R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #9436
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default KYOSHO RRR

I have a couple of RRR that I would like to buy some hop-ups for.
The shop where I buy most of the items has a lot of the things I want, but where is a good shop on-line where I get get most of the hop-ups.
I would like to stay with one manuf. instead of mixing and matching.

thanks
brc358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #9437
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc358 View Post
I have a couple of RRR that I would like to buy some hop-ups for.
The shop where I buy most of the items has a lot of the things I want, but where is a good shop on-line where I get get most of the hop-ups.
I would like to stay with one manuf. instead of mixing and matching.
thanks
Try rcmart.com or rc-mushroom.com, they have a good range of items. They are both in Hong Kong and sell in US Dollars.
KyoshoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:29 PM   #9438
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Kyosho RRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshoKid View Post
Try rcmart.com or rc-mushroom.com, they have a good range of items. They are both in Hong Kong and sell in US Dollars.
Will do, thanks for the tip
brc358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:03 AM   #9439
Tech Adept

Default carbon fibre and supaglue

guys just wanting to see do many of you seal the carbon fibre on the edges with supaglue before you build your kits or is this practice not common anymore. Hopefully be building my kit an week or so , but not sure if this is something that needs to be done.
Thanks
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:28 AM   #9440
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
Are you using one-way, spool or diff? What diff oil front and rear? What tires?
Actually i use one way then change to frontdiff with 50.000wt oil and reardiff 10.000wt oil (tire front 37,rear 40) but it still push on power..
spyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #9441
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Where is the cheapest online place to buy a v-one? also which is the premier kit at the moment? I'm told the evo WC edition is no longer being made by kyosho, but there is a KRF edition which is similar?

Cheers
Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #9442
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

just picked up a "Kyosho RRR WCE" of the site here (newbie to onroad) and have been going through this forum here and all i can say is "WOW" at the amount of good info all of you have put out there, thanks and look forward to bugging alot of you, lol....
meaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:55 AM   #9443
Tech Apprentice

Default Throttle control ...

Last night I was reflecting on ways of improving my times at my club track. As I was recalling my last race, something occurred to me about the way my closest competitors drive. For the record, my fastest lap at the last meet was a 19:03 ....my closest competitor got a 18:98. That .5 of a second is seriously bugging me especially since he ended up winning the A Main ...condemning me to 2nd place. That was partly my fault ...after getting TQ and pulling off first, I rolled the RRR on the third lap. I ended up finishing 1 lap behind the leader and 5 in front of the number 3 guy.

Anyway, something about the winners driving style stuck in my head. Since everyone emphasises "smooth driving", When I approach a corner I let off, turn, let the car coast a bit, then blip the throttle once or twice to maintain speed, and then somewhere near the end (after the apex) I SLOWLY get on the throttle. The method works well for me and I have used it for a long time. The faster guys, however, seem to let off briefly and then somewhere either just before the apex, or on it, they give quite a big burst of throttle.

It's not something you can see, since you are focusing on your own car and your own race, but you can just hear it from their engine revs. Now this is strange to me because surely this is not being "smooth on the throttle" ...or have I misunderstood the whole "smooth" thing? One way or the other, I have now been practising this new technique and am ready to try it at Sunday's races. I have noticed that the secret is the Spool ...it just gives so much on power steering that the car can literally be ripped out of the corner. I don't like the beating it gives the car though so I chose to instead fill my front diff with 100K oil. I also had to nail down the rear end some more and had to lose some steering. Other than this, the car is much more aggressive coming out of a corner. Something tells me that 18 second laps will be within my reach come Sunday.

Anyway, my question is, what is meant by "smooth driving style" if an aggressive, spool assisted style is seemingly faster? I can understand that steering movements must always be smooth but why does no-one add that in RC, throttle aggession is also required?
johnypiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:39 AM   #9444
Tech Apprentice

Default ??

What's happening with this forum ? Does anyone drive a RRR anymore? Should I read anything from the fact that the XRAY NT1 forum is hot with action whilst this one dies a slow death ...or is it just because the NT1 is new and owners are excited while RRR owners have become settled and comfortable?

Helllooooooooo!?!?!?!?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:45 AM   #9445
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnypiston View Post
What's happening with this forum ? Does anyone drive a RRR anymore? Should I read anything from the fact that the XRAY NT1 forum is hot with action whilst this one dies a slow death ...or is it just because the NT1 is new and owners are excited while RRR owners have become settled and comfortable?

Helllooooooooo!?!?!?!?
V-one RRR user is still many in anywhere.

But RRR is the oldest model compare with MTX-4,720,NT1.

i quess RRR succession version(RRRR?) will be released in next year..

i was also RRR user before 1 year...

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander

Last edited by gansei; 07-04-2007 at 01:46 AM. Reason: mod
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:50 AM   #9446
Tech Apprentice

...there is life here!! I was thinking about the possible name for a new car the other day ...V-TWO RRR would sound good!! Thing is ..it wil get irritating when it hits V-ELEVEN RRR

How do you drive Gensei? Do you nail the throttle slowly or fast? Do you do it at the corner Apex or before?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #9447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dun worry, this car still rocksjust sold of my RRR, still have lots of spare parts so....i'm getting the evo
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:21 AM   #9448
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
...there is life here!! I was thinking about the possible name for a new car the other day ...V-TWO RRR would sound good!! Thing is ..it wil get irritating when it hits V-ELEVEN RRR

How do you drive Gensei? Do you nail the throttle slowly or fast? Do you do it at the corner Apex or before?
i do throttle slowly in corner apex.

the representative driver who is using throttle slowly is SIMO!!! (RRR Japanese Driver)

★ Show Hobby(Novarossi)
Km Racing HK1 Meen Version
Another Nick: Bander
gansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:33 AM   #9449
Tech Apprentice

Thanks gansei. That's how I have always driven ...I am just no longer sure it's the fastest way on the track where I drive. Let's see what the car does on Sunday. I'll try the agressive style for two rounds. I will then reset the car to my trusted setting and drive smooth again and see what the difference is.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:17 AM   #9450
Tech Regular

Quote:

Helllooooooooo!?!?!?!?
We are here and very settled waiting in the shadows to show these "new guys on the block" who is their daddy.

We no longer need to discuss the simple build problems of this car. We can now devote all efforts to chassis setup and driving style.
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote