Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho v-one rrr >

Kyosho v-one rrr

Kyosho v-one rrr

Old 06-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

hey gus need part # for alum brake adapter and main gear shaft, I raided shop kit and need to replace (vone rrr wc) #please..
Old 06-04-2007, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is the proper way to maintain the 2-speed one-way bearing? I know you're suppose to clean it and then put one-way bearing oil, but how much oil do you put and exactly how do you apply it? Are you just suppose to only apply a coat to the inner surface or do you need to make sure it seeps into all the crevices? How often are you suppose to clean and apply the oil?

I'm assuming I had a one-way bearing problem today. At least that was the general consensus. When I got off-throttle and then got back on-throttle again, the engine would rev up but the car wouldn't move, so I would have to pull to the side, wait 1-2 seconds and then go again and everything was fine. I had to do this 3-4 times during one race and during the subsequent race, I ended up stripping the 1st gear spur as well. Could it be something else??

Thanks
Old 06-04-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Adept

That is exactly what happened to me. I cleaned the bearing out in alcohol in an ultra sonic bath. I couldn't find any one way oil, but the hobby shop had some one way grease ( I think by Racer's Edge). I worked it into the rollers with a Qtip. The one way works fine now I don't know how often it needs doing.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

either your one-way is broken beyond repair or it has gotten oil in it and needs to be flushed out. to flush it out you can use denatured alcohol but i found that carby cleaner or degreaser works well to remove any oil.
you only need to maintain it if it start playing up or maybe once every 6 months. i never oil my one-way in the spur gear or on the front axle.

the kyosho one-ways are quite durable and can take a lot of abuse.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

is it just me or is soloartist's replys not showing up????
in the rctech homepage it shows the latest nitro on-road posts and iv'e seen his name about 8 times now but no posts show up
Old 06-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twiggy
is it just me or is soloartist's replys not showing up????
in the rctech homepage it shows the latest nitro on-road posts and iv'e seen his name about 8 times now but no posts show up
What in the world are you talking about? Here are all of his posts:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/search.p...nduser&u=28052
Old 06-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What in the world are you talking about? Here are all of his posts:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/search.p...nduser&u=28052
must be my computer then
Old 06-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default 2nd gear stripping

guys what is the best way to resolve 2nd gear stripping
is it the use of worn pinion gears? i think moving to metal pinions is the way to go.

my chassis is not tweaked, im using the one piece engine mount. my car is a rrr wce with mostly all parts changed to new.

thanks!
John
Old 06-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
is it the use of worn pinion gears? i think moving to metal pinions is the way to go.

my chassis is not tweaked, im using the one piece engine mount. my car is a rrr wce with mostly all parts changed to new.

thanks!
John
John, check the lay shaft 1st. steel gear help but I think is more to new spur cause when use the old black spur gear problem gone.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrgsr

thanks!
John
Yup, agreed wif 2111, that will be last resort (though i wont go for it ) I have everything from stock even the 2 piece engine mount and till now no stripping at all (cross my finger) using dollar note thickness paper to set the gap shld be sufficient. Every parts near the affected area plays an important role.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Kyosho RRR

I had the same problem with one of my RRR.
It would strip out the 2nd gear spur gear after 2 or 3 laps.
I have the one piece motor mount,bought the newer spur gears, new pinions, actually everything associated in the rear of the car, but they still stripped out.
I took out the rear layshaft, and it had the smallest curve to it, it was very hard to detect.
While I had everything out, even though it had new spur gears again, I changed spur gears,and pinion gears, and it cured the problem.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

ok i just ordered a new rear 2 speed shaft should arrive tuesday so ill see how it goes then. ill take mine out in the meantime and check it for curves/wear etc

thanks guys
Old 06-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Hey has ay body tryed the tcd gear set for the diff?
and if so what kind of track condition should it be used in. is it more for low traction or high traction.... thanks
Old 06-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drfritz
Hey has ay body tryed the tcd gear set for the diff?
and if so what kind of track condition should it be used in. is it more for low traction or high traction.... thanks
A kind of funny feel when use the TCD gear, locks it as soon as power apply and because the action it require good to high traction to use it. but I found lap time is not much of the differents
Old 06-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey does anyone have a copy of Chris Tosolini's set-up sheet from the 2006
200mm world champs at Brendale, Australia.

Thanks
Chris

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.