point.
I don't think that 100K is a good starting point.
Is a good starting point if we want to act like spool.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:14 AM   #9797
Tech Master

indeed, I think it was advised more like 60K / 20K front rear as a starting point
Old 04-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #9798
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Here is some pictures of my RRR with the new paint scheme for 2009... upcoming races...
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho v-one rrr-rrr-2.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-rrr-1.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-rrr-4.jpg  

Last edited by Ivan Dickson; 04-27-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Ivan Dickson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #9799
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson View Post
Here is some pictures of my RRR with the new paint scheme for 2009... upcoming races...
Looks good!

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #9800
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg View Post
Looks good!
Thanks..
Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #9801
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If anyone is looking, I have a brand-new, built - never run Kyosho V-ONE RRR kit # 31256 that I am looking to trade for either a Tamiya 416, Schumacher MI3.5 or a Hot Bodies Cyclone TC. I'll also include a used (in awesome shape) starter box as well. Electronics, engine or pipe are not included.

PM if you are interested.

Thank you
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:44 AM   #9802
Tech Initiate

Nice looking car Ivan
Old 04-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #9803
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3nos View Post
Nice looking car Ivan
Thanks r3nos...
Old 04-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #9804
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default help

Guys I need some suggestions..here's my dilemma. I have recent bought a NT1..hated it..traded it to a guy for another RRR evo wc team. I have a RRR evo wc which I've been running to a couple years now. Handles great and I just love the way it drives. So when I acquired the back up RRR I set it up exactly the way I have my other one..same shock oil, diff fluid, shock positions, roll center inserts..toe settings, basically I duplicated everything I can think of but the cars do not drive the same. My old faithful has tons of rear grip..has a "comfortable" push and pulls hard and steady out of corners..very forgiving..where as my back up is loose as a goose..tons of turning but I have fight to keep the rear from spinning out. I've been obsessed about it for a week now and have asked all the local Rc'ers for advise and have not gotten anything useful..how can two same cars set up exactly the same drive so different? I know someone has experienced this out there..please help!
nitronutzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #9805
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronutzzz View Post
Guys I need some suggestions..here's my dilemma. I have recent bought a NT1..hated it..traded it to a guy for another RRR evo wc team. I have a RRR evo wc which I've been running to a couple years now. Handles great and I just love the way it drives. So when I acquired the back up RRR I set it up exactly the way I have my other one..same shock oil, diff fluid, shock positions, roll center inserts..toe settings, basically I duplicated everything I can think of but the cars do not drive the same. My old faithful has tons of rear grip..has a "comfortable" push and pulls hard and steady out of corners..very forgiving..where as my back up is loose as a goose..tons of turning but I have fight to keep the rear from spinning out. I've been obsessed about it for a week now and have asked all the local Rc'ers for advise and have not gotten anything useful..how can two same cars set up exactly the same drive so different? I know someone has experienced this out there..please help!
It seems as that something isn't the same. Now the key is to find out what it is. Clutch? This is also assuming that there isn't something broken on the car such as a bad belt. If they handle that differently then the probability is you are missing something.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #9806
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Short answer: You built one car and not the other. I say take it completely apart and reassemble. I agree with Scott Fisher. You're probably misssing something.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #9807
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso

Quote:
You may want to also check if the bottom chassis plate is tweaked.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #9808
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for all the inputs guys. I stayed up till 3am last night going over the back up car. Cant find anything different. So I decided to deviate from my other car. Fooled around with the new car's setup. Added more spacers on the rear hub. Put 40wt oil in front and 35 wt in the back. I also put the black springs from my old "OG" RRR in the rear( is that ok btw? they are shorter but I cranked down on the shock nuts to achieve my usual 6mm ride height)..and got up at 8 this am to run it..talk about obsession..lol..my neighbors loves me...anyways it definitely drove better..even got that comfortable "push" I was looking for..of course I wont know for sure till I run it on our parkng lot track again (With these lazy local Rc'rs around who knows when that will be again..lol)but does seem better. Again..I checked all the important stuff..chassis is not tweaked..car is almost new. clutch gap is about the same although differnt motor..OS 12tz 5 port and sts 12 team..and roll center and ride height is the same..It just chaps my azz when 2 same cars with the same setup handles so different...Which I had the same issue when I built 2 identical R40's back in the day..although I always thought because R40's were junk..but maybe it's just me..HAHA.
nitronutzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #9809
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider View Post
hey dude..hows your car anyway ?
manage to get it to run after some deep finding n readings on the clutch issue however i notice a lot of bubble in my fuel line, btw is it recommended to place a fuel filter?
Christopher13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #9810
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher13 View Post
manage to get it to run after some deep finding n readings on the clutch issue however i notice a lot of bubble in my fuel line, btw is it recommended to place a fuel filter?
2 different engines????????
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote